vikesfan is offline Starter

Bruce Smith works with Vikings

I just saw an interview with Bruce Smith on NFL Total Access. He has been working with the Vikings defensive line in training camp. He said that he owes a lot to Ted Cottrell so when Ted asked him to help work with the defensive linemen, Bruce was happy to. He said that we have a lot of talent on the line. He commented specifically about Hovan. Also, he said he has been working with Udeze to teach him how to maximize his time on the field, how to use his hands better, and take less steps when getting to the quarterback. Overall it was pretty interesting. Just wanted to pass that along incase nobody else saw it.

thx vike fan thats good to know

Here's the link to the article

http://vikings.theinsiders.com/2/282884.html

I really like what Ted Cottrell is bringing to our young D. I believe we will be much improved with his experience at defensive coordinator and with the young talent he has to work with.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Bruce Smith works with Vikings

"vikesfan" wrote:
    I just saw an interview with Bruce Smith on NFL Total Access. He has been working with the Vikings defensive line in training camp. He said that he owes a lot to Ted Cottrell so when Ted asked him to help work with the defensive linemen, Bruce was happy to. He said that we have a lot of talent on the line. He commented specifically about Hovan. Also, he said he has been working with Udeze to teach him how to maximize his time on the field, how to use his hands better, and take less steps when getting to the quarterback. Overall it was pretty interesting. Just wanted to pass that along incase nobody else saw it.

Cotrell turned bruce smith into a hall of famer at DE, and he will do the same for udeze, along with a little help from bruce smith. Cotrell was definitetly the best offseason move for this D, no disrespect to winfield and his abilities.

vikesfan is offline Starter

Yeah, I agree muchluv, that Cottrell did turn Smith into a hall of famer and will do the same for Udeze. Smith actually acknowledged that it was Cottrell that made him so good. It's really exciting to finally have a Defensive Coordinater who is so well respected around the league and who has already proved he is more than capable of getting the most out of his players.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"vikesfan" wrote:
    Yeah, I agree muchluv, that Cottrell did turn Smith into a hall of famer and will do the same for Udeze. Smith actually acknowledged that it was Cottrell that made him so good. It's really exciting to finally have a Defensive Coordinater who is so well respected around the league and who has already proved he is more than capable of getting the most out of his players.

I just worry that he will do good with our D, and get offered a head coaching job next year from someone. If our D does do as well as we expect them too, I would bet anything that cotrell is a head coach of some NFL team next year, and that sucks.