Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Big C is offline Coordinator

Re: Caine's Post Game Thoughts and Rant

I was so angry but now I am calm. The only thing that made me feel better was seeing the Cardinals and Browns lose because of mistakes in the last 2 minutes of the game.

I tell myself that it's a sport. You win some and you lose some. This week we lost a game we should have won, but last week we won a game we should have lost. I hope we learn from this.

The call on 4th and 2 was just ridiculous. Especially with the game on the line and overtime a field goal away. Reminds me of that stupid call a few years ago when Moss threw into the endzone for an interception against Seattle. I don't why we're not running any plays to the TE either. Our best reciever (Wiggins) is not getting the ball.

Oh well, bring on the Bills!
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

I'm still upset about the loss but it will pass and we just have to move on and get ready for the next game. I am worried that there just may not be an answer to our inability to get TDs in the redzone I can't see a solution for it.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

gpless05 is offline Starter

i think there is a way to get TD's once we are in the redzone, look for the TE Jermaine Wiggins! this man had the most yards by any of our WR's last year, and he still has got it in him....we dished the ball to him i think one time today which is totally rediculous!
    [img]http//i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/SkolPepper11/thefraycopy.jpg[/img]

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Deronn" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I was as pissed off as you can get at todays game.. When we have a 16-12 advantage and we are driving down field against the Chicago Bears at home, we have to get the win..

BJ fumbles the ball, and Chicago scores their only TD of the game.. I will say that our defense played good, but they let them score when they should have been tightening up.. I am very pissed off at the outcome of the game..

We should have won this game, and now it could be a whole different season for the Vikings.. If we win this game, we win our first game against a division team.. Now the Bears have 3 wins and all are in our division..

It will be extremely hard for us to win the division now.. The Bears will have to fall flat on their faces to not take the division.. We have a much harder schedule then they do.. The Vikes beat themselves, and if their season changes because of it, they only have themselves to blame for it.. I don't think BJ will be labeled as being smart with the football from now on.. That fumble was a backbreaker for them..

Rant off...............
    I don't think this does anything to the division race - but
    we must beat them in Dec. We play the same schedule they do - and we should be able to put away Green Bay and Detroit just like they did. The only difference in our schedules are that we played Washington and Carolina (both wins for us) and they play the Giants (at home) and Tampa Bay.

Today proved they are not a better team than us (they won, but it was an very evenly matched game.) We've already been tested and came out with 2 wins, and I think we will keep pace with them the rest of the year. The teams they beat, we should be able to beat. They will NEED to beat both the Giants and us to end up with a better record. They will by no means run away with the division. It will be a battle all season long.

Yeah I hear ya man... I wrote that immediately after the game and I was on a rant..lol.. I was just pissed off that they beat themselves like that.. Rant off, bring on Buffalo..

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

As for our offense I think we really need to get Wiggins involved more.
    It seems he gets 2 balls thrown his way per game.
    That is just not enough for a TE of his calibur.

bono is offline Hall of Famer

Well, I didn't see the game (just saw the linescore on the bottom of the tv while viewing the packers' game), but from what I was able to spot, it looked like that game could've went either way. The Vikings could have just as easily won that game. I don't think this game said too much GOOD about the Bears, and I don't think this game said anything BAD about the Vikings. Check it out: The Bears came in to this game as favorites (not big favorites, but favorites no less), heck, even I thought the bears would put the peddle to the metal in this one, but...but...but they overall (if you ask me...with all the hype surrounding them) SUCKED! I know the Vikings' defense has improved, but come on, I thought for sure the Bears' offense --THIS NEW AND IMPROVED BEARS' OFFENSE -- would display some form of "we're not a fluke" against them. NOTHING! On the Vikings side, I'm actually a little jealous of them. I couldn't believe they actually held the Bears' to a FG in the first half, above other things. WOW! I have to say 'good job'! Vikings' fans, look at this game as a semi-victory, instead of a flat out loss. If you were able to CONTROL the possible NFC Superbowl representatives for 99.9 1/2-percent of the game, there's no telling what'cha (or my packers, now that they've "found their smile" again) gonna do next time you meet!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

Del Rio Guest

Good game against a good team. Get over it, move on.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

we played a great game D wise..

Longwell is still making us points

special teams aren't special but ok

but our O.. is a mystery.. we make plays, the O line is there but seem
    to someohw mis by 2 steps.
    C.t proves over and over he can be the all down back,
    but that doesn't mean he has to try 3rd and short. b.j needs to become close friends with wiggens, and once d's soften cause of inside work with wiggens and t.t , THEN go for twill alone, stick with what was working!!!

we shoulda won that game, and it proves that the team is on the rise, the NFC is gonna sport 2 solid D's from the black and blue.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    ...........It will be extremely hard for us to win the division now.. The Bears will have to fall flat on their faces to not take the division.. We have a much harder schedule then they do.. The Vikes beat themselves, and if their season changes because of it, they only have themselves to blame for it.. I don't think BJ will be labeled as being smart with the football from now on.. That fumble was a backbreaker for them..

Rant off...............
    IMO it was not the fumble that cost us the game. It is the fact that we keep settling for 3 points instead of 7 when we are down in the Redzone. Longwell has scored 31 straight points (1 for a TD) since our offense put a ball in the endzone, which was 10 quarters ago.

So who do you blame? The offense? Brad Johnson? The play calling? Or do you just give credit to the opposing teams defense. The offense is still putting us into a position to kick field goals instead of punting the ball & the play calls, again IMO have been questionable.

Someone on K-Fan after the game mentioned that if Culpepper went 9 quarters without taking the team into the endzone the fans would be calling for his head. & yet there is nowhere's near that amount of blame being put on Johnson.

One thing I question is the intentional grounding Brad does when he's about to be sacked. Why take the loss of yards & the loss of down instead of just the yards?

What I find the most questionable is the types of plays being called as Caine mentioned. Not while in the Redzone, but on any given series. I wasn't sold on the fact that Bevell, GB QB's coach, would make a good offensive coordinator & I'm still not, but everything is still going thru Childress before hiiting the field.

Is Childress calling in the plays that Bevell is suggesting or is he himself changing them?

That I do not know?

The other thing I scratch my head on is the amount of room both Winfield & Smoot were giving the receivers, especially on 3rd & long & in the Redzone. Yes they kept them from yards after the catch, but it also allowed the Bears to get a fresh set of downs.

The killer was how wide open the receiver was on the Bears winning TD.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Del Rio Guest

I think it is absolutely insane to say we lost the division after week three. We play the Bears again, we share common opponents. The Bears will lose some games, it is not the end of the world, and certainly not the end of the division race, that is damn near laughable.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast