Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    So a team that drafts a player that fits their scheme, over a player with more talent, is going to be better than a team that drafts a player with the most talent, and tailors their scheme to utilize that talent.

Does not seem logical !
    Happens all the time. If you had a very talented kid that played OLB in a 3-4 scheme would you take him if you ran a 4-3 scheme knowing that the kid would be to big/slow to play in your scheme.?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    OK, I picked a bad example....Way to hang me out there old friend.....

Point still is, they could pass on a more talented guy if he doesn't fit what we need.
    Agreed, if you are looking at scheme some amy pass up quality guys. Where do you put Ogletree in a 3-4. I think he is a great fit in a 4-3 as a WILL Backer but I am not sure how he would fit in a 3-4. Granted I am not a defensive guru but that is my opinion.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Agreed, if you are looking at scheme some amy pass up quality guys. Where do you put Ogletree in a 3-4. I think he is a great fit in a 4-3 as a WILL Backer but I am not sure how he would fit in a 3-4. Granted I am not a defensive guru but that is my opinion.
    I looked at him a little but not enough to give an opinion as of yet.......Just about every board you look at he is all over the place not only in projected round, but projected position as well.

Cory Chavous site has him as a straight up LB
    DraftNasty.com :: Position List

Ourlads have him as an ILB
    Ourlads Pre Combine Top 100 2013 NFL Draft - 2/6/13

CBS has him as their 2nd ranked OLB
    NFL Draft - 2013 NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    So a team that drafts a player that fits their scheme, over a player with more talent, is going to be better than a team that drafts a player with the most talent, and tailors their scheme to utilize that talent.

Does not seem logical !
    No one ever seriously threw around the logic card anyways so take it for what it is worth.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Aren't you one of the cats who tried to convince me that the HC sat at the table in NY and sent the pick in? LOL
    Nope!

Especially considering the fact that at all the draft parties I went to at Winter Park, Childress was there. So how could he be in NY?

What kindof drivel are you spewing forth now. Are you going to sit here and try to tell me you understand the draft or FA process better than I?
    LOL! Yeah, no one knows the draft process or FA process or what the GM's role is better than Marrdro does.

And you base this expertise on what? Spreadsheets?
    Last edited by singersp; 02-08-2013 at 05:38 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

I looked at him a little but not enough to give an opinion as of yet.......Just about every board you look at he is all over the place not only in projected round, but projected position as well.

Cory Chavous site has him as a straight up LB
    DraftNasty.com :: Position List

Ourlads have him as an ILB
    Ourlads Pre Combine Top 100 2013 NFL Draft - 2/6/13

CBS has him as their 2nd ranked OLB
    NFL Draft - 2013 NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com
    He is listed at 236 lbs. so he would have to be a stud to take on NFL guards at the MIke pos. CBS is pretty accurate IMO, I think he would make a great Will in a 4-3 and chase the ball from the weak side. I think if he is in the right 3-4 defense he can be very dangerous, one team that would scare me if they got him would be the Pukers. I think he would be devastaing blitzing and coming off the back side and using his speed to catch our backs.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    No one ever seriously threw around the logic card anyways so take it for what it is worth.
    I hear you. I was just trying to gain a more complete understanding of Marrdro world, but he just gave the standard expected response. I guess it's safe to say the Vikings would have passed on RG III if he were available. That guy doesn't fit our scheme.
    As fans we can only extrapolate theories based limited information. You have to admit, our old friend Marrdro is one of the most prolific.
    Agree or disagree, his perspective is almost always interesting.

I hear you. I was just trying to gain a more complete understanding of Marrdro world, but he just gave the standard expected response. I guess it's safe to say the Vikings would have passed on RG III if he were available. That guy doesn't fit our scheme.
    As fans we can only extrapolate theories based limited information. You have to admit, our old friend Marrdro is one of the most prolific.
    Agree or disagree, his perspective is almost always interesting.
    The more I see of RGIII the more I am pessimistic of his impact in the NFL. Unless he changes his style he will be one of those great players who will wear the moniker of "when he is healthy". I love his style and he is very dangerous but if he doesn't learn to slide sooner and continues to act like a RB he will be done in a few years, I believe he only weighs a buck ninety, way too small to be taking hits by linebackers and Dlinemen.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    The more I see of RGIII the more I am pessimistic of his impact in the NFL. Unless he changes his style he will be one of those great players who will wear the moniker of "when he is healthy". I love his style and he is very dangerous but if he doesn't learn to slide sooner and continues to act like a RB he will be done in a few years, I believe he only weighs a buck ninety, way too small to be taking hits by linebackers and Dlinemen.
    That's why I think this, so called, new trend will be short lived. Personally, I have no idea why Shanahan would risk his health the way he did. RG III is an accurate passer with excellent intelligence; a real franchise quality QB who should only use his great speed to run when there is no other alternative.
    It is up to the coaching staff to save him from himself.

OK, I picked a bad example....Way to hang me out there old friend.....

Point still is, they could pass on a more talented guy if he doesn't fit what we need.
    Soory, I am with you on this thread, I don't know what came over me. My friend, please keep on the spreadsheets!!!!!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910