Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Is C Dan Mozes the guy?

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    I don't see how anyone could think Cook is headed back for center. He was drafted in the second round because he has all the tools and ability to be a Tackle, this is why he was drafted in the second round. Centers are rarely taken in early rounds and when we saw Minnesota drafted some guy named Ryan Cook Center, we didn't understand it. Tackles are taken far more often and much earlier, sometimes in the top five and ten. We expect several to go in the first round this year. Our coaching staff felt that with his size, speed, strength, ability to hit a moving target, and his work ethic he was drafted to paly tackle. Just because he was a Center doesn't mean is one, New Mexico put him there because he was the rock of the line, plus he could pull and hit moving targets. Thats all great but we'll use him at tackle where he's talented enough to play. Cook is not a stranger to tackle he played it all through highschool.

I've totaly thrown the idea of him moving back to center out, especailly with the addition of Mozes who I think is destinted to take over. Cook will most likely never play center again unless both our centers are out with injury. Even then Herrera might be the guy playing center. The guys on TV that say Cook could move back to center after Birk leaves are uneducated.
    You are wise beyond your years my friend.

(Marrdro moves TW up 2 columns on the ole spreadsheet).

;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Is C Dan Mozes the guy?

"singersp" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=43554.msg767328#msg767328 date=1208998607]
    You can rave about Mozes all you want & about how good he was in college, but it doesn't mean pooh until we've seen him play at the NFL level.

They're banking a lot on this kid if Birk goes down.

Hell, he hasn't so much as even stepped on the field in a pre-season game has he?

There can't be that many good centers in a draft without someone picking them up, if even for their practice squad, yet this guy went unsigned.

I don't know how any one can judge how good or bad he is without seeing him snap the ball in the NFL.

I know I can't.

Take a chill pill, Matt Birk the sacred cow still has one season left.

This thread was created to bring some light into the possibilty of Mozes becoming Birk's replacement. More so to bring Mozes into the light as many fans are wondering what we will do when we let Birk go. Personally I'm exited about the possibilty of Mozes being the guy, we already know he was beast in college and we know that our coaching staff likes him. I'm quite sure he was contacted by us immediatley after the draft completed. But you are right he is yet to play because of injury but that didn't stop Chad Greenway from coming back and having a great 1st season. Mozes will get one more full year to develop the strength he will need to play at this level. Might I add Mozes fits what we do offensivly.
    ??? Take a chill pill? For what? Because I brought up facts that make him to be an unknown at this point. Being a beast in college does not mean he'll be a beast in the pros. How many times does that have to be proven to you over & over & over again.

How many "beasts in college" have you seen drafted & turned out to be busts? How many unsigned draftees have you seen make it big in the pros vs. merely being cut after training camp.

I'd like Mozes to turn out to be the Vikings next center as much as the next guy, but I'm not ready to say, "Yep, he's definitely our guy", just because he was signed by the Vikings as a walk on.

I'd like a player to show me something to believe in & I will give him the chance to prove himself, but I'm not ready to hang my hat on someone who hasn't shown me anything.

I totally expect to see the Vikings bring in more center(s) either during the draft or after to give Mozes competition.
    Ahhhhh the life of a backup.
    Left to a role of sitting on the bench, known by none until the "Best" player on the team goes down and its time to show why the coaching staff had you sitting on the bench.

Ahhhhh the life of the "Best" player on the team. You have been so good for so long and then the backup came in and showed why he was sitting on the bench.
    Fare well my friend.

:'(

Seriously though.
    All players have to start sometime.
    My guess is that Mozes is on the roster for a reason and it isn't cause he hasn't shown the coaching staff something.

My guess is he has shown enough to at least compete with any other C that comes into training camp this year (and that means Birk).
    I agree, I think Mozes, Daniels and Chase Johnson were all on the roster for a reason last year, and that they all have the potential to be future starters on our line.
    Of course they were. We had to have a back up for McKinnie & Birk. They happened to just be the better of what we had in training camp. I.E Mozes showed more promise than Katnik. I don't even recall if another LT was in camp last year other than Johnson, but if I recall, Daniels is multi-positional.

Again, I'm not saying they are good or bad. It's unknown at this point to us fans, so there's nothing there to back up claims that they are the future replacements.

There's also a reason Hicks got the nod to move over to LT last year when McKinnie was out last year instead of calling on Chase Johnson.

I'm still betting they bring in another LT at some point in the draft & a center as well either during or after.

I totally
    [/quote]
    I agree with you on that.
    Additionally, I look to see them bring in several OL (T,C,G) undrafted guys to give them a look as well.
    Might find a gem that will add depth or even replace our current backups even though you guys know my stance on that.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567