Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 113
  1. #101
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Bryant McKinnie out clubbing, gettin' wit da ladies

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=43204.msg740957#msg740957 date=1205647859]
    I said he didn't do anything illegal in the video :
    Everyone was reacting like he was doing something terrible.

    Again you said the samething i knews you were going to say,
    "if that was me, i wouldn't do that"
    Yeah right! Absolute power corupts absolutely. I would never do that and the president would never have have sex with an intern in the white house. A governer known for cracking down on immoral activity would never take part in immoral activity himself. My point is...We have bigger issues plauging this country and shouldn't focusing on Mac pulling down some skanks pants that wanted him to pull it down. It could of been his girlfriend for all we know. Lastly, i won't pretend to know me but you idea of partying may not fit a the same defination of a 6'8 black wealthy player. Perharps you don't even like clubs, maybe you don't like hip - hop. However, we wouldn't be having this conversation if this was Hutchenson in a rock and roll club.
    The floop we wouldn't.

    Why the hell is it so difficult for some of these members to understand that these Vikings players sign a "Code of Conduct" before playing in the NFL?

    Why the hell is it so difficult for some of these members to understand that the NFL has a policy a long with many rules & regulations the players need to live by?

    They just don't fricken get it.

    McKinnie is on thin ice as it is after his muff diving incident, his assault on a bouncer & the street fight, yet instead of taking better control of his life, he continues to make himself a spotlight for the media.

    While he might not have done anything illegal in the eyes of the law, he may have violated both league & team policies & without a doubt, his morals, ethics, character & reputation come into question.

    When the Wilfs bought this team, they vowed to clean up the publics image of this team, the teams reputation & to once again gain public respect of the Vikings. It is essential if we ever want to get a new stadium for this team.

    The front office has already weeded off some players who might be seen as bad in the publics eye & are very careful in selecting players of good morals & character. Perhaps this is why you don't see them targeting superstar players with primadona type attitudes.

    McKinnie's behavior as of late has done nothing to improve that image, but rather make it worse.

    While you might think it's cool & admirable that he's getting his groove on with some bimbo gold diggers in a bar, rest assured there are thousands of voters & tax payers in this state who have a voice on the new stadium proposal who don't.
    How old is this video. Was it before or after the stripper incident. That's the issue. We all assume tha this is a new video. If we want to get a stadium built we need to take this team to the upper teir of the league. Trust me it has nothing to do with character. It has everything to do with winning and until we understand that we will never get a stadium built. I thought you watched this season and understoood how winning cures all ails in a fanbase. If the Pats had faultered during the season, Billy Belichek would hav ebeen ridden hard all season long. Instead they started winning and everyone was forced to eat crow and talk about how great they were. If the Pats were facing a stadium build, they would have gotten it this season.
    Going 9-7 with a clean team won't get it done. So lets keep claiming to have the best character team in the league and see how far that gets us. The most important hing in this league is talent. You need a good balance of talent and chracter. The day you start puting chracter ahead of talent, you're giving up on you team.

    I don't think it's cool. I think it's parying. Young people party. It's what they do. He's a young guy and he didn't do anything wrong. This is some video on some obscure blog. I doubt that thousands of voters have seen this video. I guareentee you that if the Vikes win the Superbowl or two, the stadium will become reality. Unforunately we just aren't a top teir team and we will continue to get treated as such until we win.

    Well since the Wilf's, Childress & the scouts are looking for players with great character & talent, I guess what you are saying is that they, along with yourself have given up on the Vikings.

    What good is a player with a lot of talent but poor character & getting into trouble going to do you when they are suspended for several games during the NFL season?


    You just can't grasp what the Vikings "Code of Conduct" is all about, can you?

    [size=13pt]Vikings unveil 77-page player code of conduct[/size]
    No, please explain it for the dumb people around here.
    I myself have indications that is about World War II
    I've been here long enough to see some pretty strange pooh & far fetched ideas. Anything is possible. Here's a classic;

    "24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"
    [/quote]

    Haha, fair enough.

    But still I don't think the underlying issue of this argument is the understanding of what a personal conduct code is.

  2. #102
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,854

    Re: Bryant McKinnie out clubbing, gettin' wit da ladies

    "singersp" wrote:

    Well since the Wilf's, Childress & the scouts are looking for players with great character & talent, I guess what you are saying is that they, along with yourself have given up on the Vikings.

    What good is a player with a lot of talent but poor character & getting into trouble going to do you when they are suspended for several games during the NFL season?

    You just can't grasp what the Vikings "Code of Conduct" is all about, can you?
    [size=13pt]Vikings unveil 77-page player code of conduct[/size]
    What is the Vikings code of contact?
    If you would read my statment, I said you need a good balance of both talent and character. However, when you start putting value character over talent, you are building for medicre. You need talented players with charaters. What has our Code of Contact gotten us so far? Exactly where we were with the "trouble makers" of he past regime. In fact we would have won about 6 games with out the gifts of AD, which we lucked out on.


  3. #103
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Bryant McKinnie out clubbing, gettin' wit da ladies

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

    Well since the Wilf's, Childress & the scouts are looking for players with great character & talent, I guess what you are saying is that they, along with yourself have given up on the Vikings.

    What good is a player with a lot of talent but poor character & getting into trouble going to do you when they are suspended for several games during the NFL season?

    You just can't grasp what the Vikings "Code of Conduct" is all about, can you?
    [size=13pt]Vikings unveil 77-page player code of conduct[/size]
    What is the Vikings code of contact?
    If you would read my statment, I said you need a good balance of both talent and character. However, when you start putting value character over talent, you are building for medicre. You need talented players with charaters. What has our Code of Contact gotten us so far? Exactly where we were with the "trouble makers" of he past regime. In fact we would have won about 6 games with out the gifts of AD, which we lucked out on.

    Are you saying guys who don't drink and whore around, put family first and work in the community aren't top notch ball players?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #104
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Bryant McKinnie out clubbing, gettin' wit da ladies

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

    Well since the Wilf's, Childress & the scouts are looking for players with great character & talent, I guess what you are saying is that they, along with yourself have given up on the Vikings.

    What good is a player with a lot of talent but poor character & getting into trouble going to do you when they are suspended for several games during the NFL season?

    You just can't grasp what the Vikings "Code of Conduct" is all about, can you?
    [size=13pt]Vikings unveil 77-page player code of conduct[/size]
    What is the Vikings code of contact?
    If you would read my statment, I said you need a good balance of both talent and character. However, when you start putting value character over talent, you are building for medicre. You need talented players with charaters. What has our Code of Contact gotten us so far? Exactly where we were with the "trouble makers" of he past regime. In fact we would have won about 6 games with out the gifts of AD, which we lucked out on.

    Are you saying guys who don't drink and whore around, put family first and work in the community aren't top notch ball players?
    No.
    He said when you put morals ahead of talent all the time you can end up with mediocre football with nothing but stand up guys.
    Not saying people with morals are worse football players.

  5. #105
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,854

    Re: Bryant McKinnie out clubbing, gettin' wit da ladies

    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

    Well since the Wilf's, Childress & the scouts are looking for players with great character & talent, I guess what you are saying is that they, along with yourself have given up on the Vikings.

    What good is a player with a lot of talent but poor character & getting into trouble going to do you when they are suspended for several games during the NFL season?

    You just can't grasp what the Vikings "Code of Conduct" is all about, can you?
    [size=13pt]Vikings unveil 77-page player code of conduct[/size]
    What is the Vikings code of contact?
    If you would read my statment, I said you need a good balance of both talent and character. However, when you start putting value character over talent, you are building for medicre. You need talented players with charaters. What has our Code of Contact gotten us so far? Exactly where we were with the "trouble makers" of he past regime. In fact we would have won about 6 games with out the gifts of AD, which we lucked out on.

    Are you saying guys who don't drink and whore around, put family first and work in the community aren't top notch ball players?
    No.
    He said when you put morals ahead of talent all the time you can end up with mediocre football with nothing but stand up guys.
    Not saying people with morals are worse football players.
    Thank you! I couldn't say it better. This is football not bible study. Having a good balance is important. I'll let you guys keep preaching the importance of charater, i'll rather peach on balance. If MAC an idiot for hitting that bouncer? Hell yes, do I want him off the team because of it? Nope! Good teams need stability. I can't preach that enough to you. Stability! It's the reason, why i stopped calling for Childress' head. I would much rather have a coach like Marty than childress but, i realize what theis team nee dmost is an oppotunity to gel. Changing a pivital position like LT will se the team back possibly 2 years.

  6. #106
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Bryant McKinnie out clubbing, gettin' wit da ladies

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

    Well since the Wilf's, Childress & the scouts are looking for players with great character & talent, I guess what you are saying is that they, along with yourself have given up on the Vikings.

    What good is a player with a lot of talent but poor character & getting into trouble going to do you when they are suspended for several games during the NFL season?

    You just can't grasp what the Vikings "Code of Conduct" is all about, can you?
    [size=13pt]Vikings unveil 77-page player code of conduct[/size]
    What is the Vikings code of contact?
    If you would read my statment, I said you need a good balance of both talent and character. However, when you start putting value character over talent, you are building for medicre. You need talented players with charaters. What has our Code of Contact gotten us so far? Exactly where we were with the "trouble makers" of he past regime. In fact we would have won about 6 games with out the gifts of AD, which we lucked out on.

