Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Burleson has hops!

Clearly Burleson is as much of a red zone threat as Robinson or Moss would be. After all, his vertical jump makes him effectively as tall.

And obviously that must mean it makes his arms as long too, right??!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Del Rio Guest

You know what I really like about him, the guy can block like a truck. That's refreshing on our team. If anyone wants proof of who blocks and who used to run around like a victim of chronic wasting disease watch the highlight film on the homepage.

While you are checking out his blocks, look at his YAC, and his TD's. Watch him willingly going over the middle. A well rounded guy who brings a lot to the table.

Oh and apparently he can leap skyscrapers.

pigskinronin is offline Starter

Well, we got a speedster in Williamson, the height and jump ball threat from Robinson --- I would just like to see Burleson become an excellent possession receiver.

We were all spoiled with Cris Carter! Was there any receivers better at using their body to create space to make the catch?

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"pigskinronin" wrote:
    Well, we got a speedster in Williamson, the height and jump ball threat from Robinson --- I would just like to see Burleson become an excellent possession receiver.

We were all spoiled with Cris Carter! Was there any receivers better at using their body to create space to make the catch?

No there wasn't...Carter was the man, a legend!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

"akvikefan89" wrote:
    LIFE WITHOUT RANDY ...

Largely unnoticed, receiver Nate Burleson made one of the more amazing moves of training camp Tuesday morning. As the receivers group jogged to a drill, Burleson caught up to receiver Daryl Jones. Burleson put his hands on Jones' shoulders and then leapfrogged him as Jones stood straight. Burleson cleared the 5-9 Jones' head by at least a foot.

That's not too shabby :shock:

Haven't you guys ever leapfrogged..? You can leap frog anyone that stands still.....its more about the using your arms to push yourself over...I once leapfrogged a 6'8" lineman in high school as part of a dare....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I've watched that High light video probably 10 times...and the catch where Nate Dawg Catches it and a defender comes, he turns, missin him and another defender and keeps goin...freakin sick

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"audioghost" wrote:
    "akvikefan89" wrote:
    LIFE WITHOUT RANDY ...

Largely unnoticed, receiver Nate Burleson made one of the more amazing moves of training camp Tuesday morning. As the receivers group jogged to a drill, Burleson caught up to receiver Daryl Jones. Burleson put his hands on Jones' shoulders and then leapfrogged him as Jones stood straight. Burleson cleared the 5-9 Jones' head by at least a foot.

Haven't you guys ever leapfrogged..? You can leap frog anyone that stands still.....its more about the using your arms to push yourself over...I once leapfrogged a 6'8" lineman in high school as part of a dare....
    Yeah, but the guy wasn't standing still, he was jogging, "He caught up to reciever Daryl Jones". He also cleared his head by a foot. It's pretty impressive.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"Del Rio" wrote:
    You know what I really like about him, the guy can block like a truck. That's refreshing on our team. If anyone wants proof of who blocks and who used to run around like a victim of chronic wasting disease watch the highlight film on the homepage.

While you are checking out his blocks, look at his YAC, and his TD's. Watch him willingly going over the middle. A well rounded guy who brings a lot to the table.

Oh and apparently he can leap skyscrapers.
    Watch that film again. Burleson only gets one knockdown block, and is involved in less than a certain other receiver, who simply isn't heavy enough to knock anyone down

Please note who sealed Al Harris and pinned Darren Sharper on the Moe TD in the playoffs

But this is a moot point. My Nate Burleson jersey is on order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

"akvikefan89" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    "akvikefan89" wrote:
    LIFE WITHOUT RANDY ...

Yeah, but the guy wasn't standing still, he was jogging, "He caught up to reciever Daryl Jones". He also cleared his head by a foot. It's pretty impressive.

Seriously man, try it....find someone who is 5'9", make em' jog and do it....I guarentee you won't be as impressed.....its LEAP FROG, not LEAP OVER....it has nothing to do with his vertical....I guarentee you without a doubt that I can leap frog a 5'9" man or woman jogging...GUARENTEE, if you don't believe me try it yourself...if we ever meet somewhere I'll leapfrog you! Its really not that amazing of a feat!

He didn't jump over him....he did a leapfrog.....you just run faster than someone jogging, jump and hoist yourself over by putting your arms on their shoulders......hasn't anyone done this??? Xcept me and Nate??? Honestly its not that big of a deal.....when I leapfrogged Ryan Schuttloffel, a 6'8" O and D lineman in football practice in high school I flew so high, it was crazy.....but it was more about the hoist than the jump.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast