Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Camarillo hasn't caught on yet

Greg Camarillo has two catches in two games for the Vikings, hardly the kind of performance many expected from a wide receiver who caught 50 passes with Miami last season. Think about it: He went from a team with average quarterbacking to a team with one of the all-time greats. Didn't you figure he'd catch 75 to 100 passes from Brett Favre? But here he sits with two catches one in each game. I talked to Camarillo on Wednesday.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Camarillo hasn't caught on yet

Thanks for the read Marr. This has surprised the hell out of me too. No reason in my mind why he isn't more involved in the O. Sometimes I think Chilly goes out of his way to show how incredibly difficult his offense is to grasp. And I always say, KISS.

BS: Are you surprised to have just one catch in each of the first two games?
    What he said:
    GC: You just go with the flow. When the ball comes your way, you've just got to make the play. You can't count on it coming a lot, or not count on it coming at all. You have to catch whatever is thrown to you.
    What he was thinking:
    GC: Hell yeah...are you kidding me? I thought I'd have about 10 catches by now. We've got guys that are hurt and here I am ready to play!
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Greg Camarillo has two catches in two games for the Vikings, hardly the kind of performance many expected from a wide receiver who caught 50 passes with Miami last season. Think about it: He went from a team with average quarterbacking to a team with one of the all-time greats. Didn't you figure he'd catch 75 to 100 passes from Brett Favre? But here he sits with two catches one in each game. I talked to Camarillo on Wednesday.

I didn't read the article but I would think that has something to do with his playing time and the amount of balls thrown his way. I don't blame that on Camarillo. To me, it's playing Greg Lewis over him for whomever makes that decision.

Get Camarillo in the game more and his catches will go up.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

GC: I've been through a lot of offenses. It's just a matter of getting the right terminology. It took a few days to figure that out, but I'm up to speed. I've got things rolling.
    Idk what the article's title is for. According to Cam he HAS caught on.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

12purplepride28 wrote:
    GC: I've been through a lot of offenses. It's just a matter of getting the right terminology. It took a few days to figure that out, but I'm up to speed. I've got things rolling.
    If he is up to speed and we definately need someone who can catch the ball out there, then what pray tell is your assesment of why he isn't more involved?

For the life of me, I can only think of one reason he hasn't been used and none of you guys want to hear it, thats for sure. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    If he is up to speed and we definately need someone who can catch the ball out there, then what pray tell is your assesment of why he isn't more involved?
    He was on the field a lot on Sunday, playing on the right side in 2-WR sets. And that's why he isn't involved - because he has never been an outside WR in the NFL. He's a slot guy. And you, of all people, should know that it's not as simple as "You line up here and run this pattern".

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:

For the life of me, I can only think of one reason he hasn't been used and none of you guys want to hear it, thats for sure. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I know some of the blame goes to Favre, but not all of it. I don't think Childress knows how to utilize the talent we have on this team properly.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:

I know some of the blame goes to Favre, but not all of it. I don't think Childress knows how to utilize the talent we have on this team properly.

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    He was on the field a lot on Sunday, playing on the right side in 2-WR sets. And that's why he isn't involved - because he has never been an outside WR in the NFL. He's a slot guy. And you, of all people, should know that it's not as simple as "You line up here and run this pattern".

=Z=
    You cut out the part were I said "I have an opinion but you guys don't want to hear it".

What do you think my opinion is? Probably the same one I've said over and over and over all week.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    You cut out the part were I said "I have an opinion but you guys don't want to hear it".

What do you think my opinion is? Probably the same one I've said over and over and over all week.
    I ignore a lot of your posts because they inevitably end up being some snide "Noodle" comment and I'm just tired of it. What's your opinion, then?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast