Page 1 of 28 123 11 ... LastLast
    VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

Can Brett Favre turn it around?

Do you guys think he can snap back after the bye week? Seriously, I'm getting worried.

:S

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Can Brett Favre turn it around?

Can and will IMHO.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

I think he'll get better, maybe even MUCH better, but it won't be an overnight thing. I expect gradual improvement overall, with perhaps one or two great performances thrown in.

If the rest of the team makes similar strides, we should be OK. I'd love to see the Vikings rolling hot through December. We'll be behind the Pack and maybe Bears most of the way, but we just might catch them at the end when it really counts.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

If the O line can give him half a second more he'll do the business
    Purple till i die

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Yes, it depends first on the pass blocking. If they can start to give him decent protection--Favre may have a chance to turn it around.

Next question, assuming he gets time, who will he throw it to?

He has tight ends who can get open and catch the ball.

Will Harvin be healthy?
    If so, he can catch the ball.

Will they play Camarillo more? Will he get open?

Will Berrian, Lewis and Baskett start to catch the ball?

Looks to me like the tight end is the only receiver without a question mark. Everything else is a maybe.

Another question: will All Day Peterson hold onto the ball all day? Will he get good blocking? Will he excel? Can't pass without a reliable running game.

Bottom line: it's very hard for one guy to turn around an offense that is malfunctioning so badly on so many levels.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Infidel wrote:

*snip*

Bottom line: it's very hard for one guy to turn around an offense that is malfunctioning so badly on so many levels.
    Wait, I thought it was all Brett Favre's fault because he is old and missed training camp.

Too bad Carson Palmer missed training camp. Otherwise Him, Owens and Ochocincco would be firing on all cylinders for sure!

Brick is offline Pro-Bowler

I hope he turns it around and goes back to Mississippi.
    None

Brick wrote:
    No shit right? It's time to let Tarvaris Jackson spread his wings and soar!

It's obvious to anybody with a brain that Tarvaris Jackson is the better QB.

When I'm getting old and sitting on the porch with my grandchildren, Favre will be long forgotten amongst the legends of Tarvaris Jackson who fought through and brought the Vikings to multiple SuperBowl championships!

I can't believe that Jackson decided not to take any of his other offers up this offseason, essentially passing on huge multi million dollar contracts. Loyalty is a huge plus for players and the fact that he decided on his own to stay a Minnesota Viking goes a long way to describe his heart and character. Tjack fo Prez Yo!

Brick is offline Pro-Bowler

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Brick wrote:

When I'm getting old and sitting on the porch with my grandchildren, Favre will be long forgotten amongst the legends of Tarvaris Jackson who fought through and brought the Vikings to multiple SuperBowl championships!

I can't believe that Jackson decided not to take any of his other offers up this offseason, essentially passing on huge multi million dollar contracts. Loyalty is a huge plus for players and the fact that he decided on his own to stay a Minnesota Viking goes a long way to describe his heart and character. Tjack fo Prez Yo!
    Living in the past. Jackson, as much as you might think he sucks, has never started a season as poorly as Favre has this year.

You're lying to yourself if you think Favre is going to get better as the season goes on. Rice may improve things, but Favre's problems go well beyond one WR.

Whatever though, it's easy to just laugh at it and make fun of Jackson... but that's not really a valid argument, just an easy out to get the majority on your side of the discussion.

Bottom line, on the football field, Favre is hurting us more than helping us.
    None

Brick wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Brick wrote:

Living in the past. Jackson, as much as you might think he sucks, has never started a season as poorly as Favre has this year.

You're lying to yourself if you think Favre is going to get better as the season goes on. Rice may improve things, but Favre's problems go well beyond one WR.

Whatever though, it's easy to just laugh at it and make fun of Jackson... but that's not really a valid argument, just an easy out to get the majority on your side of the discussion.

Bottom line, on the football field, Favre is hurting us more than helping us.
    Jackson has never had this many new faces at WR. Hell some are still being brought on the roster just days before a game...and PLAYING!

Your lying to yourself if you think Favre is the only problem this offense is facing right now and that Jackson would have a better handle of the situation.

And I do think Favre is going to get better as the season goes on.

Page 1 of 28 123 11 ... LastLast