Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Butchie is the man!

KFFL
    NFL | B. Wallace named World Bowl MVP
    Sat, 27 May 2006 17:14:21 -0700

The Associated Press reports free agent RB Butchie Wallace (Vikings) was named the World Bowl MVP.

----------------------------------

NFL | Galaxy top Admirals to win World Bowl - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 27 May 2006 13:09:59 -0700

The Associated Press reports the Frankfurt Galaxy collected a record fourth World Bowl title with a 22-7 win over the Amsterdam Admirals Saturday, May 27. The Galaxy, playing in a record seventh World Bowl, denied Amsterdam the chance to become the second team to win back-to-back titles. NFL free agent RB Butchie Wallace (Vikings) ran for 138 second-half yards and a touchdown to lead the way for the Galaxy.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Butchie is the man!

Aww yeah! Go Butchie!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

The Vikings didn't re-sign him. He is still a free agent. 138 - 2nd half yards is still impressive.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

How did Whittaker do!?! Didn't his team play also?!?
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

bigdaddy72_1 is offline Starter

Aaron Hosack had a game high 47 yards on 3 receptions.

For some reason I could not find any information about Whitaker.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Good job Butchie.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    How did Whittaker do!?! Didn't his team play also?!?
    Whittaker didn't play. His team - Rhein Fire - were not in the world bowl because Frankfurt just made it past them, to be the team that faced the champions from Amsterdam.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I knew Wallace is a FA but isn't Hosack still on the Vikings? I didn't see the logo on his jersey.

"ejmat" wrote:
    I knew Wallace is a FA but isn't Hosack still on the Vikings? I didn't see the logo on his jersey.
    Yes Hosack is still signed with the Vikings as is Sean Bubin who also played in NFL Europe.

Posted on Sun, May. 28, 2006

[size=18px]Ex-Vikings practice squader Wallace leads Galaxy to title[/size]

Associated Press

Butchie Wallace ran for 138 second-half yards and a touchdown Saturday, helping the Frankfurt Galaxy earn a record fourth World Bowl championship with a 22-7 victory over the Amsterdam Admirals in Duesseldorf, Germany.

The Galaxy turned to their vaunted running attack after the Admirals took a 7-2 lead into halftime in NFL Europe's showcase event.

"I couldn't believe it," said Wallace, who was a member of the Vikings' practice squad last season. "I kept seeing the holes open up, and I kept pounding and pounding."

Wallace finished with 143 yards on 18 carries. Vikings receiver Aaron Hosack, a former standout at the University of Minnesota, had three receptions for 47 yards for the Galaxy.

The game could be a turning point for Wallace. He injured his knee in Galaxy training camp, then languished at home until Frankfurt called when tailback Roger Robinson sat out a game with a concussion. The injury happened after the Vikings failed to ask him to return to the team.

Briefly: Former NFL fullback Craig "Ironhead" Heyward died in Atlanta after a 7½-year fight with a recurring brain tumor, his son's high school football coach said. He was 39.

Heyward spent 11 seasons in the NFL with New Orleans, Chicago, Atlanta, St. Louis and Indianapolis.

• Joe Brodsky, a running backs coach for the Dallas Cowboys when they won three Super Bowls in the 1990s, died Thursday at 71 in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., after a long battle with cancer.

• The NFL has proposed playing two regular-season games outside the United States starting in 2008, league officials said.

• Receiver Cory Rodgers, selected by Green Bay in the fourth round of the NFL draft, faces gun charges after his arrest Friday in Fort Worth, Texas.

• Pittsburgh receiver Santonio Holmes, the team's first-round draft pick in April, was arrested for disorderly conduct in Miami Beach, Fla.

Ex-Vikings practice squader Wallace leads Galaxy to title

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast