Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bryant Mckinnie

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

Bryant Mckinnie

I thought that we had him till the end of the 2008 season, but I've been looking for it and so far every site says this is his contract year.

Does anyone know when his contract actually runs out???

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Bryant Mckinnie

Without looking, I also thought this was his last contract year. But then again, I may be wrong....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Found this on NFL.com:

LAYING IT ON THE LINE
    Having poured $49 million into its offensive line, the Minnesota Vikings are prepared to spend some more.

Vikings left tackle Bryant McKinnie is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after this season and some NFL executives believe Steve Hutchinson's new $49 million contract with Minnesota could influence those negotiations.

For starters, Hutchinson's contract contains a clause -- the "poison pill" that prevented Seattle from matching the offer sheet -- that mandates he be the highest-paid offensive lineman on his team this season or his contract must be fully guaranteed.

This means that if the Vikings were to negotiate a contract extension with McKinnie this season, it could not pay him more than $7 million per year, or they would have to guarantee Hutchinson's contract in full.

But after the Vikings play their last game this season, there would be no restrictions on what they could pay McKinnie, a 26-year-old ascending offensive tackle whose biggest asset is his pass-protection skills.

The Vikings have been fully aware of McKinnie's contract status, but it doesn't change the fact that, at this time next year, the team could be pouring a ton of money into the left side of its offensive line.

This year, Hutchinson cashed in. Sometime in the next year, McKinnie will.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

yeah, he will be a FA after this year....

I hope they are working on a deal now, rather than waiting......

I also hope that the Hutchinson pill doesn't hurt our chances of keeping him.

Thanks Lotza!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=18px]LAYING IT ON THE LINE [/size]

Having poured $49 million into its offensive line, the Minnesota Vikings are prepared to spend some more.

Vikings left tackle Bryant McKinnie is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after this season and some NFL executives believe Steve Hutchinson's new $49 million contract with Minnesota could influence those negotiations.

For starters, Hutchinson's contract contains a clause -- the "poison pill" that prevented Seattle from matching the offer sheet -- that mandates he be the highest-paid offensive lineman on his team this season or his contract must be fully guaranteed.

This means that if the Vikings were to negotiate a contract extension with McKinnie this season, it could not pay him more than $7 million per year, or they would have to guarantee Hutchinson's contract in full.

But after the Vikings play their last game this season, there would be no restrictions on what they could pay McKinnie, a 26-year-old ascending offensive tackle whose biggest asset is his pass-protection skills.

The Vikings have been fully aware of McKinnie's contract status, but it doesn't change the fact that, at this time next year, the team could be pouring a ton of money into the left side of its offensive line.

This year, Hutchinson cashed in. Sometime in the next year, McKinnie will.

LAYING IT ON THE LINE

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

Thanks SKOL.

That sucks though, cause I don't think he'll re-sign. He said that he wanted to be released or traded if we dealt C-pep. He is gonna be the best OT in the game in a year or 2. I really hopewe give him a lot of money and then add an extra year that is worth nothing (like the deal Walter Jones did) so we can keep him and not guaruntee hutch.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"vikings11_27" wrote:
    Thanks SKOL.

That sucks though, cause I don't think he'll re-sign. He said that he wanted to be released or traded if we dealt C-pep. He is gonna be the best OT in the game in a year or 2. I really hopewe give him a lot of money and then add an extra year that is worth nothing (like the deal Walter Jones did) so we can keep him and not guaruntee hutch.
    I have seen him interviewed since the trade and his tune has changed. Money talks, and we will see if he will listen to us or test the market.

Initially, I think he was in the dirt with DC, and it was all for one, one for all. Since the trade actually happened, I think he has become Viking friendly again.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

What can McKinney really expect? Yes he is good, and yes he has been an anchor for our line to this point. Can the Vikes actually pay him All Pro money for someone that has not yet made the Pro Bowl? I would say pay him as much as they can without messing with the Hutchinson deal.. That is if he agrees to it.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    What can McKinney really expect? Yes he is good, and yes he has been an anchor for our line to this point. Can the Vikes actually pay him All Pro money for someone that has not yet made the Pro Bowl? I would say pay him as much as they can without messing with the Hutchinson deal.. That is if he agrees to it.
    I think they get the deal done before the end of the season. Before the FA bigins that is. It won't be Hutch money, if it is, they will let him go. Let's see how it goes this season.

Pro Bowl money?????? Maybe he will make the Pro Bowl??

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

He really seemed to develop into a more consistant player this last year, and I hope he continues to improve to merit a big pay day.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast