Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Bye Bye Sidney Rice and Ray Edwards

And yet still, it was nothing more than a proposal.

No CBA has been agreed upon as of yet, and today is a day later than yesterday. Until a CBA is agreed upon, voted on and implemented, and the Lockout is lifted, I'll take anything said about these discussions with a grain of salt.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6687485&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Owners still will get some expense credits that will allow funding for new stadium construction, sources said.
    As revenues are projected to possibly double by 2016 to $18 billion annually, retired players will benefit from improved health and pension funding that is expected to increase significantly.
    Some interesting tidbits.

The first one appears to be solid reasoning to wait to make a stadium deal until after a new CBA is announced. I could really see the owners(league) contributing much more to a new stadium once this all gets settled. Essentially every dollar they contribute the players match(via salary cap adjustments). Not too many teams need a stadium.

Double revenue 5 years, holy cripes. No wonder Zygi wants a stadium now. It's going to be much harder to get the public to support helping out if he is getting windfall profits year after year(my rough math says that could result in 100million profit a year for most owners).

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099065
    And yet still, it was nothing more than a proposal.

No CBA has been agreed upon as of yet, and today is a day later than yesterday. Until a CBA is agreed upon, voted on and implemented, and the Lockout is lifted, I'll take anything said about these discussions with a grain of salt.
    Grain of salt yes, but the discussion point was centered on what might be. If, in fact, what might be (rumors right now) are true, they will be able to walk.

Again, this will be a direct slap in the face of all Vikings fans because the FO pukes couldn't get a deal done with them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1099067
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6687485&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Owners still will get some expense credits that will allow funding for new stadium construction, sources said.
    As revenues are projected to possibly double by 2016 to $18 billion annually, retired players will benefit from improved health and pension funding that is expected to increase significantly.

The first one appears to be solid reasoning to wait to make a stadium deal until after a new CBA is announced. I could really see the owners(league) contributing much more to a new stadium once this all gets settled. Essentially every dollar they contribute the players match(via salary cap adjustments). Not too many teams need a stadium.

Double revenue 5 years, holy cripes. No wonder Zygi wants a stadium now. It's going to be much harder to get the public to support helping out if he is getting windfall profits year after year(my rough math says that could result in 100million profit a year for most owners).
    Good catch my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Yeah, because the Vikings are the only team with restricted free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099072
    Two things to consider....

1. They did make offers to players. The offers weren't accepted by the Agents/Players. When that happens I consider the offer to be a "Low Ball" offer or atleast not what the Agent considers to be fair market value.

2. Other teams, including the Vikings did get deals done with players. A few of them actually signed some of their "Top Tier" players.

Funny how you keep forgetting that fact.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099078
    Two things to consider....

1. They did make offers to players. The offers weren't accepted by the Agents/Players. When that happens I consider the offer to be a "Low Ball" offer or atleast not what the Agent considers to be fair market value.

2. Other teams, including the Vikings did get deals done with players. A few of them actually signed some of their "Top Tier" players.

Funny how you keep forgetting that fact.
    a few eh?

The way your ramble on about this one would think that every team BUT the Vikings sign players.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Agreed.
    Neither owners or players were in a hurry to make a move because neither knew what the new cap would look like. The team can still sign those guys if they want them bad enough.
    I like that we have alot of money to spend in one of the best(largest) free agent classes ever.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099063
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099059
    Again, my post was made at about noon, those articles came out after.

This thread was based on some 'breaking' news heard on the radio or TV, the articles weren't written up yet at that point.
    Check out sportspyder. I was tracking the info all morning on it while I was at work.
    You know, as a Govt employee I would hope you would be doing a bit more than following sports web sites while on the taxpayers dime. You can do whatever you want after you clock out.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1099067

man are you negative.:P

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast