singersp is online now PPO Newshound

Re: Bud calls MeMo a

"Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp
    ...You guys are missing my point completely. It's not about who is a better coach, my point was about what both coaches said about Memo.

Both men said essentially the same thing about Memo. One you chastized for it, one you praised for it.

Make up your minds. If Bud is right then Tice was right. You can't bash one & not bash the other.

Has everyone besides me forgotten about the multi-page thread when Tice benched Memo because he wet nursed his injury & didn't show the attitude that he wanted to play? :wink:

The difference is that Meathead was willing to bench someone because they hurt his feelings. Grant via Childress plan on benching someone if they lack consistent production (i.e., ...are a "meow").
    :scratch: What makes you think that Tice benched Memo soley because you think his feeling were hurt?

From what I read, Memo was benched because he blew off practice & didn't tell anyone & he showed no attitude or desire to want to play while he was on the sidelines.
    I was going off on a bit of a tangent. I remember Tice benching people for arbitrary reasons. As far as MeMo goes I've been consistent in my thinking that he is at best an average, or more likely, a below average RB.

Here is a blurb about the Tice/MeMo deal from last year:

KFFL
    Vikings | M. Moore back in doghouse - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 11 Dec 2005 20:11:52 -0800

Anthony Maggio, of KFAN.com, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Mewelde Moore (quadriceps) is back in head coach Mike Tice's doghouse for a lack of toughness. Moore injured his quadriceps during the Week 13 game, a game where he was only in on one play. Tice joked that he didn't know how Moore injured himself since he was hardly on the field. Moore claims he was available to do more than just punt return duties during Week 14, but Tice claims Moore wasn't around to be asked to do much of anything. Tice said, "When you look on the bench and you turn around and you bump into a guy, that's a guy that wants to go in the game. When you turn around on the bench and you can't find the guy, that's a guy that doesn't want to go in the game. That's kind of the way it is."
    So, your argument is for people judging statements differently based on what Tice said and what Grant said. The credibility of someone's statements is only as good as their reputation. Tice earned his paltry reputation.

Another blurb from the past:

KFFL
    Vikings | Players Hear a Different Message from Tice - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 4 Oct 2005 20:30:39 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings players may have heard a different message from head coach Mike Tice than he may have intended at an 80-minute meeting Monday, Oct. 3. The meeting left some players wondering if their coach was on the verge of resigning after an embarrassing 30-10 loss in Atlanta. "The point of the meeting was, 'We're one-quarter into the season. Of course we're all frustrated. Of course we all have had thoughts of what we can do better. But none of us can quit right now. We need to battle our way through it,' " Tice said. But three players said Tice told them he contemplated resigning hours after the Vikings' blowout loss to the Falcons, a point two players considered deplorable. One starter said Tice delivered a "rambling resignation speech." "He quit on us," the starter said. "I lost all respect for him." "You could tell he gave up on us," another player said. According to that player, Tice also said he would not be surprised if Vikings owner Zygi Wilf made a coaching change.
    Most of our interpretations on what is really going on are just biased opinions from blurbs of information. I'm still sticking to Tice earning his Meathead reputation...it didn't help that Redneck was such a tightwad bastard that he let an interim coach that was unprepared stay at the helm for longer than the last game of his first season.
    Meathead or not, I was still behind his benching of Memo. Bud would have done the same thing.

And I totally agree with you on this; "Redneck was such a tightwad bastard".
    Agreed.

On a sidenote, one of the happiest days of my life as a Vikings' fan was when Meathead's contract was not renewed. The hiring of a new coaching staff did more for the potential success of the Vikings than any other offseason move this year. I'm not sold on the new coaching staff, but I was sold on Tice and co. being pathetic excuses for coaches at the NFL level.

Back to the topic at hand....MeMo, prove you are not a "meow" to the coaching staff. We need a solid RB corps to complement the line. It appears to me that with the solid O-line and depth and FB power that even a marginal RB will look average or better once they gell.
    I will always be curious as to what Tice could have done with a coaching staff of the caliber Childress gets to work with.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Bud calls MeMo a "meow".

Really, Singer, as much as I liked Tice as a "regular" guy he wouldn't have done much better. There was just something about Tice's demenour that didn't grab the attention of the players. He was more of a buddy to them, I think.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Really, Singer, as much as I liked Tice as a "regular" guy he wouldn't have done much better. There was just something about Tice's demenour that didn't grab the attention of the players. He was more of a buddy to them, I think.
    I would say he was a pushover, and he seemed too lenient.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

That's always been the knock on MeMo...I think he could be a Pro Bowl back if he'd just stay healthy. I think it may be better this year though, because Chester will most likely be the featured back which means MeMo will see less carries and won't have to worry quite as much about injury.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I think that MeMo is in the same position as a lot of players this season, the coaching staff is going to evaluate players this season on their play and their attitudes and at the end of the season the players that don't have what it takes or have a winners attitude are gone!

List of players that I think need to prove themselves.

Memo
    Napolean Harris
    EJ Henderson
    Dontarius Thomas
    Kenechi Udeze
    Fred Smoot
    Chris Lewinski
    Mike Rosenthal
    Willie Offord
    Adam Goldberg
    Herrera
    Troy Williamson
    Marcus Robinson

I don't think that this coaching staff will put up with subpar effort or attitude.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

most of the linemen you listed there will just be back ups this year =P

other than that i agree with your list

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Where does it in that quote he say meow?
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345