Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Camp Battles: Safety


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Sanford cant cover anyone but hes solid in the box. He tackles well and he creates some turnovers. And hes valuable on special teams. He was brought back as a free agent because hes a safe, reliable choice. But hes not what youd call a top-of-the-line NFL starter.
    LOL, someone just tried to convince me that playing good in the box and creating turnovers in that area isn't as big of a "Game Changer" as a INT by a safety.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    LOL, someone just tried to convince me that playing good in the box and creating turnovers in that area isn't as big of a "Game Changer" as a INT by a safety.
    No they didn't. That was your interpretation . Another extrapolation out of thin air.
    Reading is fundamental, apparently comprehension isn't !
    The statement was that you called interceptions sexy and that someone said they were more than sexy, they were game changers. There was nothing said about turnovers or good play in the box until you brought it up.
    Quit patting yourself on the back. You'll hurt your arm!

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    No they didn't. That was your interpretation . Another extrapolation out of thin air.
    Reading is fundamental, apparently comprehension isn't !
    The statement was that you called interceptions sexy and that someone said they were more than sexy, they were game changers. There was nothing said about turnovers or good play in the box until you brought it up.
    Quit patting yourself on the back. You'll hurt your arm!
    LOL, now we start with the "Dumb" insults.

    My mind is feeble and I can't read a whole post but if memory serves that last trade in comments went something like this.......
    As to what is sexy and what isn't......Any turnover is a game changer, just not INT's. So are Sacks and Tackles for a loss. Guess which ones happen more often during the course of a game? Same ones that caused Smitty to get 2 gimme INT's last year.

    You can put alot of value on a INT if you want, but I'd rather see consistent pressure from our front 4 getting that pressure on the QB (result INT or sack) and getting those tackles in the backfield (lots of fumbles).
    And I will take an interception over a sack or tackle behind the line any time.
    Just because the person quoted second didn't specifically address the bolded comments by the first quoted poster, doesn't mean that they weren't still considered part of the discussion.

    You can turn this into a pissing contest if you want, but the fact still remains you like Smitty more than Jamarca because he had a few INT's. That he sucked vs the run is absolutely not even a part of your feelings.

    I on the other hand readily admit that Jamarca wasn't great in pass support and could improve, but go on to contend that together they make a damn fine team of S's. If you want to get into the whole "Reading is fundamental" aspect of this discussion then I could also contend that you have missed that point no less that 3 or 4 times and just short of getting out a coloring book with some crayons, I'm not sure you ever will.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    LOL, now we start with the "Dumb" insults.

    My mind is feeble and I can't read a whole post but if memory serves that last trade in comments went something like this.......



    Just because the person quoted second didn't specifically address the bolded comments by the first quoted poster, doesn't mean that they weren't still considered part of the discussion.

    You can turn this into a pissing contest if you want, but the fact still remains you like Smitty more than Jamarca because he had a few INT's. That he sucked vs the run is absolutely not even a part of your feelings.

    I on the other hand readily admit that Jamarca wasn't great in pass support and could improve, but go on to contend that together they make a damn fine team of S's. If you want to get into the whole "Reading is fundamental" aspect of this discussion then I could also contend that you have missed that point no less that 3 or 4 times and just short of getting out a coloring book with some crayons, I'm not sure you ever will.
    The dumb insult started here several days ago,
    " What you have is a bunch of yutz fans and reporters who don't have a clue what the role of a SS is and how great a role that plays in the ability of your FS to look great in pass coverage."

    If it were a pissing contest I would have been less gracious and mentioned something about a self anointed know it all, who played 9 man football in high school and thinks owning a Kevin Williams jersey, with holes in it, qualifies as NFL experience.
    You have convinced me I have no right to contradict your opinion on this board and my posts as a fan aren't worthwhile.
    I can only wonder how many others have left PPO because of your crap.
    BTW, I've been here longer than you, but now I leave PPO to you, genius.
    This is a fan site.
    I'm done here.

  6. #6
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    The dumb insult started here several days ago,
    " What you have is a bunch of yutz fans and reporters who don't have a clue what the role of a SS is and how great a role that plays in the ability of your FS to look great in pass coverage."

    If it were a pissing contest I would have been less gracious and mentioned something about a self anointed know it all, who played 9 man football in high school and thinks owning a Kevin Williams jersey, with holes in it, qualifies as NFL experience.
    You have convinced me I have no right to contradict your opinion on this board and my posts as a fan aren't worthwhile.
    I can only wonder how many others have left PPO because of your crap.
    BTW, I've been here longer than you, but now I leave PPO to you, genius.
    This is a fan site.
    I'm done here.
    Don't go anywhere or i will hunt you down.....

  7. #7
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    LOL, someone just tried to convince me that playing good in the box and creating turnovers in that area isn't as big of a "Game Changer" as a INT by a safety.

    Apparently this is one of those times when we are supposed to believe the drivel a yutz reporter is spewing forth as opposed to not believing it.

    And by one of these times I mean a time when a reporter writes something you agree with.

    When a reporter writes something you don't agree with, the yutz is simply spewing forth drivel.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    The dumb insult started here several days ago,
    " What you have is a bunch of yutz fans and reporters who don't have a clue what the role of a SS is and how great a role that plays in the ability of your FS to look great in pass coverage."

    If it were a pissing contest I would have been less gracious and mentioned something about a self anointed know it all, who played 9 man football in high school and thinks owning a Kevin Williams jersey, with holes in it, qualifies as NFL experience.
    You have convinced me I have no right to contradict your opinion on this board and my posts as a fan aren't worthwhile.
    I can only wonder how many others have left PPO because of your crap.
    BTW, I've been here longer than you, but now I leave PPO to you, genius.
    This is a fan site.
    I'm done here.
    OK, I apologize for being so slow on the uptake. I did not realize you took that as direct insult.

    "A bunch of yutz fans" in no way was calling you out directly. Hell I think I call myself a yutz more than I do anyone or anything else.

    As to contridicting my opinion. Feel free. I love it because it keeps a discussion going and you've been around here long enough to know that is all I really try to do on sites like this is keep a discussion going.

    Sad to see you take any of my comments any other way.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Don't go anywhere or i will hunt you down.....
    I hope he takes my apology to heart.
    Last edited by Marrdro; 07-12-2013 at 10:26 AM.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    LOL, someone just tried to convince me that playing good in the box and creating turnovers in that area isn't as big of a "Game Changer" as a INT by a safety.

    Apparently this is one of those times when we are supposed to believe the drivel a yutz reporter is spewing forth as opposed to not believing it.

    And by one of these times I mean a time when a reporter writes something you agree with.

    When a reporter writes something you don't agree with, the yutz is simply spewing forth drivel.
    The Truth.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •