Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Can The 2010 Season Get Any Worse?

Zeus wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    We also need a Cowher/Dungy type so that they can get Wilf to pull his fingers OUT of the mix, and leave it to football guys. Frazier can't demand that, Cowher/Dungy can.
    On the Cowher/Gruden (not Dungy - he'll never coach again, of that I feel certain) thing, Peter King says this:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/21/monday-morning-qb-week-11/index.html?eref=sihp

You're an owner, and you want to make a coaching change for 2011. Here's what you're thinking about as this disappointing (presumably) season winds down:

1. There's a very good chance the new coach won't have access to the players beginning in March, when a potential lockout would happen. He may not have access to the players until a new labor deal is signed, which seems more and more like it won't happen until at least the summer. And that's being optimistic.

2. The new coach won't be able to work with his new staff very much either, because most teams will put assistant coaches on varying part-time contracts. The new coaches won't be in the building much, if at all, during a work stoppage.

3. The big-name coaches -- Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden -- will be in play. But will you want to lock them in at a big number for 2011 if you're not sure when or if you'll be playing football?

"What all that means,' one head coach not on the hot seat told me Friday, "is an advantage for the in-house candidate unlike there's ever been. Financially and functionally, the top coordinator makes sense more than it ever has.'
    I am with you in that I don't think Frazier is the answer. But I would like to see a "try-out" at this point of him (and why no one thinks Bevell is an option is mind-boggling to me).

The uncertainty of the 2011 season, however, is a big huge freaking deal and should not be ignored in this discussion.

=Z=
    Two things.....

1. Excellent read. Thanks.....

2. Bevs. I'm not sure. Heck, even I haven't even thought to consider him.

My guess, if the staff elects to get rid of the Chiller it won't be because of what he's done so far as a HC but rather to appease the chucklehead fans who can't see what he has done as this teams HC.

Anyone associated with the Chiller, would also be looked upon in the same light as the Chiller. Putting any of them in an elivated position of authority would draw the ire of the mindless masses, leaving them out of the discussion.

Mostly talking about Bevs and TJ here.

Kindof a ramble. Hope that makes sense.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

triedandtruevikesfan wrote:
    It can always be worse. You could be a Packer fan.
    Amen sister. Amen indeed. I'd rather be a fan of the Vikes when they are looking bad, than a bandwagon PUKER lover.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

Caine wrote:
    But, in the interim, give Frazier a shot. Let him have something he can point to on his resume that says, "I did this" that isn't tainted by the Chiller. After all, the season is done for us - unless the rest of the NFC suddenly melts down. There is ZERO point in keeping Chiller - who is as good as fired (Or had BETTER be after yesterdays debacle), and no point in NOT giving Frazier a few weeks to show what he can do.

Caine
    Hmmm... this sounds very familiar... if you just replace the name "Frazier" with "Jackson" and the second "Chiller" with "Favre."

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Marrdro wrote:
    triedandtruevikesfan wrote:
    It can always be worse. You could be a Packer fan.
    Amen sister. Amen indeed. I'd rather be a fan of the Vikes when they are looking bad, than a bandwagon PUKER lover.
    Ahhh.. Packer fan envy.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

The season just got much better. Childress is fired and I couldn't ask for much more at this moment.

Good bye, Childress!
    Hope you have a good life and good luck with finding a new profession because you will NEVER be a head coach again. No team can be that stupid.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES wrote:
    Where are the 2012 'LA vikings' going to play? The stadium won't be ready until AT LEAST 2015.

It would be a lockout, not a strike.
    Lockout= owners
    Strike= players
    Ummm have you look at our stadium issue?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

marstc09 wrote:
    Where are the 2012 'LA vikings' going to play? The stadium won't be ready until AT LEAST 2015.

Lockout= owners
    Strike= players
    Ummm, have you?

http://www.startribune.com/politics/local/109920424.html?elr=KArksUUUycaEacyU

Dayton's comments were some of his strongest on a new Vikings stadium, an issue that is likely to again face legislators starting in January. The team, which has played at the Metrodome in downtown Minneapolis since the early 1980s, has said it will not renew its lease there when it expires at the end of next season.

Dayton's comments also came a week after Republican legislative leaders, who will assume a majority in both the House and Senate in January, expressed support for addressing the issue at some point during the upcoming legislative session. In speaking to reporters Monday, Dayton said much of what happened regarding the stadium next year would depend on the Legislature's new Republican leadership.
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

Lockout= owners
    Strike= players
    Ummm, have you?

http://www.startribune.com/politics/local/109920424.html?elr=KArksUUUycaEacyU

Dayton's comments were some of his strongest on a new Vikings stadium, an issue that is likely to again face legislators starting in January. The team, which has played at the Metrodome in downtown Minneapolis since the early 1980s, has said it will not renew its lease there when it expires at the end of next season.

Dayton's comments also came a week after Republican legislative leaders, who will assume a majority in both the House and Senate in January, expressed support for addressing the issue at some point during the upcoming legislative session. In speaking to reporters Monday, Dayton said much of what happened regarding the stadium next year would depend on the Legislature's new Republican leadership.
    =Z=
    Is it finalized yet? Didn't think so.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Zeus wrote:
    Culpepper_4717 wrote:
    HEY wrote:
    Apparently, it can!

Herrera May Be Lost For Season.

Honestly, at this moment we can play Tarvaris Jackson out there for all I care. The season is lost anyway.
    Screw TJoke. I want to see what Joe Webb can do.
    The idea that Joe Webb can do anything against first-string NFL defenses is ludicrous.

=Z=
    Pretty much the same as the first and second string options then huh?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    The idea that Joe Webb can do anything against first-string NFL defenses is ludicrous.

=Z=
    That, along with the "We want Leslie as the Interim HC" crowd just mystifies me my friend.
    that will never happen anyway. :woohoo:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast