Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Results 211 to 220 of 220
  1. #211
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bryant McKinnie arrested in Miami nightclub fight

    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    [quote author=PacNWVike link=topic=42643.msg728663#msg728663 date=1204040143]
    There are unsubstantiated reports that the bouncer called BigMac "dude" a number of times...
    Priceless ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Dude, don't get me going again.

    Duuuuuuuude. Just chill.
    LOL.
    You got me snorting in the cube.
    I learned my lesson with the skateboard thread.

    ;D


    dude
    (dd, dyd)
    n.
    1. Informal An Easterner or city person who vacations on a ranch in the West.
    2. Informal A man who is very fancy or sharp in dress and demeanor.

    3. Slang
    a. A man; a fellow.
    b. dudes Persons of either sex.
    tr.v. dud·ed, dud·ing, dudes
    Slang To dress elaborately or flamboyantly: got all duded up for the show.

    Cue Village People music as Marrdro gets up to strut his stuff in the cube ...

    [/quote]

    It is really going to be a Loooooong offseason
    ;D

  2. #212
    IBleedPurple11's Avatar
    IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    414

    Re: Bryant McKinnie arrested in Miami nightclub fight

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=42643.msg728667#msg728667 date=1204040350]
    [quote author=PacNWVike link=topic=42643.msg728663#msg728663 date=1204040143]
    There are unsubstantiated reports that the bouncer called BigMac "dude" a number of times...

    Priceless ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Dude, don't get me going again.

    Duuuuuuuude. Just chill.
    LOL.
    You got me snorting in the cube.
    I learned my lesson with the skateboard thread.

    ;D


    dude
    (dd, dyd)
    n.
    1. Informal An Easterner or city person who vacations on a ranch in the West.
    2. Informal A man who is very fancy or sharp in dress and demeanor.

    3. Slang
    a. A man; a fellow.
    b. dudes Persons of either sex.
    tr.v. dud·ed, dud·ing, dudes
    Slang To dress elaborately or flamboyantly: got all duded up for the show.

    Cue Village People music as Marrdro gets up to strut his stuff in the cube ...

    [/quote]

    It is really going to be a Loooooong offseason

    ;D
    [/quote]

    It's already been too long
    :'(


    *SKOL!*

  3. #213
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,547

    Re: Bryant McKinnie arrested in Miami nightclub fight

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    I know this isn't an excuse.. but here's a quick look into a violent mind while not having an outlet.

    I have played hockey for more years then i care to mention. Now, i know my dad and his temper. and i nkow i got some of it. but have been able to keep it under control so far in my life. Now. also part of that control was having an outlet for my, frustration, anger, built up angst, whatever it is. Befor ehockey games i would think of all the things that pissed me off lately. and what drove me to the edge. so that while in the game i would have that hightened aggresiveness.


    Now that i don't have hockey.. (or have it only 10 days of the year) i can really notice that my anger builds up faster and more often. Now without having an outlet i turned to lifting weights again.. this could be considered a dbl whammy.. as the testastarone flows more.. so does the aggression. since i'd say 2005/06 there have been times i can honestly say i was WAY in the wrong by pushing a situation that I would normallly laugh at the wrong direction and try to instigate the fight.
    there has also been time's that i've overreacted.. (once a fool of a teen said a rather unkind word about americans.. fotini replied to him about his manhood.. he made a bad comment to her, h er mother, and me)
    so i friendly told him to leave before i broke him.. he made a move toward me.. i guess it was cause he had no other direction to go.. but i took it the wrong way and 3 hits later was behing pulled off him by fotini and another guy.

    the police were called and it was sorted out. no permenent damage was done. but he would have a swollen eye, and i think i gave him a scare as it looked as though he pissed himself. 2 be really honest.. i felt good for about 1-2 hours. but then.. after settleing down it hit me what had happened. I really don't endorse str8 up violence. nor do i think it's really any solution to problems. I do though have to state that. being taught to be at a very high aggresion level, and being pushed to raise that day in day out for most of the year, for most of your life. those times that you are not there with that release at hand to help rid that level of aggression.. bad things can happen in the wrong circumstanses.

    had not fotini or the other man been there, i might have done something i really really would regret for many years to come.. without even realizing what i was doing.. now add a bit of alchahol.. or even lack of sleep/angst.. and you get a ticking powder keg waiting to explode.


    I don't say we should just let BigMck go.. but. I think some of us need to see his side as well before passing judgement.

