Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trkn10 is offline Training Camp

Can anybody explain this?

Monday I was on my way to an exercise planning conference at Minot AFB, ND and had a short layover at MSP Airport. Being that it was the day that would end in our thrashing by the Packers I came appropriately clad in my Peterson jersey. I was feelin' it so I thought I'd pop into the Minnesota Sports Store to pick something up for myself and get the wife a Jared Allen jersey. To my f%^&&% horror I saw at least a third of the store bedecked with Packers crap.

I understand the idea of making money, but this is freakin' bull ^&%&! I live near Wash DC and I don't ever remember seeing any other NFC East teams' stuff in the Redskins' Locker, never saw anything other than Cowboys crap in their stores, same thing in KC, or Chicago (and their respective airports). WTF?????? Is this indicative of the mindset of the business elite in MN? When I expressed my disbelief (and total disgust) with the snow pig that worked there she said it was great because she was a Packers fan. I was the only one of 4 people in the store looking at Vikings stuff. The other three wankers were pawing through GBP crap. Is this normal up there?? I don't remember the Vikings Locker Room store in the MoA having anything like this when I was there in '03. This to me would be like the Russians selling German uniforms in Moscow in 1941.

Sorry about the small pic BTW.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mss.jpg  
    Last edited by Trkn10; 11-21-2011 at 09:06 PM.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Soon the whole state will be a Packer state.

Trkn10 is offline Training Camp
    Agree - that's what I'm afraid of. With reference to the Thread about "would you follow the team if they move?" F^&# NO! I have been a die-hard fan since 1970 and this organization and its players have given up the honor of being called Vikings - especially this year! The good people of Minnesota deserve a hell of a lot better than this (I say this being from Chicago originally!) I love this team win, or lose - but everything about this team is frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Soon the whole state will be a Packer state.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    It has to do with the. Lose proximity of the metro to the sconnie border. The economy in most of the state sucks so they migrate to the metro for jobs and bring their packer loving families with them. The reason you don't see as many team jerseys in sconnie is because people generally don't want to move there or stay there if they can get out.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Three reasons: location next to Wisconsin, bandwagon fans, and money.

1. MSP is the major airport for western Wisconsin as well as Minnesota.

2. There are many bandwagon fans who stick to Superbowl teams like Zebra Mussels.

3. Money from points 1 & 2 help pay the bills.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    It's because all the Vikings stuff was mostly sold out, leaving the remaining 1/3 of the store with Packers stuff that very few bought.

It gives the false impression the store carried nore Packer stuff.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Trkn10 View Post
    Monday I was on my way to an exercise planning conference at Minot AFB, ND and had a short layover at MSP Airport. Being that it was the day that would end in our thrashing by the Packers I came appropriately clad in my Peterson jersey. I was feelin' it so I thought I'd pop into the Minnesota Sports Store to pick something up for myself and get the wife a Jared Allen jersey. To my f%^&&% horror I saw at least a third of the store bedecked with Packers crap.

I understand the idea of making money, but this is freakin' bull ^&%&! I live near Wash DC and I don't ever remember seeing any other NFC East teams' stuff in the Redskins' Locker, never saw anything other than Cowboys crap in their stores, same thing in KC, or Chicago (and their respective airports). WTF?????? Is this indicative of the mindset of the business elite in MN? When I expressed my disbelief (and total disgust) with the snow pig that worked there she said it was great because she was a Packers fan. I was the only one of 4 people in the store looking at Vikings stuff. The other three wankers were pawing through GBP crap. Is this normal up there?? I don't remember the Vikings Locker Room store in the MoA having anything like this when I was there in '03. This to me would be like the Russians selling German uniforms in Moscow in 1941.

Sorry about the small pic BTW.
    That is not a store owned and operated by the Minnesota Vikings, so they can sell whatever they feel will sell.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    It's because all the Vikings stuff was mostly sold out, leaving the remaining 1/3 of the store with Packers stuff that very few bought.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

why would there be any Packer stuff little own a 1/3 of the store, impression is they carry too much packer stuff by having more than 2 items and one has to be toilet paper with their logo on it

Dfoster is offline Rookie
    Blog Entries
    The true America's team, the Green Bay Packers.

Sorry, your protestations notwithstanding... It's not only true, but makes the most sense for so many fans throughout the country.

I for one couldn't really fault anyone left standing here for seeking some professional help at this point, and when my wife had me deliver a bunch of food and clothes to the local homeless shelter, there were two guys with Vikings pull-overs on to help unload it into their facility.

They were very friendly and appreciative, so major props for that.
    Last edited by Dfoster; 11-23-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast