Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re:Bryant McKinnie kicked out of Pro Bowl

Good, he didn't deserve it anyway.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

He claims to have withdrawn due to injuries.

Follow here:
    http://twitter.com/bigmacvikings

Waiting for the league to corroborate one of these claims before I pass judgement.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Well at least he hasn't hit anyone with a poll..........yet

If he's withdrawn and just forgotten to tell anyone else, it might be time for him to be traded to the Raiders.

LaBonBon is offline Rookie

This is sad. And very worrisome. Yet not surprising after such a bad loss. A sloppy loss. A "mean" loss. A most regretful loss. The kind of loss that breeds self-recriminations and doubts. At present the Vikings ship of state is rudderless and adrift in a sea of uncertainty. This is the moment for strong leadership. A crucial time to plot a course for a hopeful future. And it must be done before the players scatter to the winds for the offseason.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think McKinnie deserved the probowl to begin with. I am extremely disappointed with him ever since he became a pro. I am a Miami Hurricane fan and was very happy when the Vikings drafted him. Then he held out his rookie season. He has done nothing but cause problems for the team. He let's his QB get hit and he is simply not the good. He has decent games here and there but other than that he doesn't. I actually thought he turned the corner last year as I was impressed with his play especially toward the end of the season. Then he regressed this year. I would not be heart broken if we traded his ass. Get someone that can actually be effective in pass blocking. I would rather have Artis Hicks there than McKinnie to be honest.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

ejmat wrote:
    I don't think McKinnie deserved the probowl to begin with. I am extremely disappointed with him ever since he became a pro. I am a Miami Hurricane fan and was very happy when the Vikings drafted him. Then he held out his rookie season. He has done nothing but cause problems for the team. He let's his QB get hit and he is simply not the good. He has decent games here and there but other than that he doesn't. I actually thought he turned the corner last year as I was impressed with his play especially toward the end of the season. Then he regressed this year. I would not be heart broken if we traded his ass. Get someone that can actually be effective in pass blocking. I would rather have Artis Hicks there than McKinnie to be honest.
    Artis Hicks is the worst player on our team. The only reason he's here is because he used to be an Eagle. He's also a guard. You're kidding yourself if you say you'd rather have him out there than McKinnie... who IMO, played better than people give him credit for this season.

I think with a little more pre-snap discipline he'd be superb. But we telegraph the run, which really gives the defense an advantage against the pass. It's like every down is a 3rd and long, we don't keep them honest, and if a good LT vs RDE has become a premiere matchup in the NFL, and with that kind of speed coming off the edge the least we can do is keep them honest. Don't let them pin their ears back and rush the QB.

Mr Anderson wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Artis Hicks is the worst player on our team. The only reason he's here is because he used to be an Eagle. He's also a guard. You're kidding yourself if you say you'd rather have him out there than McKinnie... who IMO, played better than people give him credit for this season.

I think with a little more pre-snap discipline he'd be superb. But we telegraph the run, which really gives the defense an advantage against the pass. It's like every down is a 3rd and long, we don't keep them honest, and if a good LT vs RDE has become a premiere matchup in the NFL, and with that kind of speed coming off the edge the least we can do is keep them honest. Don't let them pin their ears back and rush the QB.
    Definitely some great points. Hicks is definitely a struggle out there ... the problem with McKinnie is he leaves sooooooo much to be desired, because he COULD be dominant and he just isn't.
    None

1hotchev is offline Training Camp

for all the bragging I've done on McKinnie, he was an embarrassment this year, This is just the icing on the cake.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Midge Resurrected wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    ejmat wrote:

Definitely some great points. Hicks is definitely a struggle out there ... the problem with McKinnie is he leaves sooooooo much to be desired, because he COULD be dominant and he just isn't.

Hicks's only value is as a fill-in at G and T, not a starter on a regular basis. I'm not a big fan of McKinnie either, but good LT's are not very easy to come by. Should work on his footwork more...he gets killed by speed guys.

This instance is just another of the numerous embarrassing moments of his career...and an embarrassment to the organization.

Vikings OT McKinnie off NFC Pro Bowl team after missing practices
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Chazz is offline Coordinator

Why does this not surprise me

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast