Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Frostbite is offline Coach

Re: C. Taylor Injured

If they can "Find Memo"............Groan.....I know, but it was there!!

In any case maybe so....Never considered that possibility.....Thanks uffdavikes!

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    This is not a good thing. We can't run it 40 times per game with AD and Moore. This only puts more pressure on our QB, which is never a good thing.
    You make a good point V.....but I remember the Dolphins running Czonka on nearly every down and basically told other teams " Put your 11 in the Box and see if you can stop him"
    They went on to trounce us and win the S.B.

A.P. can really make a statement this week....and so can the O-line. If Kelly Holcomb and the WRs can just execute at the right time on a few plays the running should be able to do the rest. I'm looking for a win against the Eagles. I think we have a great chance Sunday.
    AD has had his best games when sharing the rock with Taylor.
    It is possible that me may have his best game sharing with MeMo
    I highly doubt it.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Frostbite" wrote:
    No link....I was just remembering what it feels like to have the index finger broken.(Was a Catcher once) It will be hard to T.Jack to even think about playing....let alone throwing. That's why I mentioned Holcomb.

You make a good point V about "Sharing the Rock" but you know sometimes it's harder to have to go and then stop and then go again. What I mean by that is this. Once you get going in a continuous game you warm up and begin to get into a groove...the flow of the contest if you will. In some cases players actually respond better by staying in, participating as much as possible. I know Walter Peyton was like that...he hated being taken out and having to in his words "Cool Down" and then have to get back in later.

Hope I am making my point in way that is easy to understand. In any case....A.P. is young and strong....no harm in seeing what he can do??

Cheers!
    I have been saying this for a while. IMHO it is more probable that you will be injured by a rotating set than by being a primary runner. The reason for this is that you need to keep your muscles warm and stretched in order to perform at a high level. But going to the sidelines and either standing or sitting there will cause your muscles to tighten up and cool down. There is already a tendency for this to happen built into the game with the change of possessions, but then when you also rotate the backs, it increases the amount of time your hamstring,groin and quads have to cool down. Then, when you get the opportunity to go out there and try to get that burst of speed, if your muscles have tightened up enough, they can cramp, tear or pull.

IMHO we can go with AP as a primary back and give him say 18 carries a game and maybe catch 4-6 passes a game. That is not an overload by any means. It would relate to 288 carries a season and if he averages 5 ypc it would give him 1440 per year. Add that to 50 receiving yards per game and that would be 800 more which is fairly modest IMO when you consider his potential.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    No link....I was just remembering what it feels like to have the index finger broken.(Was a Catcher once) It will be hard to T.Jack to even think about playing....let alone throwing. That's why I mentioned Holcomb.

You make a good point V about "Sharing the Rock" but you know sometimes it's harder to have to go and then stop and then go again. What I mean by that is this. Once you get going in a continuous game you warm up and begin to get into a groove...the flow of the contest if you will. In some cases players actually respond better by staying in, participating as much as possible. I know Walter Peyton was like that...he hated being taken out and having to in his words "Cool Down" and then have to get back in later.

Hope I am making my point in way that is easy to understand. In any case....A.P. is young and strong....no harm in seeing what he can do??

Cheers!
    I have been saying this for a while. IMHO it is more probable that you will be injured by a rotating set than by being a primary runner. The reason for this is that you need to keep your muscles warm and stretched in order to perform at a high level. But going to the sidelines and either standing or sitting there will cause your muscles to tighten up and cool down. There is already a tendency for this to happen built into the game with the change of possessions, but then when you also rotate the backs, it increases the amount of time your hamstring,groin and quads have to cool down. Then, when you get the opportunity to go out there and try to get that burst of speed, if your muscles have tightened up enough, they can cramp, tear or pull.

IMHO we can go with AP as a primary back and give him say 18 carries a game and maybe catch 4-6 passes a game. That is not an overload by any means. It would relate to 288 carries a season and if he averages 5 ypc it would give him 1440 per year. Add that to 50 receiving yards per game and that would be 800 more which is fairly modest IMO when you consider his potential.

I think this is right on UffDaVikes.....Couldn't agree more.

Cheers!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

I am not questioning AD's skill in any way. He is more than capable of 25 touches and being effective with them. However, we need to realize that Taylor is our second best skill player. Losing him hurts, no matter which way you slice it. I would hope for 25 touches to AD and 15 to Taylor, taking the pressure off the QB.

Instead, in an effort to not overuse AD (overuse meaning 35 touches, not 20) we are going to see MeMo in there, who just is not as effective as Taylor, or we may see some attempts to throw quick passes to our WR, which is also not as effective as having Taylor in there.

Saying that Taylor missing time is a good thing just makes no sense to me. AD will be fine. The rest of the offense will suffer.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Hmmm V (Sorry) I don't remember saying "Missing Taylor is a Good Thing" just not any reason to hang our heads and worry about A.P. I for one would not like to see C.Tay out for to long from any injury. It will be interesting to see how A.P. responds knowing he's going to be the primary back for the whole game.

Cheers!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Why do we keep losing good players? Why dosen't Cook, Dugan, or Ciurciu get injured?

Chester Taylor is a big loss but I think AD can handle the load. Hopefully AD will tear it up with his speed on the turf. Taylor is a nice change of pace and provides rest for AD. It will be interesting to see how many reps memo gets.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"V" wrote:
    This is not a good thing. We can't run it 40 times per game with AD and Moore. This only puts more pressure on our QB, which is never a good thing.
    What the hell are you talking about? Exactly why can't we? There is absolutely no reason why we can't.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

lets run it 60 times! no passing axe the qb put in another blocker

Thanks josdin00

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"tb04512" wrote:
    lets run it 60 times! no passing axe the qb put in another blocker
    I agree, the OL needs all the help it can get.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast