Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Buccaneers O-Line as bad as Advertised

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I am not stepping on my eggs before they are cooked in the skillet.

I mean I am not counting sheep until the jump.

I also don't believe in killing two chickens with one stone, I like to use one axe in particular.

It is like splitting hairs on the back of a camel that broke his back.

Just because they are young doesn't mean the can't step it up. I am more worried about our line performing at a consistant level without false starts and holding penalties.
    Not only that but one of the guys won the job by playing well. I have a feeling ole C. Williams may have a pretty good debut for the bucks, he has done some good things in the offseason.

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Don't be making fun of someone else's O-Line untill we see how ours does, I'm confident in our tackles but the interior scares me.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

I really expect our D to get sacks and picks. I started their fantasy defense over Buffalo. I think Griese will get killed! Cadillac may get some yards, but soon in the game they will be passing a lot.

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

Del Rio Guest

Hell even Mckinnie is always getting beat by the quicker ends. The O-line is definately a point of concern.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Our line is not as bad as some people would like to obsess about it being. It just is new compared to last year and like the defense in a few weeks we will wondering why we ever brought this up.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

The O-line just needs time to jel just like the defence. Tice couldn't seem to settle on his starters during training camp, and that combined with the Birk thing, means that our starting O-line has only been together for about a week and a half. If you look at the line, its not really a bad unit, but they're just getting used to each other for the time being. In a week or two, they'll be fine, especially not that Jimmy K is back, and we'll be running the ball down everyone's throats.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

On Defense, look for us to put 8 in the box and stop the run. Griese then will be an easy target when forced to pass.... Can't Wait...Skol

Del Rio Guest

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    The O-line just needs time to jel just like the defence. Tice couldn't seem to settle on his starters during training camp, and that combined with the Birk thing, means that our starting O-line has only been together for about a week and a half. If you look at the line, its not really a bad unit, but they're just getting used to each other for the time being. In a week or two, they'll be fine, especially not that Jimmy K is back, and we'll be running the ball down everyone's throats.
    The o-line being bad isn't a new thing.

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

FuadFan

I disagree I have not been impressed with Corey Winthrow at all, plus if it was so set why did the vikes trade for that center from Cleveland.

One other point is let me say a thing or two about Dan Buenning. I saw him play a lot over the last four years here at University of Wisconsin. He is a nasty nasty player and works to punish people, his technique is very sound and if he gets in rythem he can really drive block. Yet he does from time to time gets frustrated by pass blocking schemes and had a difficult time with stunts.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12