ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Buffalo QB showing leadership

[size=12pt]Buffalo QB showing leadership[/size]

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/706470.html

Buffalo Bills quarterback J.P. Losman wasn't popular among veteran teammates a year ago in part because then-coach Mike Mularkey essentially handed him a starting job in just his second NFL season.
    Indications are Losman is changing some of those opinions and has become more of a leader this season because new Bills coach Dick Jauron made him compete with Kelly Holcomb and newly signed Craig Nall during the offseason.

"I think that has helped him in his confidence and his leadership and probably in the eyes of the team, since they're all competing for jobs too," Jauron said. "He was in the same boat. I think he's done a really nice job. I really can't say enough about the job he's done to date."

Losman, the 22nd pick of the 2004 draft out of Tulane, is coming off career highs in passing yards (328), completions (22) and attempts (38). But he also showed signs of someone making only his 11th career NFL start, losing two fumbles and throwing his first interception of the season in a 28-20 loss to the New York Jets at home.

Next up is a Vikings defense that ranks 12th overall (287.3 yards per game) and 15th against the pass (200.3).

"The Vikings have a good, aggressive defense with a lot of nice players that make plays," said Bills running back Willis McGahee, who rushed for a career-high 150 yards last week. "It's going to be a tough battle."

Despite a 1-2 record this season and a 2-9 overall record as an NFL starter, Losman has elevated his play this season. His statistics are similar to Vikings quarterback Brad Johnson. Losman has completed 60.8 percent of his passes for 575 yards, two touchdowns, one interception and an 86.2 passer rating. Johnson has completed 60.9 percent of his passes for 660 yards, one touchdown, one interception and an 81.8 passer rating.

"J.P. is coming around," McGahee said when asked if Losman had improved as a team leader. "I would say he's a whole lot better than what he was last year. He's actually sitting in the pocket, making the reads and making the throws. You can just tell that he's actually developing a whole lot more than what he was from last year."

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Buffalo QB showing leadership

He had to compete with NFL superstars Kelly Holcombe and Craig Nall?!?!

I'm shaking in my boots. Better throw in the towel while we're ahead.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Buffalo QB a douchebag

[color=red]

Random tidbit...

Moore on Losman

Minnesota running back Mewelde Moore played at Tulane with Buffalo quarterback J.P. Losman. Moore has no interest in playing with Losman again.

"I just didn't like the way he played ball the last two years at Tulane," Moore said. "You are what you are. He's a great player, and he'll be a great player once he plays total team ball and sells out for the team and not for himself.

"We could have been a great team our senior year and reaped the benefits. But he kind of took a big turn ... and he just kind of tanked. I didn't like that. I wish the best to him. I just don't have any interest in playing with him."

Although twice named team captain, Losman apparently lacked the necessary leadership skills to lead Tulane to success, according to his former teammate.

Moore also indicated that Losman's selfishness affected Tulane's effectiveness as a team.

10/05

Even babies know the difference.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    Random tidbit...

Moore on Losman

Minnesota running back Mewelde Moore played at Tulane with Buffalo quarterback J.P. Losman. Moore has no interest in playing with Losman again.

"I just didn't like the way he played ball the last two years at Tulane," Moore said. "You are what you are. He's a great player, and he'll be a great player once he plays total team ball and sells out for the team and not for himself.

"We could have been a great team our senior year and reaped the benefits. But he kind of took a big turn ... and he just kind of tanked. I didn't like that. I wish the best to him. I just don't have any interest in playing with him."

Although twice named team captain, Losman apparently lacked the necessary leadership skills to lead Tulane to success, according to his former teammate.

Moore also indicated that Losman's selfishness affected Tulane's effectiveness as a team.

10/05

Losman acting like a douchebag? Surprise surprise!
    :