Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Burelson heading to Seattle

Heres the story, by the way nice too meet yall.

Burelson officially gone

Although the Vikings had until 11 p.m. Central time tonight to match or decline the offer made by the Seahawks on Nate Burleson, VU has confirmed that the team has declined to match the offer and Burleson is officially a Seahawk.

Although the deal was reported as seven years for $49 million, in actuality it a four-year deal worth $4.5 million with $5.2 million of the deal guaranteed.

By declining the match, the Vikings receive a third-round pick from Seattle -- No. 95 overall. As a result, the Vikings have five picks in the top 100 -- Nos. 17, 48, 51, 83 and 95.

The most powerful character in Final Fantasy history

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Burelson heading to Seattle

Yup he is gone man it sucks

1000 yards n 7 TD's next year for Nate

I think the Vikings kinda jumped on the bandwagon of Burelson too early. I mean he was expected to replace Moss which definately didn't happen.

The most powerful character in Final Fantasy history

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

It was maybe too much for him to carry the load as #1 WR.

Still he battled some injuries last year, which also affected his performances somewhat.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

From Kffl.com

Vikings | Team will not match Burleson's offer sheet
    Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:59:02 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings decided not to match the Seattle Seahawks multi-year contract offer to WR Nate Burleson, Minnesota vice president Rob Brzezinski said Friday, March 31. The Vikings will receive a third-round pick from Seattle in next month's NFL Draft as compensation.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"vikenheel_zdl16" wrote:
    I think the Vikings kinda jumped on the bandwagon of Burelson too early. I mean he was expected to replace Moss which definately didn't happen.
    Nobody expected him to replace Moss.

mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

Vikings let Burleson go to Seattle

Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune
    Last update: March 31, 2006 – 5:30 PM

The Vikings won't match the seven-year, $49 million offer sheet receiver Nate Burleson signed with Seattle, according to a team official.
    Rob Brzezinski, the Vikings' vice president of football operations, said late Friday afternoon that the team will allow the restricted free agent to go to the Seahawks. In return, the Vikings will get Seattle's third-round draft choice in the NFL draft next month. The Vikings had until 11 tonight to make a decision.

That will give the Vikings five selections in the first three rounds or among the first 95 picks. Minnesota will pick 17th overall in the first round, as well as 48th and 51st in the second round and 83rd and 95th in the third.

In reality, Burleson's contract will be a four-year deal worth $14.5 million over four years. The seven-year, $49 million offer was identical to the one the Vikings gave Pro Bowl guard Steve Hutchinson to lure him away from the Seahawks.

That included a "poison pill" clause that caused some ill will between the teams. The Vikings' contract offer to Hutchinson contained language that it would become guaranteed if the Pro Bowl guard was not the highest-paid offensive lineman on his team at the time of the offer. The Seahawks contested this but lost in a ruling before a special master.

Seattle then came back and inserted two clauses in Burleson's offer that called for the receiver to be guaranteed the entire $49 million if he plays at least five games in the state of Minnesota, or if his average per year is more than the average of his team's highest-paid running back.

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/343970.html

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Gone with the wind...bye Burley...darn

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Well at least we get a 3rd rounder for him. We are losing a class act as far as I'm concerned however, it doesn't hurt too much.

Not anything I've heard but I predict the Vikings are going to try and trade up in the draft. Just an opinion. They will use their 1st, a 2nd rounder, and a third, along with Kleinsasser to move up in the draft. Maybe it will, maybe it won't but it's my prediction.

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

I think its hillarious that the media is making it sound like Seattle is getting payback through Burleson... Hutchinson is the best player for his position in the leauge, Burleson isnt. We got Hutch for free, Seattle had to pay a 3rd rounder... So how does that equal payback? We got a stud pro bowler and a 3rd round pick for a #2 WR. I think we won...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast