Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Bryant McKinnie kicked out of Pro Bowl

AWOL Bryant McKinnie kicked out of Pro Bowl

McKinnie has shown up for only one meeting and even missed the team picture. Apparently, the Pro Bowl's least deserving player has been enjoying the South Beach night life a bit too much. If McKinnie didn't want to be there, he should have just bowed out like several of his teammates.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35160197/ns/sports-player_news/
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Re: Bryant McKinnie kicked out of Pro Bowl

What a douchebag.
    None

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Re:Bryant McKinnie kicked out of Pro Bowl

Article from earlier:

Vikings' McKinnie was out clubbing

We mentioned yesterday that Bryant McKinnie was an unexcused absence from Friday's Pro Bowl practice and is subject to a fine. No reason was given at the time.

According to McKinnie's Twitter account (@bigmacvikings), the Vikings' left tackle was out clubbing at Miami's Mansion nightclub Thursday night and Friday morning.

"On the way 2 Mansion," McKinnie tweeted at 11:28 p.m. Thursday night. "Finna shut it down!" Apparently having arrived at the club, McKinnie tweeted at 12:06 a.m. Friday morning, "If u coming 2 Mansion 2nite u better hurry! Getting packed!"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/30/vikings-mckinnie-was-out-clubbing/
    I'm surprised he's handled this so poorly. He could've just made an excuse to not play like half the players seem to do and it would've been just fine. Strange too because he seemed so proud when he got voted in.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Fag.. I lost a ton of respect now

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Everywhere im seeing he was dismissed

On his twitter he claims he withdrew cuz it was a long season and he needs to heal

If he isn't gonna man up if its true than he is even a bigger POS

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I really don't care. Ive lost respect for McKinnie over the past few years, but the probowl is a joke anyway. I really don't care.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    I really don't care. Ive lost respect for McKinnie over the past few years, but the probowl is a joke anyway. I really don't care.
    I am normally a fan of the Pro Bowl and think it is a very fair event (only 86 players after all while all other All-Star games expand rosters).

But this season, with the Super Players out, and it being a week after the title games, so all those players are out ... it has pretty much become a joke. I mean David Garrard is in it for crying out loud.
    None

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Bryant McKinnie is by far one of the most overrated players in the NFL as it is. When he gets in trouble (not necessarily this) it really makes you wonder where his head is at. Kinda surprised he is still on the roster given his past predicaments and Chilly's "no nonsense" policies.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Freya is offline Team Alumni

oaklandzoo24 wrote:
    Bryant McKinnie is by far one of the most overrated players in the NFL as it is. When he gets in trouble (not necessarily this) it really makes you wonder where his head is at. Kinda surprised he is still on the roster given his past predicaments and Chilly's "no nonsense" policies.
    I would even venture to say that calling him overrated is an understatement! He is a joke. Apparently OFF the field, as well.

This doesn't surprise me at all and I agree with the questioning of why he is still on the roster considering all his mishaps on and off the field.

I was disappointed that he was chosen to play in the pro bowl if for no other reason that I would rather he not be considered a representative of the vikings at such an event. Bad example.

Message to Childress: Please get rid of him.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

I know many people are clamoring for a S, QB, CB or DT in the first round of the draft ... but this clown and our O-line problems are part of the reason I would not mind seeing a tackle at all.
    None

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast