Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vikingTurf Guest

Re: Burleson is getting used!

"BradTheMan14" wrote:
    well i think he prlly knows that he wont be getting 49 mil, isnt the contract really just a 4 year 14 mil deal..i think thats what he was seeing..and i guess the fact that by signing the deal he knew he would be a seagull..basically the contract is circumventing the RFA system..idk just depends on how u look at it..the seagulls are just a bunch of cry babies and rejects from green bay anyways hahahaahhaa
    Yeah that's what i thought too, and c;mon even a 10 yr old kid knows the situation, don't you think Burleson knows the Hawks would know the Seahawks would come up with a big contract for vikings to match. Burly wants to go to Seattle and they took that opportunity to slam one back to the Vikings, but all along even before HUtch saga they were eyein Burleson anyways. I don't think he will be shipped out next year or anything.

"vikingTurf" wrote:
    "BradTheMan14" wrote:
    well i think he prlly knows that he wont be getting 49 mil, isnt the contract really just a 4 year 14 mil deal..i think thats what he was seeing..and i guess the fact that by signing the deal he knew he would be a seagull..basically the contract is circumventing the RFA system..idk just depends on how u look at it..the seagulls are just a bunch of cry babies and rejects from green bay anyways hahahaahhaa
    Yeah that's what i thought too, and c;mon even a 10 yr old kid knows the situation, don't you think Burleson knows the Hawks would know the Seahawks would come up with a big contract for vikings to match. Burly wants to go to Seattle and they took that opportunity to slam one back to the Vikings, but all along even before HUtch saga they were eyein Burleson anyways. I don't think he will be shipped out next year or anything.
    Fine, you guys go on believing that the Hawks had all these WRs out there and they picked Nate...after a year of riding the bench and showing NOTHING like he had the year before. Come on...you guys act like Nate is something special...he would have been had he stayed a Viking, but now he gets used up and will be a 2nd or 3rd WR the rest of his NFL career. He had the shot with us and now it's gone to the Hawks.

Until next time...
    Gene Ramsay
    AKA - AlabamaViking
    www.vikingsfanatic69.com
    I'll see you on the field!
    #1 Vikings FAN in Alabama!

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Nate is NOT getting used. He is getting back at the Vikings for offering him a low-ball offer and he's more than happy to join the Seashawks in getting back at the Vikings.

He's made a decision to move on and, I suspect, has burned his bridges in Minnesota. The Viking Management is NOT going to keep a loser like this.

I feel the offer the Vikes offered him was reasonable. He is a nobody receiver that nobody will remember years from now.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

"sleepagent" wrote:
    Nate is NOT getting used. He is getting back at the Vikings for offering him a low-ball offer and he's more than happy to join the Seashawks in getting back at the Vikings.

He's made a decision to move on and, I suspect, has burned his bridges in Minnesota. The Viking Management is NOT going to keep a loser like this.

I feel the offer the Vikes offered him was reasonable. He is a nobody receiver that nobody will remember years from now.
    That's actually not a bad perspective and probably closer to what I mean. I guess meeting and talking with a guy makes you think about stuff, but your thoughts are good. Thanks.

Until next time...
    Gene Ramsay
    AKA - AlabamaViking
    www.vikingsfanatic69.com

BradTheMan14 is offline Starter

cmon..if hes a player he will step up and take the starting role..he has a chance in seattle.. maybe hassleb!tch will bring out the best in him lololol

Until Next Time...
    Q: At your age, can you handle a full season?
    A: I m 37, number one. I took my family to Perkins a couple of days ago, and they didn t hand me a senior citizens discount card, so I feel pretty good.
    (Brad Johnson at an interview before the start of the season)

"sleepagent" wrote:

I hope you are right that he made the decision to move on. You got any quotes to back that up? If that's not the case...he's getting used and was made to feel like a better player than he is for the sake of the Hawks making a point to us in hopes we would cave and match.

Until next time...
    Gene Ramsay
    AKA - AlabamaViking
    www.vikingsfanatic69.com

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"AlabamaViking" wrote:
    "vikingTurf" wrote:
    "BradTheMan14" wrote:
    Fine, you guys go on believing that the Hawks had all these WRs out there and they picked Nate...after a year of riding the bench and showing NOTHING like he had the year before. Come on...you guys act like Nate is something special...he would have been had he stayed a Viking, but now he gets used up and will be a 2nd or 3rd WR the rest of his NFL career. He had the shot with us and now it's gone to the Hawks.

Until next time...
    You're right. Nate would have been great in our offense of a questionable running game, maybe a QB situation soon, with a rookie coaching staff.. and he's gonna suck with a team (hawks) that have a experienced coaching staff, a great running game and a solid QB situation for years to come. :lol:

Nate will be better in Seattle. Why?

Because Seattle has a good offense. Good running game. Good QB situation for years to come. And a solid coaching staff.

The Vikings? A still questionable running game. Maybe a QB situation in a year or two and a rookie coaching staff.

Nate's better off in Seattle.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"AlabamaViking" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:

That's actually not a bad perspective and probably closer to what I mean. I guess meeting and talking with a guy makes you think about stuff, but your thoughts are good. Thanks.

Until next time...
    I know this much. If I were pissed at someone, I'd sign a deal like this and laugh my butt off.

If I didn't want to burn any bidges, I'd tell them to reword it and make it more realistic and professional.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

"sleepagent" wrote:
    "AlabamaViking" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:

Until next time...
    I know this much. If I were pissed at someone, I'd sign a deal like this and laugh my butt off.

If I didn't want to burn any bidges, I'd tell them reword and make it more realistic and professional.
    Still want some concrete proof (besides the offer siging...I
    don't blame him for that) that he made a decision to go to Seattle or was unhappy in Minnesota. He has said NOTHING of the sort. Maybe he's ill that Daunte got booted. I guess you could look at it from that standpoint. I mean, Brad saw KoRo all the time but never really connected with Nate.
    Maybe it was best for Nate. He was such a nice guy though...hate to see them go.

Until next time...
    Gene Ramsay
    AKA - AlabamaViking
    www.vikingsfanatic69.com

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think Nate is being used, he signed the contract.

Not many contracts are guaranteed. If the Hawks didn't sign him, what's to say we paid him less money than what they are giving him now, and then let him go after the season, after paying him let's say 2.5 million with bonuses and incentives.

There are no guarantees!

Nate is getting the best deal he can this year. He can also go out there this season and make him want to be kept by the Hawks.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast