Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Bud calls MeMo a "meow".

I'm sure MeMo bye now realizes his one only nagging flaw.This year is his to show what he can do behind a monster of a line.I know Chester is the premier back, but MeMo will get his share of plays.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I'd be surprised if Childress actually likes getting advice from Bud. Childress seems to have his own opinions already on how to HC a football team.
    I would think most people would be more than happy to listen to one of the greatest coaches ever. Childress may have his own agenda, but those who make it to the top and stay there, still usually take advice from those who have been there before, espeicaly when it's coming from an ex-coach who happens to be in the Hall of Fame....

Not saying Childress will do what Bud suggest, but I'll bet my last 2 cents, he listens and listens with open ears......

IMO Childress is one of the first guys I think would listen to Bud.Childress often refers to coaches and players that have influenced him.Hes a smart cookie.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

i really hope MeMo can prove himself, he's a hell of an athlete, he's got a lot of work to do

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Geesh I love the advice..its coming!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Bud calls MeMo a Pussy.

Bud didn't say anything different than what Tice did last year.

Tice sat Memos ass down when he was wet nursing injuries & played Bennett instead.

Difference here is when Tice said it, many people here said he was a meathead, not HC material & chastized him most of the rest of the season for it.

Now that Bud says it, I don't hear those same people bad mouthing Bud for it. As a matter of fact it's quite the opposite. Hmmmm! :wink:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Bud calls MeMo a

"singersp" wrote:

Tice sat Memos jiggly butt down when he was wet nursing injuries & played Bennett instead.

Difference here is when Tice said it, many people here said he was a meathead, not HC material & chastized him most of the rest of the season for it.

Now that Bud says it, I don't hear those same people bad mouthing Bud for it. As a matter of fact it's quite the opposite. Hmmmm! :wink:
    Hate to say it Singer but I will, how can you even put Tice's name in the same sentence as Bud Grants?....

Tice will never make the Hall of Fame, and I'de bet my house on that...

I always said one thing about Tice and today I'll say the same, Tice is not Head Coach Material, he may be a great position coach, maybe even a good O assistent coach, but head coaching material he is not.

Tice's biggest downfall is he gets to buddy buddy with his players.....

Fine for a position coach, but not a head coach...

And as far as Memo is concerned, I feel he still has great potential, as long as he doesn't let minor injuries determine if he is going to or wants to play.....

As for last year, he was hurt, just how bad I don't personaly know, but his injuries could have been worse than anyone really wanted us to know...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Ned, he put Tice in the same sentence as Bud Grant because what he said was exactly correct - Tice did say almost the exact same thing as Grant

like it or not dip§hit's and legends can share the same thoughts

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Tice sat Memos jiggly butt down when he was wet nursing injuries & played Bennett instead.

Hate to say it Singer but I will, how can you even put Tice's name in the same sentence as Bud Grants?....

I always said one thing about Tice and today I'll say the same, Tice is not Head Coach Material, he may be a great position coach, maybe even a good O assistent coach, but head coaching material he is not.

And as far as Memo is concerned, I feel he still has great potential, as long as he doesn't let minor injuries determine if he is going to or wants to play.....

As for last year, he was hurt, just how bad I don't personaly know, but his injuries could have been worse than anyone really wanted us to know...
    Never say never, buddy!

Year 1: 6-10
    Year 3: 7-9
    Year 4: 11-5 (1-1 in playoffs)
    Year 5: 5-11 (fired)
    Total record: 36-44 (1-1)

This guy look like a HOF coach to you???

Well, that was Bill Belichick's record in his first coaching stint. And while I'm not QUITE ready to put Tice in the same class as Belichick, you just never know what Tice could end up doing...you NEVER know! (and I would HATE to see you lose your house over it!) :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

we'll see how he fares in jacksonville =P

- Dan Calabrese

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Never say never, buddy!

Year 1: 6-10
    Year 4: 11-5 (1-1 in playoffs)
    Year 5: 5-11 (fired)
    Total record: 36-44 (1-1)

This guy look like a HOF coach to you???

Well, that was Bill Belichick's record in his first coaching stint. And while I'm not QUITE ready to put Tice in the same class as Belichick, you just never know what Tice could end up doing...you NEVER know! (and I would HATE to see you lose your house over it!) :lol:
    Not worried about the house at all Cajun, I'll say it again and not even shed one drop of sweat about it......Tice will never be honored as a head coach in the NFL...

Mater of fact, I bet he never gets offered a head coaching job again, unless some freak of nature act happens, like the head coach of a team dropping dead from a heart attach and Tice having to step in....

Then a whole bunch of people would be having heart attacks... :lol:

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast