Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Campbell Charged

"FuadFan" wrote:
    Assuming you mean Cris Carter, please storm don't compare Campbell to him. Cris never carried around a stolen gun and he had more talent in one arm than Campbell has in his whole body.
    No, actually I meant Randy Moss, who broke just about every single team record set by Carter.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Storm" wrote:
    OH NOES, he smoked some pot, ARMAGEDDON IS HERE!

People need to get over the roll model bullcrap. Players are just like everyone else, period. If some musician smokes pot it's ok, but GOD FORBID a sports player does it in offseason. Here's a newsflash: he's just a young male, just like millions around you. Being in NFL doesnt make him any different.

Stolen gun part is pretty lame though, I hope he avoids jail.
    say that to the number of musicians that have gotten in over there heads and have died.

I could care less about musicians and there drug problems, they are musicians they are individuals sometimes in a group. Bands break up over this kind of crap. Axel Rose for example, ruined one of the best bands ever because he was always getting high. He made me wait 3 hours to see him in concert becasue he was doing drugs, to high to play.

enough with the musicians. back to football. Football players play on a team and when there are rules in society and in the NFL that say that you shouldn't do drugs cause you will have consequences, that will ultimately affect YOUR TEAM, not just KELLY C. It is a selfish act. Once you make the NFL, you have the choice to walk the straight and narrow so you don't get into these situations or you can gamble. Kelly gambled and he will be lucky to get a second chance. Players with more talent than him have had hard times making it back in the NFL after things like this. Unless we pick him back up or another coach that knows Kelly C, I don't think he will have a future in the NFL. He will have to sit 4 games this season, if we keep him, that is money that is not well spent. Pay fresh out of college guys and try and find one that wants to be in the NFL more than Kelly does.

6-KINGS Guest

Highly subjective?, personel matter?
    Since when does the individual determine on their own what is right and what is wrong?
    You may think you do, but you don't.
    That is what laws and regulations are for.
    That kind of thought process will put you in jail.
    Because oneday you will make the wrong subjective, personel choice and it won't seem right to the justice system.
    Laws set the structure for how we as individuals and as a group shall live and interact with one another.
    And to keep 5 Billion people from doing their "own" thing

As for Kelly he failed all of us, (including himself) to be a responsible adult.
    Be it if he was a cop, lawyer, trashman or a football player.
    He failed and must own up to it and make amends in the arena where he makes an impact.
    And that is in the eye of the public.

6-KINGS Guest

THANK YOU SNOWINAPRIL!!!

"snowinapril" wrote:
    say that to the number of musicians that have gotten in over there heads and have died.

I could care less about musicians and there drug problems, they are musicians they are individuals sometimes in a group. Bands break up over this kind of crap. Axel Rose for example, ruined one of the best bands ever because he was always getting high. He made me wait 3 hours to see him in concert becasue he was doing drugs, to high to play.

enough with the musicians. back to football. Football players play on a team and when there are rules in society and in the NFL that say that you shouldn't do drugs cause you will have consequences, that will ultimately affect YOUR TEAM, not just KELLY C. It is a selfish act. Once you make the NFL, you have the choice to walk the straight and narrow so you don't get into these situations or you can gamble. Kelly gambled and he will be lucky to get a second chance. Players with more talent than him have had hard times making it back in the NFL after things like this. Unless we pick him back up or another coach that knows Kelly C, I don't think he will have a future in the NFL. He will have to sit 4 games this season, if we keep him, that is money that is not well spent. Pay fresh out of college guys and try and find one that wants to be in the NFL more than Kelly does.
    About musicians: I've never heard of a single musician who died from weed. Lets not get into whole soft drugs debate.

As for Kelly: do you see a double standard here? Onterio Smith, anyone? I dont remember "holier than thou" speeches flying around when he got suspended last year. Why? Because the team needed him. See, thats all that matters. If you need a player you WILL ignore all this, but if you dont - all the righteous types will crawl out and preach about responsibilities and how smoking weed is bad.

6-KINGS Guest

As for Onterrio,
    I was not a member then.
    Or I would have posted what you call "holier than thou" what I call common sense being an adult post.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Storm" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    Assuming you mean Cris Carter, please storm don't compare Campbell to him. Cris never carried around a stolen gun and he had more talent in one arm than Campbell has in his whole body.
    No, actually I meant Randy Moss, who broke just about every single team record set by Carter.
    Oh yeah, name all the records. Or are you just speculating?

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    Highly subjective?, personel matter?
    Since when does the individual determine on their own what is right and what is wrong?
    You may think you do, but you don't.
    That is what laws and regulations are for.
    That kind of thought process will put you in jail.
    Because oneday you will make the wrong subjective, personel choice and it won't seem right to the justice system.
    Laws set the structure for how we as individuals and as a group shall live and interact with one another.
    And to keep 5 Billion people from doing their "own" thing

As for Kelly he failed all of us, (including himself) to be a responsible adult.
    Be it if he was a cop, lawyer, trashman or a football player.
    He failed and must own up to it and make amends in the arena where he makes an impact.
    And that is in the eye of the public.
    You confuse words "Morals" and "Law". Morals do not equal law. If you are talking about law, leave the morals out of it, because, again, morals are a highly subjective matter.

As for Kelly, he doesnt owe being a responsible adult to anyone, except for himself. He didnt "fail you" in any shape or form.

6-KINGS Guest

Every single law on the books is based on making people do the moral thing, or be punished for not doing the moral thing.

Laws are the police, judge and jury of morals.

It is basic Law 101

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

Right on Storm! Whether or not anyone agrees with you, your opinion is appreciated. As for breaking the law, the gun issue is the only concern I have with Campbell's recent trouble. Smoking dope has been a human issue for millennia. Here in America it was legal until 40's I believe. Has it changed the fact that millions continue to smoke? Nope and it never will. Besides, anyone wanting to smoke legally can just go to Canada or better yet take a few trips to Europe where it is legal to smoke and jeezus only knows how screwed up those societies have been over the last few "THOUSAND" years! NOT!!!!!!

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast