Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    skolguy is offline Waterboy

Re: Is California going to try to aquire the Vikings?!

"VikingMike" wrote:
    I find it ironic that California is nearly bankrupt, handing out IOU's to its employees, yet they are looking for a team for a new stadium...and the Vikings have a fan base in a market they've been in for almost 50 years and can't get a stadium deal done. Amazing.
    LA could not support a team in the past and that stadium was not built with public funds. It won't happen. That would be political suicide for that to happen. They will get things done before it is too late! LA has had 2 teams already and could not make it work so it is not like it is a proven market.

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

I lived in Southern Cal for eight years (88-96), and went to about ten raider games, I don't remember any big excitement about the team then, and this was with Bo Jackson for awhile, There was just too much to do there, The beach, mountains, Mexico for drunkin partying, or what most locals did-get the hell out of town on the weekends, Sorry fans of LA but the combination of traffic, cost of living, crime, smog, and basic lack of passion for pro sports there was apparent, The Chargers can't sell out home games, The Rams, and Raiders both left, For the large amount of people there you'd think they'd sell out more than just USC football and Laker games, The state's broke, rolling blackouts, I can't see how they can even consider building a stadium (The prehistoric Rose bowl can't be an option), Public funds would have to be it, Sorry for the negativity but after living in LA I can't think of anything positive that I miss, the Midwest is a hundred times better in all areas.

Who is this green Hornet??? Some cheese curd fan? maybe one day when the home computer makes it way to Green Bay he can enlighten us to the real meaning of the big flaming G on their helmets (skolguy Oct 16th 10:21 summed it up already)
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

"green" wrote:
    I still think vegas would be a better place. Instead of the viqueens, you'd have the drag queens so not that big of a name switch.
    I think Green Gay should move to Blue Balls, Pa.
    Then instead of being called cheese dicks you could be called cheese balls!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

TeamSoftware is offline Rookie

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    "green" wrote:
    I still think vegas would be a better place. Instead of the viqueens, you'd have the drag queens so not that big of a name switch.
    I think Green g*y should move to Blue Balls, Pa.
    Then instead of being called cheese whoopdeedoos you could be called cheese balls!!
    How about move the Packers to Herhsey PA. Then they could be the Fudge... well you get the point.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"TeamSoftware" wrote:

How about move the Packers to Herhsey PA. Then they could be the Fudge... well you get the point.
    That right thar is damn funnnnnny....... You, I like.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Gov Arnold signed the bill to go ahead with the stadium.
    This is according to ESPN.

Build it they will come, apparently.

[size=13pt]Los Angeles, Are You Ready For Some NFL Football?[/size]

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...-64701932.html

Look at the poll beside the photo on this link.

Schwarzenegger hopes developer Majestic Realty Co., the driving company behind the project, doesn't poach any California teams to play in the proposed venue. They have indicated their plan to approach seven teams in hopes of luring one to LA. The list includes the three California teams: San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders and the San Francisco 49ers.

If a stadium deal is not done in MN, or at least on the ballot by next year the Vikes are gone.
    I hate it as much as anyone but there is a reason the renderings of this SCal Stadium has purple seats.
    I believe that it is either Jacksonville or MN that will relocate.

I know it is economically a terrible time to look to build another stadium but the civic leaders in MN really missed it when they built the gophers and twins stadiums but leaving the Vikes in the lurch.

"slavinator" wrote:
    If a stadium deal is not done in MN, or at least on the ballot by next year the Vikes are gone.
    I hate it as much as anyone but there is a reason the renderings of this SCal Stadium has purple seats.

I know it is economically a terrible time to look to build another stadium but the civic leaders in MN really missed it when they built the gophers and twins stadiums but leaving the Vikes in the lurch.
    The company was the ones that built the Jacksonville stadium.
    It wouldn't serve them well to take the team they put in there and move it, at least with the people of Jacksonville.
    Maybe with the NFL headquarters it would go a long way to get more fans to follow the team.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "slavinator" wrote:

The company was the ones that built the Jacksonville stadium.
    It wouldn't serve them well to take the team they put in there and move it, at least with the people of Jacksonville.
    Maybe with the NFL headquarters it would go a long way to get more fans to follow the team.
    Jackson

While the Vikings may be last (32) in revenue @ 195M, Jacksonville comes in at 27 @ 204M.
    Not a huge gap, however the Vikings operating income is 18.9M compared to Jacksonville's 27.6.
    Interestingly enough, the 49ers only have a 4.1 operating income while Detroit comes in at -3.1

Here is a snippet from some of the worst teams in teh league (from 2007 season so outdated).

Rank
    Team Current Value ($mil) 1-Yr Value Change (%) Debt/Value (%) Revenue

Income ($mil)

26 San Diego Chargers 888 7 11 207 19.0
    23 St Louis Rams

929 2 6 206 26.4
    31 Oakland Raiders 861 6 6 205 27.0
    24 Detroit Lions

917 5 38 204 -3.1
    28 Jacksonville Jaguars 876 8 13 204 27.6
    25 Arizona Cardinals 914 3 16 203 19.7
    29 Atlanta Falcons

872 10 31 203 30.9
    30 San Francisco 49ers 865 8 12 201 4.1
    32 Minnesota Vikings 839 7 38 195 18.9
    http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/30/sportsmoney_nfl08_NFL-Team-Valuations_Revenue_2.html]
    http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/30/...Revenue_2.html

I looked this up thinking Jacksonville would be the obvious choice for relocation, yet even with their poor attendance record they are in much better financial shape than the Vikings.

The Vikings are the least valuable team with the lowest revenue.
    :'(

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast