Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

burleson and robinson

"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:
    i'm pretty sure that burleson started putting up bigger numbers when moss got hurt and after culp seen what he could do was able to look for burl more. didn't see huge #'s till late in the season , way after moss' #'s had dropped consirderably
    Take a look at the game logs. You will see peps numbers are big when Moss was healthy, and trailed off considereably when Moss was out, and then began to rise again when Moss came back and played hurt.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

burleson and robinson

"TheHumanComa" wrote:
    what'd Moss do last Year? not much.
    True, but what did the Vikings do last year? not much.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

burleson and robinson

"TheHumanComa" wrote:
    what'd Moss do last Year? not much.
    Your another idiot that listens to news reproters for your sporting news! Just putting Moss on the field helps the whole offence-ask ANY defensive coordinator in the NFL. Why do u think they put him out there for two games after his injury? Not to catch passes, I'll tell you that much!!!

PS -this is why I joined this site -to argue this sort of madness. Do we really care what Moss does off the field? I don't, I don't live with him. I care if a guy has talent and puts his heart into the game.

For the record -I lMAO when Moss "pretended" to moon the GB croud!!!!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

burleson and robinson

"eclipse_2303" wrote:
    "parsongeorge" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:
    There will be no replacing moss, We need to get another WR but we cant replace moss.
    I wonder if smoot got a flagrant foul for that facemask in your pic?

Its not really a facemask, He is yanking the helmet not the mask. I wonder if that is a penalty? :|

Yes they still call you on a facemask.

The face mask extends around the entire open part in the front of the helmet.

and that was probably a 15 yarder. The same penalty applies for when you grab someone from behind, underneath the back of their helmet.

You basically can not grab their helmet.

elgordo is offline Rookie

burleson and robinson

To answer your question about the facemask penalty...

Yes it is a penalty.

If a player grabs a hold of any part of another players helmet it is considered a facemask penalty.[/quote]

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

burleson and robinson

moss is gone.

we will get another wide reciever either Plex or someone in the draft. the 1st pick will go to the best WR available guaranteed. also, even if we don't add another WR, we will still win more games because our defense will be much better. all those games in which the other team comesback from behind in the 4rth quarter won't happen this year. we will need to play smarter, not score over 30 points to win. if loney stands by his statement that we will run more, we won't score as much anyway, but we will ontrol the clock. we lost big play ability when moss left, but i can think a bunch of times burleson and robinson had big plays. we will not miss moss when we finish the season 10-6 or higher. in the games moss was out, we still figured out a way to score over 30 points in most of those games to just lose by a FG (GB, Indy...) . we will be fine.

burleson and robinson

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    moss is gone.

we will get another wide reciever either Plex or someone in the draft. the 1st pick will go to the best WR available guaranteed. also, even if we don't add another WR, we will still win more games because our defense will be much better. all those games in which the other team comesback from behind in the 4rth quarter won't happen this year. we will need to play smarter, not score over 30 points to win. if loney stands by his statement that we will run more, we won't score as much anyway, but we will ontrol the clock. we lost big play ability when moss left, but i can think a bunch of times burleson and robinson had big plays. we will not miss moss when we finish the season 10-6 or higher. in the games moss was out, we still figured out a way to score over 30 points in most of those games to just lose by a FG (GB, Indy...) . we will be fine.
    I hope the Vikes do well next year, but we added Smoot, and P. Williams DT, and that is it so far. And we lost Randy Moss. We lost a 15 TD 1400 yard 80 plus catch defense changing wide receiver. Moss made the offense run and in doing so, helped our defense as well.

We need to add a premier receiver, a premier linebacker, (Not Harris) and a Safety before the draft.

About the games Moss was out, I do not believe we averaged over 30 points in those games.

burleson and robinson

To bolster my position, here are the stats I am talking about....

Culpepper complete 2004 season stats.
    4717 passing yards, 39 TD passes, 294 yards per game average, and 2.43 TD passes per game.
    Those are pretty darn good numbers.

Now, look at Culpeppers first five games when Randy Moss was not hurt.
    1766 passing yards, 18 TD passes, 353 yards per game average, and 3.6 TD passes per game.
    Culpepper was on pace at that time to have for 5648 passing yards and 57 TD passes. All NFL records.

Now look at Culpeppers stats after the Moss injury.
    2951 passing yards, 21 TD passes, 268 yards per game average, and 1.9 TD passes per game.
    It shows Culpeppers numbers went down significantly without Moss in the lineup.

If you calculate those stats for a full season,
    4288 passing yards, 30 TD passes, 268 yards per game average. Still pretty impressive numbers but without Moss the stats are 1360 yards less and 27 TD passes short.

Remember, Randy Moss would not have the 27 TD catches extra, or the 1360 yards extra, but the entire offense would.
    This is why I said Randy Moss made the offense go.

It is already apparent that Burleson, Robinson, and Campbell cannot keep up the pace without Moss. That is why I am saying we need a premier wide receiver to lesson some of the burden.

I also didn't mention the win loss record before and after the injury with Moss this season. That just wouldn't be fair.

chennegar is offline Rookie

burleson and robinson

I give you credit Moss is by far the best receiver in the game and i'm very upset that he is gone. But, your statement about Burelson only excelling because of the double teams on Moss is ludicris. While Moss was out, Burelson still excelled if not stepped it up a notch. And the offense still scored in the high 20s to low 30s, if the defense had stepped up in any of those games we would have had at the very least two more wins.

burleson and robinson

"chennegar" wrote:
    I give you credit Moss is by far the best receiver in the game and i'm very upset that he is gone. But, your statement about Burelson only excelling because of the double teams on Moss is ludicris. While Moss was out, Burelson still excelled if not stepped it up a notch. And the offense still scored in the high 20s to low 30s, if the defense had stepped up in any of those games we would have had at the very least two more wins.
    First, about the scoring issue. Vikings first five games with a healthy Moss scored 150 points or 30 points average.

The last remaining games with a absent and injured Moss, Vikes scored 255 points, or 23 points per game. They only scored 31 points twice in the 11 game span after Moss was injured. That is 7 points less per game, every game on the average. I think someone in a previous post stated that the Vikes lost those games by 7 points or under. So, if Moss would have stayed healthy, we more than likely would have had a higher point total, like 7 more points per game on average, thus, winning more games.
    We wouldn't have had the defense step up if we had scored that extra 7 points per game.

Burleson was the 25th ranked wide receiver this year. He had the luxury of having single coverage for a good portion of the season as Randy Moss commanded double and even triple team at times. Even when Moss was hurt, he was getting plenty of double teams. This afforded Burleson to work with the second bes corner and usually only single teamed. That is a huge advantage and still he was only ranked 25th.

Now don't get me wrong. I think Burleson is a good receiver, but please, no one should think that he can step it up enough to make the offense work as good as when Moss was on the team.

This gets back to my point that the three WR's we have now is inadequate and we need a premier WR and then we need to draft a premier WR to lesson the burden.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast