Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Burleson is getting used!

I can agree that he is caught in between two organizations that are playing a game. But he didn't need to sign the offer, he wanted to sign the offer from the Hawks.

The game went into OT when the Hawks said if you let us have him (in a trade) without the 7 day waiting game, we will throw in the 3rd round compensation anyway as part of the deal.

Well, it is his home town, and he loves it there...but he also loves it here. I think the thing that put him overboard was the contract...even though i know it will be restructered down the road...it was a huge contract, how can one pass it up?

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

There is nothing wrong with Nate signing the offer sheet. Burly is from the Seattle area and he sees an opportunity to play where he wants to. Yes I think the A$$hawks are a low class organization however I can't deny their current talent. They made the superbowl last year and we didn't.

As far as the whole Nate being used thing I guess in a way I agree with that. I agree that it's his offer that is being used to get back at the Vikings. The bottom line is Nate signed it. That was his choice. In the NFL there are no gaurantees anymore that you'll play with the same team 2 years in a row. It's just how it is now. Look at other more established players being shopped around the league. I don't feel sorry for Nate. I think he will do what he thinks is best for him. He's an adult and he makes his own decisions.

My question is if the Vikes fight the poison pills and win, why wouldn't they try and match the offer. If they win the case they can totally afford Nate and I think he would be good in the WCO. I can't agree that he will flourish with the Vikes more than at Seattle. Remember Seattle had the #1 offense in the NFL. Nate has the talent to flourish anywhere. He hasn't done it yet but he showed a lot of potential in 2004.

BradTheMan14 is offline Starter

if seattle ddnt get around the poison pills than we prlly wont be able to either..but if we did i bet those seahags would go throw another fit and take the hutch deal to court..
    Q: At your age, can you handle a full season?
    A: I m 37, number one. I took my family to Perkins a couple of days ago, and they didn t hand me a senior citizens discount card, so I feel pretty good.
    (Brad Johnson at an interview before the start of the season)

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

We were giving him roughly the same amount of money, but he is from washington and he wants to play for them.

Thanks PurpleMafia

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

he doesnt have to sign the contract though does he?
    i m better than you, so just give up...

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"shawn9876uss" wrote:
    We were giving him roughly the same amount of money, but he is from washington and he wants to play for them.
    I think we were giving him less money, we had the right to match it because of Burley's FA status. He signed a contract that he obviously knew was one that we couldn't match. He signed it for the money. It probably got him about 2 million more this year than what we were even considering paying him. He has to sign the offer because it it to good to be true for the first year atleast.

We got Hutch, they get Burleson (most likely) let's move on. What comes around goes around.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Nates not getting used...

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

I don't have time to worry if he is getting used. I would love to get used for 14 million, where do I sign up? And if he was smart and he is being used then sign with the Vikes and not the seaslugs.

Sometimes you are the windshield sometimes you are the bug!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

So long Nate...enjoy the rain!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast