Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Brrrr! Vikings' rookie James gets cold shoulder, and more

The players seem to be bonding better in the locker room. I'm sure it is a much different atmosphere than the one about five weeks ago.

Let's hope our boy Erasmus James takes out his anger on the field on Sunday!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Brrrr! Vikings' rookie James gets cold shoulder, and mor

poor erasmus james they are so mean to that poor guy ha ha
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Star Tribune - Ganging up on James

Ganging up on James

Tired of having Erasmus James' belongings spilling out of his locker -- at least that was the explanation of left tackle Bryant McKinnie -- some teammates decided to teach the rookie a chilly lesson Thursday. Two pairs of the defensive end's jeans and his shirt were first soaked and then put outside the locker room to freeze.

Eventually retrieved, James' frozen clothes were placed in front of his locker as teammates, and various camera crews, waited for his reaction. James, however, avoided the area, so eventually tight end Jermaine Wiggins and linebacker Keith Newman brought them to where James was sitting.

The rookie wasn't amused and knocked an ESPN reporter's microphone away before walking into the trainer's room. Although a member of the equipment staff went to dry James' belongings, the same clothes were seen after practice frozen again and resting on his car.
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Star Tribune - Ganging up on James

LOL.. Looks like he took it hard.. Poor guy!

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

sounds like james needs to learn how to take a joke!

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

I assumed that the rookie hazing ended when training camp was over and the season begins I had no idea it continued through the season. Well now Ryan Fitzpatrick can be the source for James to take that out on.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"OldManVike" wrote:
    Ganging up on James

Tired of having Erasmus James' belongings spilling out of his locker -- at least that was the explanation of left tackle Bryant McKinnie -- some teammates decided to teach the rookie a chilly lesson Thursday. Two pairs of the defensive end's jeans and his shirt were first soaked and then put outside the locker room to freeze.

Eventually retrieved, James' frozen clothes were placed in front of his locker as teammates, and various camera crews, waited for his reaction. James, however, avoided the area, so eventually tight end Jermaine Wiggins and linebacker Keith Newman brought them to where James was sitting.

The rookie wasn't amused and knocked an ESPN reporter's microphone away before walking into the trainer's room. Although a member of the equipment staff went to dry James' belongings, the same clothes were seen after practice frozen again and resting on his car.
    LMAO! :lol:

I wouldn't have been a good sport either. I would do the same a James with the microphone.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Brrrr! Vikings' rookie James gets cold shoulder, and more

James had been very upset about what they did to him early on that they kept doing it to keep getting reactions from him. If he would have taken the rookie hazing in stride they probably would have left him alone after training camp, but now they know how much it bothers him so they keep doing it!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    James had been very upset about what they did to him early on that they kept doing it to keep getting reactions from him. If he would have taken the rookie hazing in stride they probably would have left him alone after training camp, but now they know how much it bothers him so they keep doing it!
    Just so long as he doesn't go "postal."

Just so he doesn't go "Underwood."

Del Rio Guest

There is a point when enough is enough.

As a rookie he is trying to better himself and his game, he is probably really trying to catch on. He is probably more annoyed then anything.

I know 5 straight wins is fun, but it should be buisiness when they there. Focus.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast