Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Burleson is getting used!

The saddest part about this is that Nate becomes the pawn in an ugly affair between a bunch of crybabies (the Seahawks) and the Vikings.
    Let's evaluate this:
    Nate is an OK receiver...not real All-Pro quality (unless he plays the Packers). He had it good in Minnesota with his playing time and he was really coming on. He then gets injured and does little to nothing the whole season. Then his contract makes him a restricted free agent and he shops around.
    The Seahawks step in and offer this ridiculous contract that no one in their right mind offers to a wide reciever, especially of Burleson's stature. I mean, Burleson better than T.O. or Moss...I don't think so. The Hawks do this to him to try and get back at the Vikes (obviously) and it just proves that the Seahawks do not want to honor that contract, but they are making their point to the Vikes in their disgruntled way due to the Hutchinson deal.
    Now, the Vikes would love to keep Burleson and I am pretty sure Nate woudl want to stay...especially since we all know he is BEING USED by the Seahawks to try and get back at the Vikes. There is not way they pay Nate and Nate is out being shopped again (if he becomes a Seahawk) within a year or so. Don't think there is not a "back door" policy in this contract that allows the Hawks to get out of this one.
    All that to say this...I have met Nate and talked to him on an occasion or two. He's a nice guy and I hate to see thi shappen to him. He may see dollars with this contract, but we all know he won't see much of it with his caliber of play. Especially not in the Seahawks offense.
    I'm sorry Nate. We love you man, but you are getting totall messed on with this deal and I hope to see you back as a Viking soon...because you won't be making any $49 mil at the Seahawks unless you can get faster and catch many more TDs and balls than you currently do...oh yea...and eclipse every single season receiving record known to man.

Until next time...
    Gene Ramsay
    AKA - AlabamaViking
    www.vikingsfanatic69.com
    I'll see you on the field!
    #1 Vikings FAN in Alabama!

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Burleson is getting used!

you got it wrong.

nates contract isnt for 49 Mil. the seahawks only made is seem that way through insentives and such. that way we would have to garantee it all. (which the seahawks wont have to do)

i think theres only 5 Mil garanteed.

the seahawks arnt hiding anything. its not like nate doesnt know the whole deal.

nate getting a good deal.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

How is Nate being used?

He's the one who signed the freaking contract... And if he did so without reading it or having is agent read it, then he's a tard that we need to get rid of and get a third rounder in return.

"happy camper" wrote:
    you got it wrong.

nates contract isnt for 49 Mil. the seahawks only made is seem that way through insentives and such. that way we would have to garuntee it all. (which the seahawks wont have to do)

i think theres only 5 Mil garunteed.
    Does not matter if it's 5 or 50...they are forcing their hand on a so-so player to try and prove something. When Nate is NOT a Viking next yera that hurts him and he will be shipped out of there and that's not right. The Hawks know that too. They want us to pay a ransom for him and not match a sensible offer.
    That's my point.

Until next time...
    Gene Ramsay
    AKA - AlabamaViking
    www.vikingsfanatic69.com

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

It's not really 49 million, if we matched it would be but only 4.95 million is guranteed.
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

"pepper 0n moss" wrote:
    How is Nate being used?

He's the one who signed the freaking contract... And if he did so without reading it or having is agent read it, then he's a tard that we need to get rid of and get a third rounder in return.
    Not saying the contract is not attractive, but come on...everyone, including him, knows he's not worth that kind of money and it's just the Hawks playing baby games with someone's future in the NFL.

Until next time...
    Gene Ramsay
    AKA - AlabamaViking
    www.vikingsfanatic69.com

"happy camper" wrote:
    you got it wrong.

nates contract isnt for 49 Mil. the seahawks only made is seem that way through insentives and such. that way we would have to garantee it all. (which the seahawks wont have to do)

i think theres only 5 Mil garanteed.

the seahawks arnt hiding anything. its not like nate doesnt know the whole deal.

nate getting a good deal.
    Yea, he's getting a good deal...for now. But they are filled with promises that will be broken and that's not fair to him in the end. Why, in this world, would the Seahawks pay that kind of receiver that kind of money? He's not $5 mil good. Think about it.

Until next time...
    Gene Ramsay
    AKA - AlabamaViking
    www.vikingsfanatic69.com

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"AlabamaViking" wrote:
    "happy camper" wrote:
    you got it wrong.

nates contract isnt for 49 Mil. the seahawks only made is seem that way through insentives and such. that way we would have to garuntee it all. (which the seahawks wont have to do)

Does not matter if it's 5 or 50...they are forcing their hand on a so-so player to try and prove something. When Nate is NOT a Viking next yera that hurts him and he will be shipped out of there and that's not right. The Hawks know that too. They want us to pay a ransom for him and not match a sensible offer.
    That's my point.

Until next time...
    the seahawks will be getting a good player. nate will go to a good team. the vikings will get a 3rd round pick.

everybody wins. your acting like this is a big conspiracy and its not.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

BradTheMan14 is offline Starter

well i think he prlly knows that he wont be getting 49 mil, isnt the contract really just a 4 year 14 mil deal..i think thats what he was seeing..and i guess the fact that by signing the deal he knew he would be a seagull..basically the contract is circumventing the RFA system..idk just depends on how u look at it..the seagulls are just a bunch of cry babies and rejects from green bay anyways hahahaahhaa
    Q: At your age, can you handle a full season?
    A: I m 37, number one. I took my family to Perkins a couple of days ago, and they didn t hand me a senior citizens discount card, so I feel pretty good.
    (Brad Johnson at an interview before the start of the season)

"happy camper" wrote:
    "AlabamaViking" wrote:
    "happy camper" wrote:
    you got it wrong.

That's my point.

Until next time...
    the seahawks will be getting a good player. nate will go to a good team. the vikings will get a 3rd round pick.

everybody wins. your acting like this is a big conspiracy and its not.
    Exactly..."GOOD" player getting great player money. I am also not saying it's a conspiracy...I'm saying Nate is getting USED...read the thread people! Nate will now be bounced around the league and never get to his full potential because the Hawks just had to step in and rebutt the Hutchinson deal. They could have let Nate go to another team and try his hand...but no....for whatever reason (not due to his talent level) they decided to make an example out of him and in the long run that will hurt Nate Burleson...mark my words.

Until next time...
    Gene Ramsay
    AKA - AlabamaViking
    www.vikingsfanatic69.com

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast