Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Bryant McKinnie kicked out of Pro Bowl

Mr Anderson wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    I don't think McKinnie deserved the probowl to begin with. I am extremely disappointed with him ever since he became a pro. I am a Miami Hurricane fan and was very happy when the Vikings drafted him. Then he held out his rookie season. He has done nothing but cause problems for the team. He let's his QB get hit and he is simply not the good. He has decent games here and there but other than that he doesn't. I actually thought he turned the corner last year as I was impressed with his play especially toward the end of the season. Then he regressed this year. I would not be heart broken if we traded his ass. Get someone that can actually be effective in pass blocking. I would rather have Artis Hicks there than McKinnie to be honest.
    Artis Hicks is the worst player on our team. The only reason he's here is because he used to be an Eagle. He's also a guard. You're kidding yourself if you say you'd rather have him out there than McKinnie... who IMO, played better than people give him credit for this season.

I think with a little more pre-snap discipline he'd be superb. But we telegraph the run, which really gives the defense an advantage against the pass. It's like every down is a 3rd and long, we don't keep them honest, and if a good LT vs RDE has become a premiere matchup in the NFL, and with that kind of speed coming off the edge the least we can do is keep them honest. Don't let them pin their ears back and rush the QB.
    First off I never said Hicks was that great. Second, he is NOT the worst player on the team. 3rd, my point was I would rather have Hicks out there because of McKinnie's actions. Not because he is better. I am not fooling myself. I am just tired of McKinnie's antics because he hasn't lived up to his potential and his off the field bullshit.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

oaklandzoo24 wrote:
    Bryant McKinnie is by far one of the most overrated players in the NFL as it is. When he gets in trouble (not necessarily this) it really makes you wonder where his head is at. Kinda surprised he is still on the roster given his past predicaments and Chilly's "no nonsense" policies.
    Maybe he's just trying to get another raise.

On September 9, 2006, the NFL announced that it would fine McKinnie and fellow Viking Fred Smoot one game check for the incident. For McKinnie, the fine will amount to approximately $41,000 and should bring the matter to complete resolution. A day after the fine was levied, McKinnie was given a raise and a seven year extension of his contract worth $48 million.
    What a joke.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

He's too busy getting busy with the VH1 reality show girls.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

He needs to unhook the plow and take the weights out of his shoes

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

I'm really starting to hope we can ship McKinnie off somewhere. He is arguably the most overrated OLineman in the game and from what I've seen and heard about him, football seems to be on the back burner for him. I looked up his label, Swagga Entertainment and dude seems like he's way more committed to this shit that the Vikes. He's a real big party animal, which i don't have a big problem with, but when it clearly affects your play and proves that you have these priorities that rank above your family and the team, I have a problem with that. You ain't gettin paid all that dough just to go out there and devote your life to some little boy gangsta fantasy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpImyLc9oD8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTE_lyX7-EQ

Get your mind right "Mac". And listen to "Pleasure" either you one fake ass dude talking bout smokin blunts and rollin Js or you needa keep that shit on the DL.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

One other quick note on McKinnie cuz i got that fire burning right now...

You might not give a shit about your image but what you do reflects upon our organization. Think about the people giving you that money so you can get used by pricks like "Pretty Ricky". Clearly these people are only with you right now cause your pockets are carrying them around.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Bryant McKinnie kicked out of Pro Bowl

Overpaid douche.

Get rid of this guy. He is too slow and does not have good footwork to play in the NFL.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Said it for years - he sucks and has been a disappointment.

If they don't trade him at least move him to right tackle and move Loadholt to left at least our QB won't be blindsided as much.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler

OVERRATED! Left tackles are hard to find and we need help at right guard. Knowing that, I would love find a replacement, but that is doubtful since he just signed an extension.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I'm one of the biggest Mac supporters because I feel he is a lot better than most of you guys think he is. However, this is a slap in the face. This is/was his first pro bowl and he cared nothing about it. Why not just pull out? What a dick. Have you guys thought about moving him to right guard? I think he could be dominant on the inside. He may not be able to pull as much but he has the size and strength to play in a limited space

Althought, I wouldn't mind us trading him. He's worst than Moss ever could be. Atleast Moss performed like a HOF.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast