Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Calm Down

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Calm Down

Our playbook is too much like the Eagles of the past....except we don't have McNabb or anyone close to his talent. When is the last time a "Project QB" worked out? All I know is that the Colts are pissed & our secondary is in big trouble. Don't let the loss the Colts suffered to the Bears make you think they are vulnerable. This is Peyton Manning & the Colts! Freeney may have a field day....we'll be 0-2 going to play Carolina.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Didn't the Giants start off 0-2 or 0-3 last year? We all know where they ended up.

I do honestly feel optimistic about the team as a whole, but say what you want, I feel I am granted plenty of leniency when I say that Tarvaris and Childress worry me too much to relax while watching a game.

I am a pretty positive guy, but I also am realistic and like to give criticism when needed. I also give praise equally when needed. Right now Tarvaris is drawing a little bit of praise from me on certain things, and a whole lot of criticism on others. Childress is still at fault. He wanted him as his project, and in year 3 Tarvaris is still making the same stupid throws he has made since year 1. Even if he just rode the bench the first year, he should still have learned certain things regarding reading a defense or learning when and how to check down his targets. If he is not being taught properly can you really blame him?

This team is expected to make the playoffs from everyone you talk to. By making them, we will not be surprising anyone. We are supposed to be in them this year. If we miss them, I think it's time to let someone else try their hand with this team. Too much talent to let Childress tinker it all away.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

Everyone on here knows i've been a TJ supporter for a long time. But even I have to admit that last night, he made his case for worst QB in the league. Is he athletic? Hell yeah, we's the best running QB in the league, better than VY I think, but his mechanics were atrocious for even a college QB in the first half. In the second he improved, but not enough to erase the memory of the 1st.

I really hate to see this happening, b/c i'll be one of those to look foolish if he doesn't pan out, but for all the talk about him over the offseason, he looked awful. And some of his throws were to WR's who were covered, who in no way would be able to catch the ball.

Now, his WR's didn't help by not getting separation and some of his pocket times were awfully low, but with our patched Oline, that's expected I suppose.

In all reality, the GB Packers are Brett Favre difference from NFC Championship game, and Rodgers looks more than capable to fill that void. So they are a really good team, but with the money we spent, we should have at least gotten one sack and a passing TD to Berrian. AT LEAST make him throw more than 4 incompletions....

So TJ is NOT the only reason we lost last night, but he DID look really sloppy and just immature, in the sense that he couldn't handle the stage, and he hadn't improved like we've all been told.

I will not be surprised if Gus starts soon. Not that I want that to happen, but TJ, this is your team, and if you can't carry your load, someone else has to....
    :-[ :'(
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Vikefan05 is offline Pro-Bowler

"C" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    What I can't understand is why on a 3rd and 1 we're in a 4-wide shotgun formation passing the ball.
    Boggles my mind as well.
    I think someone was trying to be too smart!!
    Having said that, I was pleased with the slightly bigger play book this game.
    Just needs to be used at the right times.
    Its better to lose the first game than the last one.

funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler

"vikefan05" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    What I can't understand is why on a 3rd and 1 we're in a 4-wide shotgun formation passing the ball.
    Boggles my mind as well.
    I think someone was trying to be too smart!!
    Having said that, I was pleased with the slightly bigger play book this game.
    Just needs to be used at the right times.
    *Cough* AP in the flats more *cough*

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    I'm mad, and depressed, but after calming down a little bit yesterday I realized we didn't play a bad game.
    I'm not blaming the refs, but even though both teams were flagged a ton, the Packers did get away with a lot still.
    Jared Allen was held on almost every gol 'darnit play.
    Harris didn't called every time he interfered with the receiver, and I still think that our challenge should have been won.

On the flip side... without that crazy jump ball or Grant breaking through the line.
    They really didn't have any sustaining drives.
    The one they did have... they got a field goal.

The coaches (and us as fans) need to trust TJack.
    I think he's going to be ok.
    Granted he threw the INT to end the game, but the second half he did look good.

We're going to be a good team this year, and I still don't think the better team won.
    You know what pissed me off the most about yesterday?

Longwell didn't get me enough points....... Congrats young lady.
    ;D
    worse yet, AD got the guy i was playing 17 points, and the vikings defense and Berrian got me a combined 0

Guess how much he won by.... 3

I feel dirty to admit, i canned berrian for Jennings.....

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Braddock" wrote:
    Everyone on here knows i've been a TJ supporter for a long time. But even I have to admit that last night, he made his case for worst QB in the league. Is he athletic? Hell yeah, we's the best running QB in the league, better than VY I think, but his mechanics were atrocious for even a college QB in the first half. In the second he improved, but not enough to erase the memory of the 1st.

I really hate to see this happening, b/c i'll be one of those to look foolish if he doesn't pan out, but for all the talk about him over the offseason, he looked awful. And some of his throws were to WR's who were covered, who in no way would be able to catch the ball.

Now, his WR's didn't help by not getting separation and some of his pocket times were awfully low, but with our patched Oline, that's expected I suppose.

In all reality, the GB Packers are Brett Favre difference from NFC Championship game, and Rodgers looks more than capable to fill that void. So they are a really good team, but with the money we spent, we should have at least gotten one sack and a passing TD to Berrian. AT LEAST make him throw more than 4 incompletions....

So TJ is NOT the only reason we lost last night, but he DID look really sloppy and just immature, in the sense that he couldn't handle the stage, and he hadn't improved like we've all been told.

I will not be surprised if Gus starts soon. Not that I want that to happen, but TJ, this is your team, and if you can't carry your load, someone else has to....
    He didn't have great protection last night. I'm not using that to excuse his performance, but instead to make a point.
    TJ still hasn't learned to relax under pressure. He gets rattled and makes mistakes.
    The one mistake that bothers me more than his accuracy issue is when he throws to a receiver who isn't open.
    He has to be able to see if the receiver is going to be open on the timing routes. And throw the ball away when nobody is open.
    I think he is still pressing to make something happen on every play.
    When he had good protection in preseason he was much more calm and productive. Accuracy was better as well.
    He can get to that point in the regular season when he gains in protection and experience.
    I still have my doubts as well. But I won't can him for this game. The team around him wasn't very impressive either.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:

He didn't have great protection last night. I'm not using that to excuse his performance, but instead to make a point.
    TJ still hasn't learned to relax under pressure. He gets rattled and makes mistakes.
    The one mistake that bothers me more than his accuracy issue is when he throws to a receiver who isn't open.
    He has to be able to see if the receiver is going to be open on the timing routes. And throw the ball away when nobody is open.
    I think he is still pressing to make something happen on every play.
    When he had good protection in preseason he was much more calm and productive. Accuracy was better as well.
    He can get to that point in the regular season when he gains in protection and experience.
    I still have my doubts as well. But I won't can him for this game. The team around him wasn't very impressive either.

Amen

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456