Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    With a roster as deep as ours it isn't hard to understand how a quality player like that could have a hard time getting on the field.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    With a roster as deep as ours it isn't hard to understand how a quality player like that could have a hard time getting on the field.
    I hear ya my friend. We saw so many 1-0 sets out of this staff its a wonder our WR's even broke a sweat this year considering all the reps they got.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Is anyone surprised that we didn't have a good crop of WR other than Harvin?

When the Vikings go into the start of the season thinking Berrian is going to be the vertical deep threat & go to guy, you already know it's going to be a bad season.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    What happened to Arcenaux this year)
    Right... I forgot he was lighting up the NFL prior to becoming a Viking

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post

Sarcasm.....I recognize that.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Sure wasn't used much. I do remember some nice catches (when needed) late last year when they actually started to put more than 1 WR on the field.

Hi Marr.

Yep, I do recall some nice catches from Cam in some tight spots where we needed someone to make a play. I think that has a lot to do with he was the least of the threats and teams basically put their nickel or dime corner on him. Not to take anything away from him, as he still has to run routes and make catches, but he just wasn't getting separation and he has no speed which combined is not good for a receiver.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Is anyone surprised that we didn't have a good crop of WR other than Harvin?...
    To be fair, i think Jenkins was a nice pick up and he did a sound job, till he got injured, I like him as a solid #2, we need a #1 badly imho, Harvin is the wildcard we have up our sleeeve.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    He was a slot receiver. We have Percy so of course a slow, average slot receiver will struggle seeing time.

Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    Hi Marr.

Yep, I do recall some nice catches from Cam in some tight spots where we needed someone to make a play. I think that has a lot to do with he was the least of the threats and teams basically put their nickel or dime corner on him. Not to take anything away from him, as he still has to run routes and make catches, but he just wasn't getting separation and he has no speed which combined is not good for a receiver.
    Excellent point on the speed (and cover analysis) my friend. Atleast for me, if you have the right mix/match of receivers when it comes to your corps, a slow guy isn't a bad thing.

I absolutely loved Moss, Carter and Reed and liked Berrien, Harvin and Rice almost as much. They complemented each other and forced the defense to gamble on who they were going to cover, fast guy? Almost fast guy or the big possession guy.

We need to get back to that. A corps of Harvin, Garcon, Toon/Sanu/Jeffrey would be a good starting point next year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Right... I forgot he was lighting up the NFL prior to becoming a Viking
    NFL? Really?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast