Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Bryant McKinnie arrested in Miami nightclub fight

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    [quote author=PacNWVike link=topic=42643.msg728663#msg728663 date=1204040143]
    There are unsubstantiated reports that the bouncer called BigMac "dude" a number of times...
    Priceless ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Dude, don't get me going again.

Duuuuuuuude. Just chill.
    LOL.
    You got me snorting in the cube.
    I learned my lesson with the skateboard thread.

;D

dude
    (dd, dyd)
    n.
    1. Informal An Easterner or city person who vacations on a ranch in the West.
    2. Informal A man who is very fancy or sharp in dress and demeanor.

3. Slang
    a. A man; a fellow.
    b. dudes Persons of either sex.
    tr.v. dud·ed, dud·ing, dudes
    Slang To dress elaborately or flamboyantly: got all duded up for the show.

Cue Village People music as Marrdro gets up to strut his stuff in the cube ...

[/quote]

It is really going to be a Loooooong offseason
    ;D

IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=42643.msg728667#msg728667 date=1204040350]
    [quote author=PacNWVike link=topic=42643.msg728663#msg728663 date=1204040143]
    There are unsubstantiated reports that the bouncer called BigMac "dude" a number of times...

Priceless ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Dude, don't get me going again.

Duuuuuuuude. Just chill.
    LOL.
    You got me snorting in the cube.
    I learned my lesson with the skateboard thread.

;D

dude
    (dd, dyd)
    n.
    1. Informal An Easterner or city person who vacations on a ranch in the West.
    2. Informal A man who is very fancy or sharp in dress and demeanor.

3. Slang
    a. A man; a fellow.
    b. dudes Persons of either sex.
    tr.v. dud·ed, dud·ing, dudes
    Slang To dress elaborately or flamboyantly: got all duded up for the show.

Cue Village People music as Marrdro gets up to strut his stuff in the cube ...

[/quote]

It is really going to be a Loooooong offseason

;D
    [/quote]

It's already been too long
    :'(

*SKOL!*

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    I know this isn't an excuse.. but here's a quick look into a violent mind while not having an outlet.

I have played hockey for more years then i care to mention. Now, i know my dad and his temper. and i nkow i got some of it. but have been able to keep it under control so far in my life. Now. also part of that control was having an outlet for my, frustration, anger, built up angst, whatever it is. Befor ehockey games i would think of all the things that pissed me off lately. and what drove me to the edge. so that while in the game i would have that hightened aggresiveness.

Now that i don't have hockey.. (or have it only 10 days of the year) i can really notice that my anger builds up faster and more often. Now without having an outlet i turned to lifting weights again.. this could be considered a dbl whammy.. as the testastarone flows more.. so does the aggression. since i'd say 2005/06 there have been times i can honestly say i was WAY in the wrong by pushing a situation that I would normallly laugh at the wrong direction and try to instigate the fight.
    there has also been time's that i've overreacted.. (once a fool of a teen said a rather unkind word about americans.. fotini replied to him about his manhood.. he made a bad comment to her, h er mother, and me)
    so i friendly told him to leave before i broke him.. he made a move toward me.. i guess it was cause he had no other direction to go.. but i took it the wrong way and 3 hits later was behing pulled off him by fotini and another guy.

the police were called and it was sorted out. no permenent damage was done. but he would have a swollen eye, and i think i gave him a scare as it looked as though he pissed himself. 2 be really honest.. i felt good for about 1-2 hours. but then.. after settleing down it hit me what had happened. I really don't endorse str8 up violence. nor do i think it's really any solution to problems. I do though have to state that. being taught to be at a very high aggresion level, and being pushed to raise that day in day out for most of the year, for most of your life. those times that you are not there with that release at hand to help rid that level of aggression.. bad things can happen in the wrong circumstanses.

had not fotini or the other man been there, i might have done something i really really would regret for many years to come.. without even realizing what i was doing.. now add a bit of alchahol.. or even lack of sleep/angst.. and you get a ticking powder keg waiting to explode.

I don't say we should just let BigMck go.. but. I think some of us need to see his side as well before passing judgement.

DiGiTaL
    Sad story really. Thanks for sharing digi
    It was a sad day.. and forced me to look into ways of expressing, or venting out that aggression. If you take these players.. esp linemen.. they are at extremly high levels of aggression in game play. and are taught to raise that more and more.

when you don't have that release of practice, games. ect. .it can build.
    now, i don't excuse him from letting the violence win out.. but. unless you've been there you can't understand what it's like to snap.. I agree something should be done, and I compeltly agree that his poor decision making wasn't helped by being drunk.. now it's not season time.. infact he's on personal time. is he allowed to drink. yes, is he allowed to be aggresive, if he can control it yes.
    should he be put under the buss and used as an example.. I think it should rather shed some light on the mentality these guys are coming out of the season with. Maybe some anger manegment lessons should be in place by the nflpa??

just a thought or two from one who knows that the violent reaction is always just around the corner.

DiGiTaL
    Thanks for sharing that with us.
    I would like to point out that you are very lucky.
    A co-worker of mine was at a party once, drinking. Him and the friend he had went to the party with got into an argument and his friend pushed him to the ground and came towards him. My co-worker took one swing hit him squarely in the mouth, breaking his jaw in several places. The one that got hit was very very drunk, and instigating and out weighed him by 30lbs. The father of the kid decided to press charges and he wound up getting 90 days in jail, and was ordered to pay all damages(tens of thousands). This was the first time he had ever been to court for anything. Then to add insult to injury while he was in jail he had work release, but on the first day he had to take a drug test, and failed, not because of anything illegal but because of body building supplements that he was taking, so instead of going to work he was forced to sit in jail for the full 90 days.
    The debt from that really hurt him for years to come, to the point where he was living in his car for a period.

Now McKinnie's situation by contrast was much more severe. He went into the bar knowing that he would likely get in a fight and threw several punches and picked
    up a weapon. I refuse to feel even the slightest bit sorry for him. Even if he does get a felony conviction, spends some time in jail, and losing many game checks I will not feel sorry for him.

Should he get counceling, probably. Is it anyones fault other than his own that he has not gotten counceling, no. Is it in any way the NFLPA associations fault that he went into a situation swinging, no.
    i agree with u that MntMcK's actions where all his own fault, and i'm not saying that cause he didn't have some1 to talk to is the reason he didn't.
    What i think is that instead of just punishing some1 and saying.. "4 games suspended, and bla bla marks on their record" there should be some anger manegment, maybe even to the rookies as they come in as part of their.. learning processes. start showing people early things that they WILL need later on.

it's up 2 the individual to restrain themselves. no1 can ever truefuly give the blame away.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I find it kind of humorous that some people think he simply snapped & don't even consider the fact that the anger could have been easily brought on by alcohol. Especially considering the fact he was in a bar when he was tossed out & left & went to yet another bar before returning back.

Whenever you (directed generally) have been in a fist fight or witnessed a fist fight, how often was alcohol involved?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Legal load probably less in Miami for Minnesota Vikings lineman Bryant McKinnie[/size]

Viking likely to receive more leniency than in Twin Cities

By Sean Jensen
    sjensen@pioneerpress.com

Article Last Updated: 02/27/2008 01:28:58 AM CST

Bryant McKinnie likely will receive more leniency in Miami than if his latest legal battle were in Hennepin County, according to three criminal attorneys,,,.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Sounds like the court system in Miami is a crappy. I thought it was interesting that the attorney said that if it happened in hennepin county he would likely get 14 months, and many on here think that a 4 game suspension is enough, or too much. :

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

looks like good news for McKinney

Not only could Otero file a civil charge against McKinnie, who signed a seven-year contract extension worth $48.5 million in 2006, he is the key to the state's case against McKinnie. If Otero doesn't cooperate with authorities, the state attorney's office could announce a "no-action," which effectively ends the case.

When there is a "high-profile case" that is under "a magnifying glass," Edelstein said, the state attorney's office might try to force the victim to cooperate, but that is unlikely here.

"In Dade, with these facts, my experience is, they would look at it as a bar room fight and file it as a misdemeanor battery, especially if the victim doesn't want to prosecute," Cohen said. " But if the victim wants to prosecute, then they're more likely to file it as a felony."
    Judging by that fact alone, the bouncer doesn't want to press charges and there's the chance of this being dropped.
    I'd have to think there's more to this than we know about, or else why wouldn't the bouncer cooperate?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Not only could Otero file a civil charge against McKinnie, who signed a seven-year contract extension worth $48.5 million in 2006, he is the key to the state's case against McKinnie. If Otero doesn't cooperate with authorities, the state attorney's office could announce a "no-action," which effectively ends the case.

When there is a "high-profile case" that is under "a magnifying glass," Edelstein said, the state attorney's office might try to force the victim to cooperate, but that is unlikely here.

"In Dade, with these facts, my experience is, they would look at it as a bar room fight and file it as a misdemeanor battery, especially if the victim doesn't want to prosecute," Cohen said. " But if the victim wants to prosecute, then they're more likely to file it as a felony."
    Judging by that fact alone, the bouncer doesn't want to press charges and there's the chance of this being dropped.
    I'd have to think there's more to this than we know about, or else why wouldn't the bouncer cooperate?
    Truth be told he could be under pressure from his employer not to cooperate.
    It could be bad for business.
    I would expect that the bouncer is compensated though.

Keep in mind, however, that the NFL does not need any type of criminal conviction to act on its conduct policy.
    I still expect Goodell to come down hard on McKinnie with a four game suspension.
    Anything less, and I will honestly be disappointed in Goodell.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Keep in mind, however, that the NFL does not need any type of criminal conviction to act on its conduct policy.
    I still expect Goodell to come down hard on McKinnie with a four game suspension.
    I havn't seen anything that says the bouncer is not cooperating, just that if he doesn't the case could be dropped. My guess is McKinnie will be able to buy his way out of this by offering the bouncer a fat check, that is of course assuming the bouncer didn't suffer long term affects.
    Regardless of what happens in court I think McKinnie has proven that he is classless dumbass thug. I would be outraged if he only gets a four game suspension, 1 year minimum, and then I hope he comes back in a different uniform, maybe he can join K.Rob in packerland.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:

I don't expect it to just blow over, but If McKinney is convicted and he goes to prison, i'm sure the NFL will adjust its punishment accordingly.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122