    Are you saying guys who don't drink and whore around, put family first and work in the community aren't top notch ball players?
    No.
    He said when you put morals ahead of talent all the time you can end up with mediocre football with nothing but stand up guys.
    Not saying people with morals are worse football players.
    Thank you! I couldn't say it better. This is football not bible study. Having a good balance is important. I'll let you guys keep preaching the importance of charater, i'll rather peach on balance. If MAC an idiot for hitting that bouncer? Hell yes, do I want him off the team because of it? Nope! Good teams need stability. I can't preach that enough to you. Stability! It's the reason, why i stopped calling for Childress' head. I would much rather have a coach like Marty than childress but, i realize what theis team nee dmost is an oppotunity to gel. Changing a pivital position like LT will se the team back possibly 2 years.
    Thanks for clarifying.
    It was the "However" that kindof threw me.

    I agree in stability and thats why I am so pissed that Big Mac decided to violate team (and possibly NFL) rules/regs/expectations.

    Think about it, right or wrong, would we be even having this discussion if Big Mac didn't get in trouble?
    Something is gonna happen.
    Either the team or the league will have to do something.
    I am guessing the team will because of the public perception of the whole mess.

    Very sad that we are in this mess if you ask me.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #107
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,216

    Re: Bryant McKinnie out clubbing, gettin' wit da ladies

    Coaches still trying to fill their rosters have little choice but to factor in a player's propensity for trouble.

    Vikings coach Brad Childress, for example, needs players he can count on to be available, not more like Fred Evans, a defensive tackle suspended for two games by Goodell after two arrests in a calendar year.

    "Roger has been extremely proactive about that, I don't see any downside to that," Childress said. "You need good football players who are good people and I think that is a mandate from the commissioner."


    http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080316/SPORTS/803160322/1006


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #108
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,854

    Re: Bryant McKinnie out clubbing, gettin' wit da ladies

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=43204.msg741304#msg741304 date=1205715378]

    Well since the Wilf's, Childress & the scouts are looking for players with great character & talent, I guess what you are saying is that they, along with yourself have given up on the Vikings.

    What good is a player with a lot of talent but poor character & getting into trouble going to do you when they are suspended for several games during the NFL season?

    You just can't grasp what the Vikings "Code of Conduct" is all about, can you?
    [size=13pt]Vikings unveil 77-page player code of conduct[/size]
    What is the Vikings code of contact?
    If you would read my statment, I said you need a good balance of both talent and character. However, when you start putting value character over talent, you are building for medicre. You need talented players with charaters. What has our Code of Contact gotten us so far? Exactly where we were with the "trouble makers" of he past regime. In fact we would have won about 6 games with out the gifts of AD, which we lucked out on.

    Are you saying guys who don't drink and whore around, put family first and work in the community aren't top notch ball players?
    No.
    He said when you put morals ahead of talent all the time you can end up with mediocre football with nothing but stand up guys.
    Not saying people with morals are worse football players.
    Thank you! I couldn't say it better. This is football not bible study. Having a good balance is important. I'll let you guys keep preaching the importance of charater, i'll rather peach on balance. If MAC an idiot for hitting that bouncer? Hell yes, do I want him off the team because of it? Nope! Good teams need stability. I can't preach that enough to you. Stability! It's the reason, why i stopped calling for Childress' head. I would much rather have a coach like Marty than childress but, i realize what theis team nee dmost is an oppotunity to gel. Changing a pivital position like LT will se the team back possibly 2 years.
    Thanks for clarifying.

    It was the "However" that kindof threw me.

    I agree in stability and thats why I am so pissed that Big Mac decided to violate team (and possibly NFL) rules/regs/expectations.

    Think about it, right or wrong, would we be even having this discussion if Big Mac didn't get in trouble?
    Something is gonna happen.
    Either the team or the league will have to do something.
    I am guessing the team will because of the public perception of the whole mess.

    Very sad that we are in this mess if you ask me.
    [/quote]

    Honestly, none of my friends have even heard about this situation. I expect that by the time the season starts it will be old news. He probally will be suspended based on his past history and this event. I just wishe dhe would have been a bit more reflective afer the death of his team mate at Taylor @ MIA.
    I don't think that this is be all over the news unless he is suspended and it gives the Hacks something to talk about instead of actually doing research on our team.


  9. #109
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bryant McKinnie out clubbing, gettin' wit da ladies

    Well they got Fred Evans from Miami last year while he was being charged with Battery,resisting arrest and trespassing so apparently they leave some room for interpretation in those 77 pages.

  10. #110
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,216

    Re: Bryant McKinnie out clubbing, gettin' wit da ladies

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Well they got Fred Evans from Miami last year while he was being charged with Battery,resisting arrest and trespassing so apparently they leave some room for interpretation in those 77 pages.
    That move surprised me as well.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Q&A with Bryant McKinnie
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 06:56 PM
  2. Bryant McKinnie
    By urvaday in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 01:37 AM
  3. Bryant Mckinnie
    By vikings11_27 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 01:59 AM
  4. Bryant McKinnie
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 07:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •