Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Suick is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Bye Week Kool-Aid

"Redmption" wrote:
    Dip into the Kool-Aid boys! Its bye week, we're 7-1, and have three home games in a row after this. Can we say 10-1!!!! Championship!!!!
    ;D

Few observations:

-Need a new saftey. #20 is terrible. Cant cover, cant tackle and he is so out of position he screws up other players tackles (See Steelers game)

-We need AW back bad! It makes me sick seeing Paymah getting juked out ever other play. How about Asher Allen at the least!

-Give Chilly his contract. I know this will set off a lot of sparks, but in reality this team has come a long way. His first years took some skull cracking to get the slackers out, he brought in a lot of FA talent, and have picked up some nice contributors in the draft. (Rice, Harvin, AP most notably) One of the least penalized teams in the league? That is coaching right there, when we used to be one of the most penalized teams. Kick jiggly butt offense? Yup, with the QB everyone was crushing us for going after. While people may bag on the play calling or some questionable calls, the fact is this team is way better and more competitive than any team in recent memory and it is because of the coaching and mentality instilled on this team.

-Whats up with the D? Another week, another 2nd half nap to let the opposing team back in. Hopefully they figure out the problem during the bye. What is working in the 1st half that isnt in the 2nd?

Thats it from me, I'm too drunk and dellusional with Purple Kool-Aid!!! Woot!
    The human false start (aka Ryan Cook) is riding the pine
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Overlord" wrote:
    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:
    Give Chilly his contract.
    No. Lets win a playoff game first.
    Yep, I agree... a great season is all for naught if we can't get it done in the playoffs.
    I still don't agree with that (seemingly very common) sentiment.

I'm having a ton of fun watching this team play right now.
    I think they're going to play well and provide even more great moments in the second half of the season.
    I'd love to see them win the Super Bowl.

But if they don't it won't ruin all the good times I've had watching games and talking Vikes football with friends.

There might be an analogy with a player somewhere on the Vikes' roster, but I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

I do agree that the organization doesn't need to give Childress an extension yet.
    As the great(?) Herm Edwards once said... "You play to win the game, you don't play just to play it".
    If Childress can't get us wins when it matters, then I don't want him coaching the Vikings.
    Plain and simple.
    I understand that's where the coaching decision has to come from.
    And it's more fun to win than lose, especially big games.
    But sometimes people at every level (fans, media, players, coaches) have a tendency to pretend it's more important than it really is.

Is my life really better because the Vikings are winning?
    And if they lose in January, will I have wasted the previous four months of my life?
    Well... the answer to that last one is 'yes,' but it won't be because of the Vikes.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

Is it weird that I am actually happy for a few weeks off? I mean personally, these last few weeks have been awesome, but so mentally draining!

Also, I'm glad Favre, Berrian, Harvin, Hutch, Loadholt etc... will get a much needed rest. This was a perfect bye... week 9 baby!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

We're bringing purple back.

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

"marshallvike" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:
    Give Chilly his contract.
    No. Lets win a playoff game first.
    or 2
    how about neither? let him work for it just like how every player on our roster has to work for their spot. In the offseason is when you decide if we should give him an extension or tell him to find another job. the percentage of players/coaches production is higher among them that are in their contract year. cuz in the offseason, they know they are going to get "paid", and paid heavily.

and to pay chilly a big contract is no problem to me as long as he has earned it which will be told in the offseason.

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Anyone know if Winfield will be back after the bye or will he be out for a couple more weeks.
    Looking ahead we have to deal with some pretty talented receivers...

Calvin Johnson
    Burleson/Housh the Douche (team has been loving the passing game lately)
    Knox/Hester 2x (a lil less to worry bout)
    Fitz/Boldin/Breaston
    Chad Johnson/L. Coles
    Steve Smith (Carolina)
    Steve Smith/Manningham/Nicks

"There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    Anyone know if Winfield will be back after the bye or will he be out for a couple more weeks.
    Looking ahead we have to deal with some pretty talented receivers...

Calvin Johnson
    Burleson/Housh the Douche (team has been loving the passing game lately)
    Knox/Hester 2x (a lil less to worry bout)
    Fitz/Boldin/Breaston
    Chad Johnson/L. Coles
    Steve Smith (Carolina)
    Steve Smith/Manningham/Nicks

CJ isn't healthy.
    Housh hates Hasselbeck. TJ ranted on Matt on the sidelines throughout the game. Looked like TO and mcnabb
    Cutler is garbage.
    Cardinals are so inconsistence I am not worried at all.
    Bengals are the next good team we play and I am worried a lot.
    Carolina is running wild again, but its Delhomme. lol. come on man.
    And the Giants game won't matter because we will be resting players anyways.
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12