    DiGiTaL
    Sad story really. Thanks for sharing digi
    It was a sad day.. and forced me to look into ways of expressing, or venting out that aggression. If you take these players.. esp linemen.. they are at extremly high levels of aggression in game play. and are taught to raise that more and more.

    when you don't have that release of practice, games. ect. .it can build.
    now, i don't excuse him from letting the violence win out.. but. unless you've been there you can't understand what it's like to snap.. I agree something should be done, and I compeltly agree that his poor decision making wasn't helped by being drunk.. now it's not season time.. infact he's on personal time. is he allowed to drink. yes, is he allowed to be aggresive, if he can control it yes.
    should he be put under the buss and used as an example.. I think it should rather shed some light on the mentality these guys are coming out of the season with. Maybe some anger manegment lessons should be in place by the nflpa??

    just a thought or two from one who knows that the violent reaction is always just around the corner.

    DiGiTaL
    Thanks for sharing that with us.
    I would like to point out that you are very lucky.
    A co-worker of mine was at a party once, drinking. Him and the friend he had went to the party with got into an argument and his friend pushed him to the ground and came towards him. My co-worker took one swing hit him squarely in the mouth, breaking his jaw in several places. The one that got hit was very very drunk, and instigating and out weighed him by 30lbs. The father of the kid decided to press charges and he wound up getting 90 days in jail, and was ordered to pay all damages(tens of thousands). This was the first time he had ever been to court for anything. Then to add insult to injury while he was in jail he had work release, but on the first day he had to take a drug test, and failed, not because of anything illegal but because of body building supplements that he was taking, so instead of going to work he was forced to sit in jail for the full 90 days.
    The debt from that really hurt him for years to come, to the point where he was living in his car for a period.

    Now McKinnie's situation by contrast was much more severe. He went into the bar knowing that he would likely get in a fight and threw several punches and picked
    up a weapon. I refuse to feel even the slightest bit sorry for him. Even if he does get a felony conviction, spends some time in jail, and losing many game checks I will not feel sorry for him.

    Should he get counceling, probably. Is it anyones fault other than his own that he has not gotten counceling, no. Is it in any way the NFLPA associations fault that he went into a situation swinging, no.
    i agree with u that MntMcK's actions where all his own fault, and i'm not saying that cause he didn't have some1 to talk to is the reason he didn't.
    What i think is that instead of just punishing some1 and saying.. "4 games suspended, and bla bla marks on their record" there should be some anger manegment, maybe even to the rookies as they come in as part of their.. learning processes. start showing people early things that they WILL need later on.

    it's up 2 the individual to restrain themselves. no1 can ever truefuly give the blame away.

    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  4. #214
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Bryant McKinnie arrested in Miami nightclub fight

    I find it kind of humorous that some people think he simply snapped & don't even consider the fact that the anger could have been easily brought on by alcohol. Especially considering the fact he was in a bar when he was tossed out & left & went to yet another bar before returning back.

    Whenever you (directed generally) have been in a fist fight or witnessed a fist fight, how often was alcohol involved?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #215
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Bryant McKinnie arrested in Miami nightclub fight

    [size=13pt]Legal load probably less in Miami for Minnesota Vikings lineman Bryant McKinnie[/size]

    Viking likely to receive more leniency than in Twin Cities

    By Sean Jensen
    sjensen@pioneerpress.com

    Article Last Updated: 02/27/2008 01:28:58 AM CST



    Bryant McKinnie likely will receive more leniency in Miami than if his latest legal battle were in Hennepin County, according to three criminal attorneys,,,.


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #216
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re: Bryant McKinnie arrested in Miami nightclub fight

    Sounds like the court system in Miami is a crappy. I thought it was interesting that the attorney said that if it happened in hennepin county he would likely get 14 months, and many on here think that a 4 game suspension is enough, or too much. :

  7. #217
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bryant McKinnie arrested in Miami nightclub fight

    looks like good news for McKinney


    Not only could Otero file a civil charge against McKinnie, who signed a seven-year contract extension worth $48.5 million in 2006, he is the key to the state's case against McKinnie. If Otero doesn't cooperate with authorities, the state attorney's office could announce a "no-action," which effectively ends the case.

    When there is a "high-profile case" that is under "a magnifying glass," Edelstein said, the state attorney's office might try to force the victim to cooperate, but that is unlikely here.

    "In Dade, with these facts, my experience is, they would look at it as a bar room fight and file it as a misdemeanor battery, especially if the victim doesn't want to prosecute," Cohen said. " But if the victim wants to prosecute, then they're more likely to file it as a felony."
    Judging by that fact alone, the bouncer doesn't want to press charges and there's the chance of this being dropped.
    I'd have to think there's more to this than we know about, or else why wouldn't the bouncer cooperate?

  8. #218
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bryant McKinnie arrested in Miami nightclub fight

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    looks like good news for McKinney


    Not only could Otero file a civil charge against McKinnie, who signed a seven-year contract extension worth $48.5 million in 2006, he is the key to the state's case against McKinnie. If Otero doesn't cooperate with authorities, the state attorney's office could announce a "no-action," which effectively ends the case.

