Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bye Week Review

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Bye Week Review

"Del" wrote:
    "VikemanX84" wrote:
    haha. The weather does deserve an F, I concurr.
    yesterday in about a span of 15 minutes I was extremely cold, then I was blinded by snow and then the sun came out and I didn't need my jacket.
    Is a little consistency too much to ask?

I don't see how anyone can give the offense anything but an F so far and the responsibility for that lies on 3 key people (many others, of course, but 3 main guys) The Quarterback, offensive coordinator/play caller, and the Head Coach.
    The Quarterback has played pretty darn bad, Childress calls the plays and they have been bad (particularly in the Redzone, and running to right so many times in the first 4 games) and things look super uncoordinated, and I think the responsibility for that might fall on the coordinator's shoulders.
    Thats reality.
    It hurts as a Vikings fan to say our offense is one of the worst in the league, I know.
    If the entire offense is struggling enough to get an F (I don't agree) then how do you narrow it down to those three people? I mean you have 11 guys on the field and multiple coaches responsible for many things. So we move the ball down the field with precision passing and strong running the first drive of every game get in the redzone and an offensive lineman gets a holding call and turns a 2nd and 5 into a 2nd and 15....and somehow in the grand scheme of things that is attributed to 3 guys?

That's not reality.

I think reality is more like what Brad Childress has said over and over as frustrated fans try to find someone to point an overpriced foam finger at and that is: It's not one guy every time, it is Brad Johnson missing a pass one play a WR running a bad route on another, a Lineman missing an assignment.......I subscribe to that especially considering the team is young and full of new faces and ultimately it is a new system. It's called growing pains and trying to pin it on 3 guys is fallacy imo.
    Haha.
    When you're the leader of something whether it be a country, clan or side of a football team you are the most responsible for the outcomes.
    If you don't agree with me that the Quarterback, Offensive Coordinator and Head Coach aren't the most responsible for the production of the offense then that is a completely different debate.
    This was basically what I was saying.
    I hope a simplified version will be easier for you to understand so I don't have to read more lame responses like "those three guys don't deserve the brunt of the blame because there are more people involved".
    Of course there are mor epople involved but these guys are the ones with the most control and therefore they are the most responsible.
    Let me break it down into simple deductive logic:

Premises:
    Leaders have the most responsiblity for the outcome of their unit (true by definition of leader)
    2. Brad Johnson leads the offense on the field
    3. Derek Bevell leads the offense off the field
    4. Brad Childress leads Derek Bevell and calls the plays, helping to lead the offense during the game.
    Conclusion:
    Brad Johnson, Derek Bevell, and Brad Childress shoulder the brunt of the responsibility for the offense and thus deserve most of the blame for failures and most of the accolades for success.

Now before you go and talk about how the Vikings are 3-2 so Childress doesn't deserve an F.
    We have 3 wins thanks to the defense and how much control Childress exercises and how much of a defensive leader he is, is very much in question.
    Although you argue that Childress is helping out the defense by letting Tomlin do his thing, I don't think knowing you suck at defense makes you a better coach.
    Maybe you could be a worse coach and think you know defense and get involved and screw it up, but again while the results might be more favorable, it doesn't make you THAT much better of a coach.

I think Brad Johnson has always been an average Quarterback.
    He was never going to lose you games but was never going to win you games either.
    This year his lack of play-making ability and some pretty poor clutch decisions along with pretty unsolid play in non-clutch situations has lead him to be way below average.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Del Rio Guest

Re: Bye Week Review

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "VikemanX84" wrote:
    haha. The weather does deserve an F, I concurr.
    yesterday in about a span of 15 minutes I was extremely cold, then I was blinded by snow and then the sun came out and I didn't need my jacket.
    Is a little consistency too much to ask?

I don't see how anyone can give the offense anything but an F so far and the responsibility for that lies on 3 key people (many others, of course, but 3 main guys) The Quarterback, offensive coordinator/play caller, and the Head Coach.
    The Quarterback has played pretty darn bad, Childress calls the plays and they have been bad (particularly in the Redzone, and running to right so many times in the first 4 games) and things look super uncoordinated, and I think the responsibility for that might fall on the coordinator's shoulders.
    Thats reality.
    It hurts as a Vikings fan to say our offense is one of the worst in the league, I know.
    If the entire offense is struggling enough to get an F (I don't agree) then how do you narrow it down to those three people? I mean you have 11 guys on the field and multiple coaches responsible for many things. So we move the ball down the field with precision passing and strong running the first drive of every game get in the redzone and an offensive lineman gets a holding call and turns a 2nd and 5 into a 2nd and 15....and somehow in the grand scheme of things that is attributed to 3 guys?

That's not reality.

I think reality is more like what Brad Childress has said over and over as frustrated fans try to find someone to point an overpriced foam finger at and that is: It's not one guy every time, it is Brad Johnson missing a pass one play a WR running a bad route on another, a Lineman missing an assignment.......I subscribe to that especially considering the team is young and full of new faces and ultimately it is a new system. It's called growing pains and trying to pin it on 3 guys is fallacy imo.
    Haha.
    When you're the leader of something whether it be a country, clan or side of a football team you are the most responsible for the outcomes.
    If you don't agree with me that the Quarterback, Offensive Coordinator and Head Coach aren't the most responsible for the production of the offense then that is a completely different debate.
    This was basically what I was saying.
    I hope a simplified version will be easier for you to understand so I don't have to read more lame responses like "those three guys don't deserve the brunt of the blame because there are more people involved".
    Of course there are mor epople involved but these guys are the ones with the most control and therefore they are the most responsible.
    Let me break it down into simple deductive logic:

Premises:
    Leaders have the most responsiblity for the outcome of their unit (true by definition of leader)
    2. Brad Johnson leads the offense on the field
    3. Derek Bevell leads the offense off the field
    4. Brad Childress leads Derek Bevell and calls the plays, helping to lead the offense during the game.
    Conclusion:
    Brad Johnson, Derek Bevell, and Brad Childress shoulder the brunt of the responsibility for the offense and thus deserve most of the blame for failures and most of the accolades for success.

Now before you go and talk about how the Vikings are 3-2 so Childress doesn't deserve an F.
    We have 3 wins thanks to the defense and how much control Childress exercises and how much of a defensive leader he is, is very much in question.
    Although you argue that Childress is helping out the defense by letting Tomlin do his thing, I don't think knowing you suck at defense makes you a better coach.
    Maybe you could be a worse coach and think you know defense and get involved and screw it up, but again while the results might be more favorable, it doesn't make you THAT much better of a coach.

I think Brad Johnson has always been an average Quarterback.
    He was never going to lose you games but was never going to win you games either.
    This year his lack of play-making ability and some pretty poor clutch decisions along with pretty unsolid play in non-clutch situations has lead him to be way below average.

Check your PM's

You and I are never going to agree on this. I see football as the ultimate team sport so simplifying it down to that level goes against everything I love about football and the way I understand it works.

I could trade barbs with you tit for tat all day no problem but nothing would come of it but an inflated post count. So I apologize for over reacting to your thread. I simply do not agree and that is all I should have said and left it at that.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345