Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: C. J . wants out of Cincy?

[size=14pt]Will Bengals trade Chad?[/size]
    http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071022/SPT02/310220073/1062/SPT

Marvin Lewis didn’t actually deny the rumor today that the Bengals might consider trading wide receiver Chad Johnson in the offseason.

Johnson, chased down this afternoon by a half dozen reporters in the players’ parking lot adjacent to Paul Brown Stadium, didn’t snuff out trade talk.

“There is always truth in something,” Johnson said when asked about an ESPN report that the Bengals are thinking of trading him in the offseason.

On the network’s pre-game show Sunday, NFL reporter Chris Mortensen said that a “prominent member of the Bengals organization recently told me recently that the organization does have a decision to make on Chad Johnson, that he is so passionate and proud that if they decided to discipline him for some of those antics they believe he might shut it down.

“So how he finishes the rest of the year and the Bengals finish could bring them to a crossroads discussion on whether to even trade Chad Johnson in the offseason.”

At his news conference, less than 24 hours after the Bengals defeated the Jets 38-31 to improve to 2-4, Lewis didn’t directly answer the question: Is there any truth to reports you might be looking to trade Chad Johnson?

“Did that come from anyone here?” said Lewis, who is the Bengals’ “one voice,” per team policy, to the media.

Told by a reporter that ESPN cited an official inside the Bengals organization, Lewis said, “Is there a source inside this organization? Not the last time I checked. I don’t think there (are) any sources inside this organization.”

Did ESPN talk to you?

“No.”

After the humiliating loss to New England on Monday night, Oct. 1, Lewis pointed out that some of his players needed to be less selfish and more mature and team-oriented. Those comments were connected immediately to Johnson, based on the receiver’s on-field behavior during the New England loss.
    Do we really want a guy with his ego on the Vikes? A guy who picked a fight with his own teammates and the coach in the lockeroom at halftime of their playoff game with the Steelers last year.
    I vote NO!

Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071022/SPT02/310220073/1062/SPT

Marvin Lewis didn’t actually deny the rumor today that the Bengals might consider trading wide receiver Chad Johnson in the offseason.

Johnson, chased down this afternoon by a half dozen reporters in the players’ parking lot adjacent to Paul Brown Stadium, didn’t snuff out trade talk.

“There is always truth in something,” Johnson said when asked about an ESPN report that the Bengals are thinking of trading him in the offseason.

On the network’s pre-game show Sunday, NFL reporter Chris Mortensen said that a “prominent member of the Bengals organization recently told me recently that the organization does have a decision to make on Chad Johnson, that he is so passionate and proud that if they decided to discipline him for some of those antics they believe he might shut it down.

“So how he finishes the rest of the year and the Bengals finish could bring them to a crossroads discussion on whether to even trade Chad Johnson in the offseason.”

At his news conference, less than 24 hours after the Bengals defeated the Jets 38-31 to improve to 2-4, Lewis didn’t directly answer the question: Is there any truth to reports you might be looking to trade Chad Johnson?

“Did that come from anyone here?” said Lewis, who is the Bengals’ “one voice,” per team policy, to the media.

Told by a reporter that ESPN cited an official inside the Bengals organization, Lewis said, “Is there a source inside this organization? Not the last time I checked. I don’t think there (are) any sources inside this organization.”

Did ESPN talk to you?

“No.”

After the humiliating loss to New England on Monday night, Oct. 1, Lewis pointed out that some of his players needed to be less selfish and more mature and team-oriented. Those comments were connected immediately to Johnson, based on the receiver’s on-field behavior during the New England loss.
    Do we really want a guy with his ego on the Vikes? A guy who picked a fight with his own teammates and the coach in the lockeroom at halftime of their playoff game with the Steelers last year.
    I vote NO!

Where did you hear that he started a fight during halftime?? I have never heard that.

I actually like the way this guy plays the game. All he does is entertain he doesnt cheap shot and he doesnt talk trash about his QB and coaches like TO does.

He plays hard and is a really good player probably one of the top 3 recievers in the game. I would be all over getting him.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

You forget I live right by Cincinnati. That was major news last year. He took a swipe at the coach and another player because he claimed they weren't getting him the ball enough.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

Did ESPN talk to you?

“No.”

I vote NO!

Where did you hear that he started a fight during halftime?? I have never heard that.

I actually like the way this guy plays the game. All he does is entertain he doesnt cheap shot and he doesnt talk trash about his QB and coaches like TO does.

He plays hard and is a really good player probably one of the top 3 recievers in the game. I would be all over getting him.
    Old news:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_412642.html

http://blogs.bengalszone.com/?p=553

VikingsMB is offline Pro-Bowler

All these guys find the right coach, right organization and become great(er) players.
    T.O in Dallas, Moss in NE.
    Could CJ be the next one?
    Nah.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    You forget I live right by Cincinnati. That was major news last year. He took a swipe at the coach and another player because he claimed they weren't getting him the ball enough.
    I didnt know that......

I still like the way he plays. He is not like Randy Moss when he knows he is not getting the ball he doesnt even run his route. Chad plays hard all the time.

If I was Chad I would be mad that i wasnt getting the ball enough to when they are not winning.

Marvin Lewis is not a good coach....just thought I would throw that in there

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Please don't tell me that you wouldn't take Chad Johnson on this pathetic Vikings team right now. How much pressure would that take off of our stellar running game to have a PROVEN, PREMIERE WR running routes? Imagine picking up a decent QB and a player like Chad Johnson. We would immediately become legit contenders in the NFC.. Give me the cancer of Chad as long as we start winning games.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Chad is a competitor and is highly respected around the NFL.

Sure, he had some bumps along the way...but hell yes we would take him.

Who are we kidding?
    They are not going to let him go.
    They are just playing bad and we know how the media and crap is when we are bad.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Who are we kidding?
    They are just playing bad and we know how the media and crap is when we are bad.
    it is schefter tho... i think im too optimistic

Thanks josdin00

"tb04512" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Who are we kidding?
    it is schefter tho... i think im too optimistic
    There is probably a 10% chance we get Ocho.

Do you really think Chillie is going to want to bring in Chad....no, he is just going to ruin the franchise with all these missed opprotunities

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast