Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Re: Brooks Bollinger joins the Vikes (Merged Threads)

"ThaSuperFreak33" wrote:
    I really liked Cj Mosley he showed some potential to be a very good DT for us at the end of the season last year.
    Brooks Bollinger is a bum.
    We should have picked up Kerry Collins before the Titans or traded for Volek rather than give up a good DT and draft pick for Bollinger.
    I disagree completely....
    We have our starter in BJ...
    Collins and Volek would both command starting QB money....
    I doubt seriously that Collins wanted to go anywhere that he didnt have a chance to start (not sure about Volek).

The key is trying to figure out how much the team wants to invest against their salary cap for a player that they hope never see's the field during the year.
    If they do get pressed into service, you want someone that has the ability to win a few games.
    With VERY few exceptions, if that backup is pressed into a long period of service, that seasons usually over with anyway.

I'm also not sure why you say Bollinger is a bum...
    He has played in 12 NFL games.... 155 completions out of 275 attempts, 7 TDs, 6INTs...
    Jawdropping stats....no....
    but remember, he was playing for a garbage team in the Jets, playing in bad weather, etc.

Hopefully he will never be the starter in Minnesota, but I think he is a capable backup and absolutely an upgrade from the Irish Brothers!
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"ThaSuperFreak33" wrote:
    I really liked Cj Mosley he showed some potential to be a very good DT for us at the end of the season last year.
    We should have picked up Kerry Collins before the Titans or traded for Volek rather than give up a good DT and draft pick for Bollinger.

Maybe you didn't read the other posts that are in this thread but at least 6 people have posted that Mosley was not making the Viking's team!
    They are not making this up, and it has been known for at least 2 weeks that he was not going to make the final roster.

That means all that the Viking's gave up was a 7th round draft pick for a QB that was better than 2 QB's we have or had on our roster.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

sodaknick is offline Starter

"ThaSuperFreak33" wrote:
    Bum? BUM??!! North Dakota has no bums, sir (it's too stinkin'cold). And besides, his wife is from St. Paul. He's practically a home town boy!

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

I agree, I think it was a good pickup. We gave up Mosley & a draft pick. Not too bad. Brooks is alot better than the other scrubs we got back there (except T-Jack)

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

just wish we coulda seen him in preseason..

but am very glad we don't have to rely ever on either of our previous 2.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

At first I wa not sure about picking him up but I think he has alot of potential as a solid QB for us. Outside of maybe Volek and unless someone else gets released I don't think that there was really a better choice out there. But how bad is McMahon he had the biggest advantage out of any Qb on the roster having played last year with Childress so he know the offense the most. and he will not even make the team. CJ mosley had a solid year last year but I think thathe was a victim of the numbers game. So getting something for him is a solid choice

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Vikings | Bollinger officially a Viking
    Fri, 1 Sep 2006 16:39:32 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports QB Brooks Bollinger passed his physical and he is now officially a member of the Minnesota Vikings.

coachdags is offline Waterboy

Childress and Bevell have a long relationship with Brooks, he will be a excellent back-up for the Vikings...He knows how to manage a game and give you a chance to win..He makes the players around him better....A gamer, with heart, guts, and smarts..

It's going to be fun... Go Vikes

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

As long as he doesn't see any game time, except for garbage time and holding the ball on field goals, I don't care.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

I really would have rather seen JT or TJ as the backup. IMHO, if BJ goes down, the season is over. I really think a young TJ is better then BB.

Hopefully BJ throws alot of passes away before taking hits. He just isnt mobile enough to get away from much pressure. Even though being mobile doesnt mean you wont tear 3 ligaments in your knee.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast