singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Camp Battles: Linebacker

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    I still say the Erin will play the Mike. Again, Bishops experience in the inside has been in the 3-4. I think the last time he played the Mike in a 4-3 scheme was back in pop-warner.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I still say the Erin will play the Mike. Again, Bishops experience in the inside has been in the 3-4. I think the last time he played the Mike in a 4-3 scheme was back in pop-warner.
    Acutally Bishop played MLB at Cal and was very productive leading the team in tackles both years and the conference his senior year.

He has more experience at MLB than Erin, but they are similar players and I could see either winning that spot. Bishop if healthy is the better linebacker.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    The first statement the article makes is false. Erin has been playing the MLB spot in the nickel off and on for 2 years...he's called plays before, so he has some experience there, and in our system. But, the bigger question may be, How much do we give up vs. the run game between missing our 'thumper' and our Winny!??
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    The first statement the article makes is false. Erin has been playing the MLB spot in the nickel off and on for 2 years...he's called plays before, so he has some experience there, and in our system. But, the bigger question may be, How much do we give up vs. the run game between missing our 'thumper' and our Winny!??
    I think Bishop's injury status will determine who will win the MLB position. He was as good as Brinkley in run support, so if healthy, I don't think we would regress from that position. Winfield's run support will be harder to replace and I think this is a very key position to watch through pre-season to see if Lacey or Robinson can handle these duties.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see Erin continue in his nickel duties, especially if Bishop hasn't fully recovered.

The extremely low guaranteed money ($50K) on Bishop makes it pretty easy to cut him if he doesn't show that he is up to speed throughout the pre-season.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Acutally Bishop played MLB at Cal and was very productive leading the team in tackles both years and the conference his senior year.

He has more experience at MLB than Erin, but they are similar players and I could see either winning that spot. Bishop if healthy is the better linebacker.
    I come back and the first thread I read has Marrdro spewing garbage and getting owed. Good to see things have not changed.