Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Calm Down

Purple D is offline Starter

Re: Calm Down

"erik5032" wrote:
    If we didn't lose to Green Bay It would be easier to forget... The first game of the season doesn't mean anything. I will give T-Jack 2-3 more games before i start hating him. That doesn't mean i wouldn't mind bringing in a qb.
    Good idea,
    have a little patients before you go crazy with frustration.
    Maybe the vikes came into this game too confident and this needed to happen to get their heads in the right place.
    This game is over let's all make our observations and move on and worry about next week.
    Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"erik5032" wrote:
    If we didn't lose to Green Bay It would be easier to forget... The first game of the season doesn't mean anything. I will give T-Jack 2-3 more games before i start hating him. That doesn't mean i wouldn't mind bringing in a qb.
    I really don't think Jackson was that bad... sure, he had 4-5 bad passes, one even picked off... but he hasn't played in three weeks.

Not comparing the two... but Peyton Manning didn't look to good either.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

We lose the first game of the season and suddenly Childress is getting fired, T-Jack is getting cut, Jared Allen is the worst player in the NFL etc. It's kind of sad.

Json is offline GM

Ok, Ok, Ok, I am done defending T. Jax and Childress!
    0-5 against the pack means somebodys ass needs to get fired!
    Period, no ifs, no ands, no buts, just fired!
    I'm tired of watching the packers whoop the vikings year and year out and to top it off the money the vikings invested this off season and last needs to see some results on the field.
    T. Jax sucked ass last night no matter how you slice it and sure the vikings receivers blow but thats the NFL folks, you get seconds to split the defense and deliver the pass.
    He still looked like a scared little school girl 90% of the time and I'm done supporting and defending both him and Chilly.
    call me out at the end of the season if you'd like but I have had enough.

Purple D is offline Starter

"Json" wrote:
    Ok, Ok, Ok, I am done defending T. Jax and Childress!
    0-5 against the pack means somebodys jiggly butt needs to get fired!
    Period, no ifs, no ands, no buts, just fired!
    I'm tired of watching the packers whoop the vikings year and year out and to top it off the money the vikings invested this off season and last needs to see some results on the field.
    T. Jax sucked jiggly butt last night no matter how you slice it and sure the vikings receivers blow but thats the NFL folks, you get seconds to split the defense and deliver the pass.
    He still looked like a scared little school girl 90% of the time and I'm done supporting and defending both him and Chilly.
    call me out at the end of the season if you'd like but I have had enough.
    WOW
    Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    We lose the first game of the season and suddenly Childress is getting fired, T-Jack is getting cut, Jared Allen is the worst player in the NFL etc. It's kind of sad.
    Nah, I think everyone played pretty well... except Childress didn't have the team as a whole in the right places to win.

I've said that from Day 1, and Chilly proves me more right every year.

I think the title of this thread should be taken to heart.
    Maybe it was the Purple glasses I had on but I saw some real hope from our team last night.
    It was like two different games.
    The first half was a “game management” type of offense, limiting chances for mistakes, but also limiting chances for success.

The second half was more of a passion filled offense where everyone played more with heart than with logic.
    Yes chances were taken (one which killed us) but quite a bit of success accompanied those chances.

What happened at half time in the locker room I have no way of knowing, and I doubt it was a rousing “Win one for the Gipper” speech from the head coach (I just don’t see Childress as a rah rah, sis cum bah type of guy) but there was a definite attitude change for all the guys.
    People were going the extra inch in every aspect of the game.

I think, eventually, they will realize that we don’t need game managers, logically laying out every move in a pre-calculated high percentage probability kinda way.
    What we really need is a “gunslinger” type mentality, playing with passion, taking the chance no matter how small and striking decidedly without hesitation kind of like…..Favre!
    No I don’t want Favre
    as our QB, but I do want his attitude!

Yes we lost last night, but damm it, we almost won!

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Bkfldviking" wrote:
    I think the title of this thread should be taken to heart.
    Maybe it was the Purple glasses I had on but I saw some real hope from our team last night.
    It was like two different games.
    The first half was a “game management” type of offense, limiting chances for mistakes, but also limiting chances for success.

The second half was more of a passion filled offense where everyone played more with heart than with logic.
    Yes chances were taken (one which killed us) but quite a bit of success accompanied those chances.

What happened at half time in the locker room I have no way of knowing, and I doubt it was a rousing “Win one for the Gipper” speech from the head coach (I just don’t see Childress as a rah rah, sis cum bah type of guy) but there was a definite attitude change for all the guys.
    People were going the extra inch in every aspect of the game.

I think, eventually, they will realize that we don’t need game managers, logically laying out every move in a pre-calculated high percentage probability kinda way.
    What we really need is a “gunslinger” type mentality, playing with passion, taking the chance no matter how small and striking decidedly without hesitation kind of like…..Favre!
    No I don’t want Favre
    as our QB, but I do want his attitude!

Yes we lost last night, but damm it, we almost won!
    Love that part. We pass like we're scared to now.

Even true to what Culpepper would do in his winning days. You have to give your WRs a chance. They are supposed to be able to beat DBs for a jump ball. How many catches can Rice and Berrian haul in if they only get a few passes dumped off to them a game?

I was hoping we we're going to exert a little confidence in our passing game this year. Imagine seeing TJ go off on one of his pre-season drives in the regular season. It would be an epiphany.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

"C" wrote:
    It's all good, but I will be the loudest one on the boards the day Chilly is fired.

and it's coming soon...

The sad thing is Mike Tomlin is already long gone...
    Leslie Fraiser, second best option.

As for the game, I don't understand why AD wasn't in the game more when we needed big plays.
    Does anyone recall his first regular season?
    A screen for a TD...
    We threw 2 screens last night I believe...
    1 was a mid-screen to AD that was poorly executed and the second was late in the game thrown to Chester...
    Why was AD not in the game there?

Also, this is the play that is sticking out in my mind the whole ride home last night.
    It was 3rd and 1 in the 4th and we have the best RB in the league and one of the statistically worst QB's in the league.
    We decide to go to the shotgun instead of running the football?
    I understand they "probably knew the run was coming and we were going to try and catch them off-guard" but that was stupid...

"gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    It's all good, but I will be the loudest one on the boards the day Chilly is fired.

and it's coming soon...

The sad thing is Mike Tomlin is already long gone...
    Leslie Fraiser, second best option.

As for the game, I don't understand why AD wasn't in the game more when we needed big plays.
    Does anyone recall his first regular season?
    A screen for a TD...
    We threw 2 screens last night I believe...
    1 was a mid-screen to AD that was poorly executed and the second was late in the game thrown to Chester...
    Why was AD not in the game there?

Also, this is the play that is sticking out in my mind the whole ride home last night.
    It was 3rd and 1 in the 4th and we have the best RB in the league and one of the statistically worst QB's in the league.
    We decide to go to the shotgun instead of running the football?
    I understand they "probably knew the run was coming and we were going to try and catch them off-guard" but that was stupid...
    Bill Cowher?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast