RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Calm the hell down - the season isn't over.

This loss was tough to swallow, there's no doubt about that. It ruined my Christmas. I'm still in a bit of a daze from disbelief. One of our linebackers finally stepped up big, and we still managed to lose, because another was too busy staring at the hot girl in the front row to plant Donald Driver's head six inches under the ground.

But there is still hope.

Let's say the Vikings get to the playoffs - which they should.

Antoine Winfield will be healthy, and Moss should be getting better as well. With Terrell Owens out, there are no wide receivers in the NFC that Winfield/Williams cannot conceivably cover. Our secondary packages are tightening up - and Cottrell has publically acknowledged an increased need for linebacker awareness, which he should drill into them this week.

All is not lost. We still have one of the most dynamic offenses in the league. What we need is to play Colts style football. Light them the hell up. Manning throws into double coverage all the time. Culpepper is an amazing QB, and has certainly become more mature - no doubt. But he won't throw jump balls anymore - we have to take our risks, and that's something I expect to happen in the playoffs.

Michael Bennett is playing better, and Nate Burleson is playing incredible football. Our offense is capable of scoring 30+ points every game. If we get to the playoffs, we can and will do some damage. Keep your chin up, Viking fans.

Oh, and to mr. packmanxxiii. We normally get along, as you're normally sensical. But reading some of the drivel you posted after the narrow victory you experienced on Friday made me sick. You did not win because the Packers are so great - ask Ahmad Carroll. You won because the Vikings have yet to develop that fire and passion that is necessary for victory. If we get to the postseason, we will. You're calling out Randy Moss on not having an amazing game. The man has a torn muscle in his hamstring and back spasms, and yet still blocked downfield all day, in case you missed that. Get off him - he's a wide receiver. He can't win games by himself. We'll see how much you talk when Favre retires.

And finally, Viking fans, this isn't Mike Tice's fault. Mike Tice is not out there playing football. He is not out there executing. EJ, DT, and CC are out there blowing games for us. And Brian Williams should just change his name to toast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

There's no doubt in my mind that we would have one if Birk and #44 did not get called for penalties on that last drive, tice did not hold and he did jump offsides. He is not responsible for our 1st and 25, when we were rolling down the packers throats. Pepp did all he could with what he had to work with, (drive killing penalties and half ass running routes by our WR's).

When did CC blow any games?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Hey vikingstw, this was funny: "And Brian Williams should just change his name to toast." You are so right! Great post! :salute:

8404, said that not me, I'm a Brian Williams fan, although he did get toasted two weeks in a row i want him to move to saftey.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

I couldn't agree with you more completely, 8404. We shouldn't start talking about the offseason until the postseason is over. Although I also stated that firing Tice might be beneficial, I think he might be able to redeem himself if he coaches the Vikez deep into the playoffs, especially if they make the Super Bowl (bonus points if they end up facing and beating the Packers by some stroke of luck). All that any team needs to do to start a Super Bowl run is to make the playoffs. The regular season doesn't matter for very much beyond that, apart from homefield. All that matters for crap is who makes the playoffs, and who wins.

I also don't really care if Tice gets fired or not at this point. All I care about is the playoffs! If the Vikez lose, go ahead and fire his ass, but I don't give a **** who's coaching as long as the Vikez are winning!

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

Though Williams did get burnt....Dont blame our DB's so much this week...Other then Claiborne our LB's suck...I will just say that straight up...They cannot cover and they fall for the low routes and leave the high crossing routes wide open...Only reason I leave Claiborne out of this is because he didnt have a bad game and made some pretty good tackles on one of the tougher backs in the league...Any good free agent LB's this coming year???

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

Screw that! I am a huge Vikings fan and always will be but those bums do not deserve to make the playoffs! I am so sick of people making excuses for them. Our offense shows up and puts the points on the board but our stupid ass defense plays with no heart. I see Hovanin the game on several plays against green bay! WTF will Tice make up his mind and stick with him or bench him. Same goes for Bennett on offense! This team deserves to sit at home and watch the playoffs just like they did last year! During the draft this year if we draft any offensive players with our first two picks it will really make me sick! So please stop making excuses and be real this team has no heart and deserves none from us!!!!!

"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:
    Screw that! I am a huge Vikings fan and always will be but those bums do not deserve to make the playoffs! I am so sick of people making excuses for them. Our offense shows up and puts the points on the board but our stupid ass defense plays with no heart. I see Hovanin the game on several plays against green bay! WTF will Tice make up his mind and stick with him or bench him. Same goes for Bennett on offense! This team deserves to sit at home and watch the playoffs just like they did last year! During the draft this year if we draft any offensive players with our first two picks it will really make me sick! So please stop making excuses and be real this team has no heart and deserves none from us!!!!!
    Hey I got a good idea how about you go to their locker room, stand up in front of all the players and coaching staff and tell that to their face. ale:

After all the offseason training, mini camps, training camps, the injuries and the everything else that comes with a NFL season. I'm sure they'll agree with 100% :clown: . There's no doubt those guys are not perfect but they have won 8 games and if thats what it takes to get to the playoffs then so be it, they won those games and they earned their spot as a seed in the playoffs.

scorptile is offline Starter

good point vikingstw i like your posts and you are right if the WR's didnt half @$$ the second half of football the pack would've hd a hard time winning htat game...pepp tried his heart out the defense tried their hearts out...the WR's decided to give up second half...the problem with doing what the colts offense is doing is this they have a very accurate qb that will throw the ball where he knows only the WR's will get it...the WR's will run on every play even if it is a run...and the key to the colts success is the colts defense is holding and getting turnovers when it matters most...my advice for the vikes is this tell moss to either run on every play and the same for hte other wide recievers or tell them to join ricky williams...to me right now burlson looks to be a better WR then moss does...he runs on every play and he catches the same kind of passes that moss does...
    proud fan of the SB XLI champions.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

"vikingstw" wrote:
    "purpleFavreEaters" wrote:
    Hey I got a good idea how about you go to their locker room, stand up in front of all the players and coaching staff and tell that to their face. ale:

After all the offseason training, mini camps, training camps, the injuries and the everything else that comes with a NFL season. I'm sure they'll agree with 100% :clown: . There's no doubt those guys are not perfect but they have won 8 games and if thats what it takes to get to the playoffs then so be it, they won those games and they earned their spot as a seed in the playoffs.
    Pretty much like Red McCombs once did......
    Sure helped morale didn't it.....

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com