Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Deronn is offline Starter

Re: Caine's Post Game Thoughts and Rant

OMG, I'm agreeing with the BEARS FAN?????

LOL

derek is offline Waterboy

Don't pin that on BJ....

to the guy who said...

"I was as pissed off as you can get at todays game.. When we have a 16-12 advantage and we are driving down field against the Chicago Bears at home, we have to get the win..

BJ fumbles the ball, and Chicago scores their only TD of the game.. I will say that our defense played good, but they let them score when they should have been tightening up.. I am very pissed off at the outcome of the game..

We should have won this game, and now it could be a whole different season for the Vikings.. If we win this game, we win our first game against a division team.. Now the Bears have 3 wins and all are in our division..

It will be extremely hard for us to win the division now.. The Bears will have to fall flat on their faces to not take the division.. We have a much harder schedule then they do.. The Vikes beat themselves, and if their season changes because of it, they only have themselves to blame for it.. I don't think BJ will be labeled as being smart with the football from now on.. That fumble was a backbreaker for them..Rant off..............."

well...I don't think you can pin that completely on B.J man...it was somebody on the O line who let a Bear get through and have wide open shot at the QB/RB (i'll have to go back and look to see who it was)...but to me it looked like that the helmet of the defender who got through and had the clear shot knocked the ball out just as the handoff took place...so in MY mind that was more of an O-line mistake, which led to an almost unavoidable turnover. But I really don't wanna start pointing fingers...but to try to pin it on BJ alone i don't think is accurate. But It was an offensive Offensive mistake at a crucial time when we all but had the game won..

Yes...we lost.
    And yeah it hurt no doubt.

But as losses go this is one that i think went a long way into proving that we are FOR REAL...the 1st two wins weren't 'flukes'...we were in there this time with the Bears punching it out nose to nose untill the end against arguably one of the toughest Ds out there...and our boys MORE than held their own...we all but had the game WON with about 2minutes to go...

but all it takes is one mistake...

and the game is 60 minutes not 58...

so yeah it sucks we lost, but it also in a weird way also proves that we are NO JOKE...and we are not to be dealt with lightly...we KNOW this now, everyone knows this now (believe me, after this brawl the Bears KNOW that they came this close to going home with an L...this one coulda gone either way and they know it)...

so I'm bummed we lost, but i'm still proud of the way the boys played dangit...

and I'm licking my chops for a friggin RE MATCH in Chicago!!!

arrrrggh

tampaviking is offline Rookie

the offense is missing a true #1 reciever, krob hurt this team more than anything else. but you gotta move on right

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

we dont need a true number one receiver, as much as we need to realize that our receivers are not jump ball receivers, but route running 10-20yrd pass receivers

and we need to encorporate quick mid-size routes, not long fades and go routes, etc.
    i m better than you, so just give up...

Prophet Guest

There is no doubt that the offense has to step up, doesn't take much insight to notice that.
    I was hoping for a win in the first three games of the season and the Vikings have two.
    They are still in good shape.....as long as they continue to show improvement.
    That is happening on the defensive side of the ball but is not happening on the offensive side of the ball.
    I don't think next week will be much easier, Buffalo's D has been doing its job this year too.
    I'm also waiting for the Vikings O to step up, but I'm not ready to do the Bollinger or Tarvaris chants after a hard-fought loss.
    There is no way the Vikings coaching staff does not notice the lack of a Vikings' O, my six-year-old son noticed it.
    They will come around and the sky is not falling yet.
    The new coaching staff, O & D is in its infancy and is ahead of schedule.
    They will be fine.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"tampaviking" wrote:
    the offense is missing a true #1 reciever, krob hurt this team more than anything else. but you gotta move on right

IMO, I don't think that Krob was a number one.

We are still not very threatening on O.

I think it is play calling and our O line.

