Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Reverence? Where is it deserved? I know Grant was a great coach, but I'm sure he would rather be viewed as an average coach who won a couple super bowls. We have had some excellent players and some good-great coaches, but if you want your history to be "revered" you better win some super bowls.
    You may consider my expectations adjusted after reading this post.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    It seems that since he has been gone nearly 3 decades that it might be time for the organization to build a new "glory days" rather than just relying on the fading memories of the old ones.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    You may consider my expectations adjusted after reading this post.
    I'm not sure if that's a jab or a compliment.

But considering the source, I will assume the best. And thank you.
    Last edited by 12purplepride28; 10-05-2011 at 10:45 AM.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    It seems that since he has been gone nearly 3 decades that it might be time for the organization to build a new "glory days" rather than just relying on the fading memories of the old ones.
    Exactly. This is pretty much what I'm saying. It's depressing that the Vikings "Glory Days" resulted in zero Super Bowls.

Everyone takes Bud Grant's opinion as scripture... why?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Exactly. This is pretty much what I'm saying. It's depressing that the Vikings "Glory Days" resulted in zero Super Bowls.

Everyone takes Bud Grant's opinion as scripture... why?
    maybe due to the fact that all of the players that played for him have nothing but good things to say about him, even though the way coaches operated were far more 'harsher' than the way coaches work today. I can't say I've ever heard players or even fans be like that about coaches since - everyone has something to say about Dennis Green, Mike Tice, Childress and even Frazier.
    Maybe the fact that the Vikes organisation went back to him to coach again after the Les Steckel debacle indicates the respect that he was held in by the organisation then and since.
    How about that some people get respect even though they don't win the ultimate prize but conduct themselves in such a way that others have such an opinion of them.
    When you get older you'll realise that fact but it will come eventually.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    maybe due to the fact that all of the players that played for him have nothing but good things to say about him, even though the way coaches operated were far more 'harsher' than the way coaches work today. I can't say I've ever heard players or even fans be like that about coaches since - everyone has something to say about Dennis Green, Mike Tice, Childress and even Frazier.
    Maybe the fact that the Vikes organization went back to him to coach again after the Les Steckel debacle indicates the respect that he was held in by the organization then and since.
    How about that some people get respect even though they don't win the ultimate prize but conduct themselves in such a way that others have such an opinion of them.
    When you get older you'll realize that fact but it will come eventually.
    Amen!!! Preach it brother!!!

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Lol crazy that this article comes from my hometown newspaper in Columbus Indiana. So random. Nothing but Colts homers around those parts. I know it's from the Trib, I just don't know why the Republic published it, or how Singer found it. Anyways, back on topic. I absolutely love this article. It's saying the exact same things that I've been saying for a couple weeks about Leslie. We have to support him! This is his first full season as a Head Coach in the NFL. He is going have some stuggles. His sample size isn't even close to big enough to start calling for his head. Just overreaction by frustrated fans. I do finally agree to put McNabb on the bench, but I understand keeping him in the game as well. First of all, we would have to cut him if we benched him. Second of all, our first round pick would get killed behind this offensive line. We will give Ponder his chance this season, but it's not going to be this early. He will probably start the second half of the season, or maybe less.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    Maybe the fact that the Vikes organisation went back to him to coach again after the Les Steckel debacle indicates the respect that he was held in by the organisation then and since.
    When you get older you'll realise that fact but it will come eventually.
    Either that, or you've learned to settle for (and even glorify) mediocrity.

(I might be young, but I know how to spell "realize")
    Last edited by C Mac D; 10-05-2011 at 04:53 PM.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Article kind of helps me see Les in a better light. I like his personal moves. I think keeping Sauce Shank and Rudolph, and no FB was smart, almost Belichick like. We can keep bring out the same personal but we can line up so many different ways.

However the coaches in game decisions haven't been great, we've lost 4 very close games. Also it's not like this is Frazier's first rodeo so to speak, he had last year to learn from..

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post

(I might be young, but I know how to spell "realize")
    Apparently not. You seem to have forgotten that Anglo is not from the USA.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast