Thread: Burelson now #2

Burelson now #2

Burleson has taken over the #2 WR spot from Marcus Robinson. Sorta intresting since everyone had high expectations for Robinson ( including myself). Although I am starting to think he may not have as big as an impact as I once thought.

I guess Tice said he wont start a receiver in regular season who didnt play in the preseason. I guess thats a good point. It looks like Robinsons injury problems that have plauged him his whole career will continue to plauge him as a Viking.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Burelson now #2

When healthy Robinson is a good complement and is very dangerous. But we knew his injury history when we signed him.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Burelson now #2

It sounds like he will be healthy when the season starts. Tice is probably giving him and pepper time to get use to each other, and rewarding Nate for his progress and hard work!
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Burelson now #2

Nates the man i love the guy, great blocker good hands and very good route runner with pepps acuracy and his route running i can see him bein quite the posession WR.

I cant figure out why the hell we signed him for 4 years, hes like 30 years old, injury prone i just dont understand. Maybe he will do big things but he cant stay healthy for even half the season. We need to go into the draft and get us a big fast WR.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Burelson now #2

Nate is a very good reciever, I tought he would take over #2 by the end of the year anyway
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Burelson now #2

Yeah, both burley and campbell have really stepped up. I am really surprised in both of them, way to go guys!
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Burelson now #2

I'm a big fan of Burleson. When we acquired Robinson initially I was really worried that it was going to turn into another issue like the one that we had with Derrick Alexander. I think if Robinson could stay healthy he would be very beneficial to us, especially with the explosiveness of our offense and how we like to run 3 wide-outs. It should be interesting to watch and see if Campbell can out do him as I really like Kelly!

cheesefree is offline Starter

Burelson now #2

Tice kind of blasted Robinson in todays paper
    http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/4946398.html

Coach Mike Tice has not hidden his disappointment; he demoted Robinson to the No. 3 receiver's position and employed heavy sarcasm when asked about the situation Tuesday.

"He's one of those gifted athletes that I guess needs to be right all the time," Tice said.

"I don't know. I've never been right, so I don't know what it would feel like to be 100 percent. I guess he feels like in order to have his great abilities come through, he wants to feel better than he's feeling. So I'll respect that. We're deep at receiver."
    [b:6191debc1d]it ain t easy being cheesy[/b:6191debc1d]
    [img:6191debc1d]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p834fa46b07efd9e3efdcb7cb577f214e/f73f7170.jpg[/img:6191debc1d]

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Burelson now #2

If Robinson is healthy for the start of the regular season, then Burleson will be our #2 for the start of week one and that is about it. I bet robinson will still get most of the snaps as the #2 WR in that game. Robinson is way more talented and way more dangerous than burleson is, so there is no way the coaches would keep him on the bench long in 2 WR sets. However, it does sound like we are gonna be using a lot of 3 WR sets this year, so they both will probably be on the field together a lot of the time.

This is a good move though by tice. Burleson has had a great offseason and has looked very good in camp and preseason, so reward him for his hard work. I just don't see it lasting very long, if Robinson is healthy.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Burelson now #2

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    If Robinson is healthy for the start of the regular season, then Burleson will be our #2 for the start of week one and that is about it. I bet robinson will still get most of the snaps as the #2 WR in that game. Robinson is way more talented and way more dangerous than burleson is, so there is no way the coaches would keep him on the bench long in 2 WR sets. However, it does sound like we are gonna be using a lot of 3 WR sets this year, so they both will probably be on the field together a lot of the time.

This is a good move though by tice. Burleson has had a great offseason and has looked very good in camp and preseason, so reward him for his hard work. I just don't see it lasting very long, if Robinson is healthy.
    Agreed. Robinson and Burleson give us the ability to stretch the opposing defense more than we have been able to do in recent years. I really like what I have seen from Burleson but Marcus is just too good not to play.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters