At first we will have the "sons"

Burleson
    Williamson
    Robinson
    lol my 3 sons

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Burleson vs. Williamson

"jmichael_wings" wrote:
    So who will be the one the step into Moss' shoes?

If you combined the 2 receivers, maybe they could fill moss' shoes. We aren't trying to fill moss' shoes.

Burleson is hands down the much much more polished and ready WR right now. Williamson has A LONG WAY TO GO, before we start thinking he is gonna put up great #'s in his rookie year. Rookie WR's just don't do it. What was there 1 of all the 1st round WR's in last years draft, that even got over 1000 yards. Williamson is very raw and factor that with the fact that even WR's that aren't raw coming out of college, take a year or 2 to develope, he won't be a great WR this year.

But think about it. Moss only had 700 yards for us last year. He had a lot of Td's, but I think williamson and travis taylor can easily get that 700 yards and 13 or however many Td's moss hard for us last year. Moss didn't do that much for our offense last year, considering he was out for 5 games, missed half another, and was 75% for another good ammount of games.

We need to worry more about our rushing attack, with moss out. Luckily we get rosey and jimmy K back. Hopefully birk will be healthy when the season starts. If our O-line is healthy, as well as jimmy K, we will be able to run the ball, moss or no moss.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

As long as they can fill the shoes of: Winning at all costs! I'll be happy then! :lol:

TroyFan is offline Waterboy

Hi everyone I just joined this great website because of MY BOY BLUE(aka Troy Williamson) I live in SC and went to all of the home games this year for the Gamecocks! Ive seen troy and what he can do and all I know is that ya'll got a steal there. Troy was the leader in Recieving and TDs in the best football conference in america the SEC and he didnt even have a quaterback I mean one of our QBs last year is now at reciever and or other QB last year should have been a fullback!!!!! Just think what he could do with Daunte I expect great things out of Troy maybe even Pro Bowl his first year as long as he works on his routes during the fall! And believe me he's the anti-Moss great attitude and great worker!!!! Go VIKES!
    The State of Minnesota will get to know me very well-Troy Williamson

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

hmm well williamson is a rookie, he is much faster but i think they both move across the field better than moss ever did and they both arn't scared to go up the middle
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

"TroyFan" wrote:
    Hi everyone I just joined this great website because of MY BOY BLUE(aka Troy Williamson) I live in SC and went to all of the home games this year for the Gamecocks! Ive seen troy and what he can do and all I know is that ya'll got a steal there. Troy was the leader in Recieving and TDs in the best football conference in america the SEC and he didnt even have a quaterback I mean one of our QBs last year is now at reciever and or other QB last year should have been a fullback!!!!! Just think what he could do with Daunte I expect great things out of Troy maybe even Pro Bowl his first year as long as he works on his routes during the fall! And believe me he's the anti-Moss great attitude and great worker!!!! Go VIKES!
    Welcome to the site. SO you must attend south carolina university?

Well anyway, you sorta cleared things up on his stats during his last year. He only had 7 tds which is pretty average, esp in the nfl. Very hard to believe he was the leader in the SEC conference as well.

Is there anything else you could tells us about him that we dont know about. Sounds good already.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Mikchek is offline Training Camp

I just can't wait until pre season.....damn its so far away....

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Williamson will have a better year than EDwards or Williams next season. Anyone disagree?
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"V-Unit" wrote:
    Williamson will have a better year than EDwards or Williams next season. Anyone disagree?
    I agree. Edwards plays for the Browns; enough said.

Detroit has some QB issues and I do not see either one of them lighting it up.

Williamson is lucky to have Pep at QB; that helps a lot!

revprodeji is offline Starter

I believe with moss gone pepper will be able to share the ball around more. thus an even higher % I expect to see an equal share with players for catches. but burlanson is the man right now.
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast