Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    If he is picked off our practice squad he has to be on that teams 53 man roster for 3 weeks. Childs is no sure thing. He's injured his patellas in both 2010 & 2012 & has only had 1 spectacular catch that people talk about during training camp to his credit. That's a really high risk venture for a team to put on a player who only had 16 receptions, 192 yards & 0 TD's during his 2011 season.
    I'm aware of that, thats why I said something about carrying him on the active roster till week 4 (if he is going to be healthy).

As to risk, teams go out and draft cats with 0 receptions and 0 TD's in the league based on 0 reps in the NFL. If a team has someone go down in camp or if they have been paying attention, it wouldn't be out of the question to go out and snatch him up.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I'm aware of that, thats why I said something about carrying him on the active roster till week 4 (if he is going to be healthy).

As to risk, teams go out and draft cats with 0 receptions and 0 TD's in the league based on 0 reps in the NFL. If a team has someone go down in camp or if they have been paying attention, it wouldn't be out of the question to go out and snatch him up.
    I'm with Singer on the practice squad thing. I don't think at this point that is a big fear. If he is allowed to play in pre-season, looks healthy and makes plays and gets put on the practice squad, then it is more likely that a team will take him on. He is purely a product of our imagination at this point.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Sorry, but I just don't get all the love for Childs...kid has torn both patellas TWICE! And, from what I remember, wasn't hit at all either time. That sounds like some sort of permanent issue to me.

Sure, great work ethic, good story, I hope he miraculously recovers! But, realistically, I wouldn't count on it, and I think he may be best off taking another year to rebuild the muscles etc around his fake/cadaver parts.

Has he even resumed practicing yet? I'm seeing questionable for start of camp...?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

rednorsk is offline Rookie
    IMHO Simpson was a lousy choice for the Vikings.
    None

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12