I think that CT is a good RB, but needs a little more help.
    It is a combo of things.
    Hopefully the coaches see this offense as a work in progress.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"sweetness34" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I was as pissed off as you can get at todays game.. When we have a 16-12 advantage and we are driving down field against the Chicago Bears at home, we have to get the win..

BJ fumbles the ball, and Chicago scores their only TD of the game.. I will say that our defense played good, but they let them score when they should have been tightening up.. I am very pissed off at the outcome of the game..

We should have won this game, and now it could be a whole different season for the Vikings.. If we win this game, we win our first game against a division team.. Now the Bears have 3 wins and all are in our division..

It will be extremely hard for us to win the division now.. The Bears will have to fall flat on their faces to not take the division.. We have a much harder schedule then they do.. The Vikes beat themselves, and if their season changes because of it, they only have themselves to blame for it.. I don't think BJ will be labeled as being smart with the football from now on.. That fumble was a backbreaker for them..

Rant off...............
    The only difference in our schedules are these:

vikes - skins and panthers
    bears - giants and bucs

giants are better than the skins and the panthers are better than the bucs. So i'd have to say the vikes have that same easy schedule
    Let's put this controversy to bed, once and for all...

The Bears have the easiest schedule in the NFL...period.
    No one else's schedule was rated as easy as Chicago's, and this was NOT determined by Viking fans, it was determined by the sportswriters of every publication I have read in the off-season/pre-season since the schedule was released.

That isn't to say that our's is hard - our schedule has been rated as tied for the fourth easiest - but it is saying that ours is slightly tougher than yours.

The combined record, thus far, of OUR opponents is 5-4.
    Of yours, 3-6.
    Our opponents unique to each others schedules have, for us, a combined 2-4 record, for you it's 1-5.

So, cry all you want about ours not being "that much" tougher than yours...you're right, it isn't.
    But it doesn't change the fact that yours is the EASIEST in the NFL.
    Instead of whining about it, embrace it.
    It just means it'll be that much easier for your team to dominate in the regular season.

For Prophet:

I don't blame Johnson either.
    I blame poor play calling and mediocre O-Line performance to date.
    I think that our "O" looks now like our "D" used to.
    We DON'T have a world-beater QB.
    We DON'T have an All-Pro WR.
    We DON'T frighten any of the secondaries in the NFL.
    And our running game DOESN'T set the league on fire.

We have a "solid" QB, a "decent" WR Corps, and a "potentially good" RB.
    Toss in our "Fantastic on paper but not getting it done on the field" O-Line and our "Unispired" play-calling, and you can see why we are struggling to score.
    We need someone to step up and get the Offense rolling.
    I don't know if Brad is a guy who does that - I've never seen him in that role before - so it will likely have to come from another source *cough* Williamson *cough*.

Seriously, we need Troy to become Chad Johnson.
    A guy who let's it all out.
    A guy who fire's up and motivates his offense.
    We NEED that fire.

...then we need Brad to start calling plays that are a wee bit smarter.

Caine

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

im just still at a loss for words about this playcalling
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Prophet Guest

In this game, the questionable offensive play calling appears to be the theme by most.
    I was also wondering, like Olsen10 has been mentioning, what happened to the TE, quick passes over the middle stuff?
    Were they so afraid of Urlacher that they completely tore those pages out of the playbook?
    Childress appears to be a student of the game to me, they will adjust and get better.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I agree that the play calling stunk!
    We passed when we should have run on the 4th and 2. We run when we should have passed on the 3rd and 8 late in the game when we were in Bear's territory after Memo's great first down. Those two plays were beyond my comprehension.
    Grossman is esaily rattled when he get's pressure. I got to hand it to the Bear's O line. They did a better job of keeping the pressure off him in the second half.
    Our defense against the run was GREAT again. Pass defense was fair. Smoot still hasn't got anyting together except his mouth.
    BE did a fairly good job but he threw two passes today that either went way over the receiver's head or fell 5 yards short. What's with that. Doesn't look like himself.
    We are a dink and dunk team. That's what we should have been doing that final drive.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast