Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

Bye Week Kool-Aid

Dip into the Kool-Aid boys! Its bye week, we're 7-1, and have three home games in a row after this. Can we say 10-1!!!! Championship!!!!
    ;D

Few observations:

-Need a new saftey. #20 is terrible. Cant cover, cant tackle and he is so out of position he screws up other players tackles (See Steelers game)

-We need AW back bad! It makes me sick seeing Paymah getting juked out ever other play. How about Asher Allen at the least!

-Give Chilly his contract. I know this will set off a lot of sparks, but in reality this team has come a long way. His first years took some skull cracking to get the slackers out, he brought in a lot of FA talent, and have picked up some nice contributors in the draft. (Rice, Harvin, AP most notably) One of the least penalized teams in the league? That is coaching right there, when we used to be one of the most penalized teams. Kick ass offense? Yup, with the QB everyone was crushing us for going after. While people may bag on the play calling or some questionable calls, the fact is this team is way better and more competitive than any team in recent memory and it is because of the coaching and mentality instilled on this team.

-Whats up with the D? Another week, another 2nd half nap to let the opposing team back in. Hopefully they figure out the problem during the bye. What is working in the 1st half that isnt in the 2nd?

Thats it from me, I'm too drunk and dellusional with Purple Kool-Aid!!! Woot!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Bye Week Kool-Aid

Get ready for it.......Hammer comes to town and merges this with the "Official Vikes vs Pack Postgame thread.......

JK, my friend.
    All of this is being discussed here......;D

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...c,53963.0.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Redmption" wrote:
    Give Chilly his contract.
    No. Lets win a playoff game first.

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Get ready for it.......Hammer comes to town and merges this with the "Official Vikes vs Pack Postgame thread.......

JK, My Farvish Friend.

This is a bye week thread, the Pack are done with!!
    ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Redmption" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

JK, My Farvish Friend.

This is a bye week thread, the Pack are done with!!
    ;D
    I gotcha.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

"Redmption" wrote:
    Dip into the Kool-Aid boys! Its bye week, we're 7-1, and have three home games in a row after this. Can we say 10-1!!!! Championship!!!!
    ;D

Few observations:

-Need a new saftey. #20 is terrible. Cant cover, cant tackle and he is so out of position he screws up other players tackles (See Steelers game)

Couldn't agree more, averages 4 tackles a game with 0 picks, and 1 pass defended, And the kicker is he makes double what Winfield does, So much for that great acquisition from Cincy.
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:
    or 2
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:
    Yep, I agree... a great season is all for naught if we can't get it done in the playoffs.

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:
    Yep, I agree... a great season is all for naught if we can't get it done in the playoffs.
    I still don't agree with that (seemingly very common) sentiment.

I'm having a ton of fun watching this team play right now.
    I think they're going to play well and provide even more great moments in the second half of the season.
    I'd love to see them win the Super Bowl.

But if they don't it won't ruin all the good times I've had watching games and talking Vikes football with friends.
    There might be an analogy with a player somewhere on the Vikes' roster, but I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

I do agree that the organization doesn't need to give Childress an extension yet.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Overlord" wrote:
    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:
    I still don't agree with that (seemingly very common) sentiment.

I'm having a ton of fun watching this team play right now.
    I think they're going to play well and provide even more great moments in the second half of the season.
    I'd love to see them win the Super Bowl.

But if they don't it won't ruin all the good times I've had watching games and talking Vikes football with friends.

There might be an analogy with a player somewhere on the Vikes' roster, but I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

I do agree that the organization doesn't need to give Childress an extension yet.
    As the great(?) Herm Edwards once said... "You play to win the game, you don't play just to play it".
    If Childress can't get us wins when it matters, then I don't want him coaching the Vikings.
    Plain and simple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast