Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Brzezinski next in line?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    If there is anyone on the vikings staff who deserves an extension its Brzezinski.
    He's the reason that we're in such good cap position year after year, allowing us to go out there and sign that hugely overpriced FA contract.
    that is so true, give the guy the money!
    Although I agree with you in that he does give the players good contracts at a good value for both the player and the organization, lets see how you feel about the middle of the season and Birk isn't extended.

You gonna be blaming him, Spielman or the Chiller?

:

Marr,
    I would first start by blaming BIRK himself!
    He's forgotten how to get his job done and he's been a bit of a slacker if you ask me....He just hasn't been right since his surgerys....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    If there is anyone on the vikings staff who deserves an extension its Brzezinski.
    He's the reason that we're in such good cap position year after year, allowing us to go out there and sign that hugely overpriced FA contract.
    Although I agree with you in that he does give the players good contracts at a good value for both the player and the organization, lets see how you feel about the middle of the season and Birk isn't extended.

:

Marr,

He's forgotten how to get his job done and he's been a bit of a slacker if you ask me....He just hasn't been right since his surgerys....
    Birk should have some of the blame I guess when you put it that way but ultimately it is the organization as a whole who will be the ones who bring him back or not.

Coaches will evaluate his play and role with the team.
    Player Personnel people will determine if his role can be replaced by someone else
    Bryzcheapski will offer a contract that is in line with what the two other legs of the triad say.

Birk will either agree and sign his contract or disagree and believe he is worth more and then move on to another team.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:

:

Marr,

Birk should have some of the blame I guess when you put it that way but ultimately it is the organization as a whole who will be the ones who bring him back or not.

Player Personnel people will determine if his role can be replaced by someone else
    Bryzcheapski will offer a contract that is in line with what the two other legs of the triad say.

Birk will either agree and sign his contract or disagree and believe he is worth more and then move on to another team.
    There is also the chance the team decides to tag him for another season

Chazz is offline Coordinator

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=43821.msg753786#msg753786 date=1207350661]

:

Marr,

[/quote]

They could...but I find that highly unlikely.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Chazz" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=DustinDupont link=topic=43821.msg753859#msg753859 date=1207372672]
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=43821.msg753786#msg753786 date=1207350661]

:

Marr,

[/quote]

They could...but I find that highly unlikely.
    [/quote]
    Yea I gotta agree with Chazz on that one.
    I don't see them using a tag on anyone next year and that includes Matt.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:

:

Marr,
    I don't think he's been slacking at all. Affected by his injury & age perhaps, but to say he's not going out there & giving 100% is IMO, off base.

Even after his surgery, Birk was on the sidelines helping the team, especially the replacement center in any way he could.

Even at less than what were used to seeing out of Birk, he's still one of the best centers in the league.

We as Viking fans have been spoiled with always having damn good starting centers. Tinglehoff, Lowdermilk, Christy & Birk have all been damn good centers.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Hopefully Brzezinski doesn't go anywhere.
    He has been a major contributor in setting the table for the cap freedom we've had and the luxury to be creative in Free Agency...which, allowed us to iterate the building of the team by addressing two glaring weaknesses in the offseason.
    Give the man his money.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12