    When there is a "high-profile case" that is under "a magnifying glass," Edelstein said, the state attorney's office might try to force the victim to cooperate, but that is unlikely here.

    "In Dade, with these facts, my experience is, they would look at it as a bar room fight and file it as a misdemeanor battery, especially if the victim doesn't want to prosecute," Cohen said. " But if the victim wants to prosecute, then they're more likely to file it as a felony."
    Judging by that fact alone, the bouncer doesn't want to press charges and there's the chance of this being dropped.
    I'd have to think there's more to this than we know about, or else why wouldn't the bouncer cooperate?
    Truth be told he could be under pressure from his employer not to cooperate.
    It could be bad for business.
    I would expect that the bouncer is compensated though.

    Keep in mind, however, that the NFL does not need any type of criminal conviction to act on its conduct policy.
    I still expect Goodell to come down hard on McKinnie with a four game suspension.
    Anything less, and I will honestly be disappointed in Goodell.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #219
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re: Bryant McKinnie arrested in Miami nightclub fight

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    looks like good news for McKinney


    Not only could Otero file a civil charge against McKinnie, who signed a seven-year contract extension worth $48.5 million in 2006, he is the key to the state's case against McKinnie. If Otero doesn't cooperate with authorities, the state attorney's office could announce a "no-action," which effectively ends the case.

    When there is a "high-profile case" that is under "a magnifying glass," Edelstein said, the state attorney's office might try to force the victim to cooperate, but that is unlikely here.

    "In Dade, with these facts, my experience is, they would look at it as a bar room fight and file it as a misdemeanor battery, especially if the victim doesn't want to prosecute," Cohen said. " But if the victim wants to prosecute, then they're more likely to file it as a felony."
    Judging by that fact alone, the bouncer doesn't want to press charges and there's the chance of this being dropped.
    I'd have to think there's more to this than we know about, or else why wouldn't the bouncer cooperate?
    Truth be told he could be under pressure from his employer not to cooperate.
    It could be bad for business.
    I would expect that the bouncer is compensated though.

    Keep in mind, however, that the NFL does not need any type of criminal conviction to act on its conduct policy.
    I still expect Goodell to come down hard on McKinnie with a four game suspension.
    Anything less, and I will honestly be disappointed in Goodell.
    I havn't seen anything that says the bouncer is not cooperating, just that if he doesn't the case could be dropped. My guess is McKinnie will be able to buy his way out of this by offering the bouncer a fat check, that is of course assuming the bouncer didn't suffer long term affects.
    Regardless of what happens in court I think McKinnie has proven that he is classless dumbass thug. I would be outraged if he only gets a four game suspension, 1 year minimum, and then I hope he comes back in a different uniform, maybe he can join K.Rob in packerland.

  10. #220
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bryant McKinnie arrested in Miami nightclub fight

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    looks like good news for McKinney


    Not only could Otero file a civil charge against McKinnie, who signed a seven-year contract extension worth $48.5 million in 2006, he is the key to the state's case against McKinnie. If Otero doesn't cooperate with authorities, the state attorney's office could announce a "no-action," which effectively ends the case.

    When there is a "high-profile case" that is under "a magnifying glass," Edelstein said, the state attorney's office might try to force the victim to cooperate, but that is unlikely here.

    "In Dade, with these facts, my experience is, they would look at it as a bar room fight and file it as a misdemeanor battery, especially if the victim doesn't want to prosecute," Cohen said. " But if the victim wants to prosecute, then they're more likely to file it as a felony."
    Judging by that fact alone, the bouncer doesn't want to press charges and there's the chance of this being dropped.
    I'd have to think there's more to this than we know about, or else why wouldn't the bouncer cooperate?
    Truth be told he could be under pressure from his employer not to cooperate.
    It could be bad for business.
    I would expect that the bouncer is compensated though.

    Keep in mind, however, that the NFL does not need any type of criminal conviction to act on its conduct policy.
    I still expect Goodell to come down hard on McKinnie with a four game suspension.
    Anything less, and I will honestly be disappointed in Goodell.
    I don't expect it to just blow over, but If McKinney is convicted and he goes to prison, i'm sure the NFL will adjust its punishment accordingly.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Similar Threads

  1. Q&A with Bryant McKinnie
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 06:56 PM
  2. Colts RB Kenton Keith arrested outside Indy nightclub
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 07:22 PM
  3. Bryant McKinnie
    By urvaday in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 01:37 AM
  4. Bryant Mckinnie
    By vikings11_27 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 01:59 AM
  5. Bryant McKinnie
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 07:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •