Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Wow, that was fun. We got Tebowed! I am really starting to wonder about the coaching abilities of Leslie and co, Why is it we always find a way to lose? Our secondary got lit up by Tim Tebow? Huh?
    Our linebackers suck and our safeties and corners shouldn't even be in the league. We are bad on so many levels it's shocking. Our Oline is probably the worst in the league.

Everyone who is saying Ponder is sucking it up should take a deep breath after you extract your head from your arse. What do you expect this kid to do? Who is he suppose to throw the ball to other than Percy? He has .4 seconds to throw the fricken ball if it isn't a roll out or play action. Give the guy some credit. It's freakin amazing he was still on the field at the end of the game.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    Wow, that was fun. We got Tebowed! I am really starting to wonder about the coaching abilities of Leslie and co, Why is it we always find a way to lose? Our secondary got lit up by Tim Tebow? Huh?
    Our linebackers suck and our safeties and corners shouldn't even be in the league. We are bad on so many levels it's shocking. Our Oline is probably the worst in the league.

Everyone who is saying Ponder is sucking it up should take a deep breath after you extract your head from your arse. What do you expect this kid to do?
    Not throw bad picks like that? Both weren't even close. No excuses. It's not like a defender made a great play on a ball, or a receiver tipped the ball up and was picked, they were straight between the numbers to a defender. He locks into one receiver, and does not make reads. THat part is inexcusable.

Especially the one at the end of the game. Just as the announcers were saying "Maybe run the ball here or a couple short completions, but the last thing you want to do is...... Intercepted by Denver defense." Musgrave has to communicate with him, make sure he knows not to make stupid throws like that, but Ponder also has to know better.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post

Everyone who is saying Ponder is sucking it up should take a deep breath after you extract your head from your arse. What do you expect this kid to do? Who is he suppose to throw the ball to other than Percy? He has .4 seconds to throw the fricken ball if it isn't a roll out or play action. Give the guy some credit. It's freakin amazing he was still on the field at the end of the game.
    I like Greenway and EJ, but Erin has to go.

We all know we need secondary help.

The question is going to be what we take in the first round. We could really use a 6-2 corner with speed, not sure if there is one in this year's draft. I think that our D line is decent and we can go with out changes there.

Ponder is making decisions under fire.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    He should be growing on the bench. Like I said when TJ was our QB, and like I said when we drafted Ponder. He's obviously not ready to start. He has not yet won us a game, but did manage to cost us four.
    The bench teaches you shit. The experience he is getting this year( Provided he stays healthy and doesn't suffer a catastrophic injury) is going to pay off in spades next year if he is the QB we want him to be. If he does not learn from these mistakes and they end up becoming a pattern then that pattern will be obvious earlier and the team can move on.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    I thought the OL actually played decent today. They gave CP time to throw for 380 and somehow managed to open up holes big enough to get Toby "Slo-Mo" Gerhart 91 rushing. On the bright side, at least we don't have Caleb Hanie lol.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Not throw bad picks like that? Both weren't even close. No excuses. It's not like a defender made a great play on a ball, or a receiver tipped the ball up and was picked, they were straight between the numbers to a defender. He locks into one receiver, and does not make reads. THat part is inexcusable.

Especially the one at the end of the game. Just as the announcers were saying "Maybe run the ball here or a couple short completions, but the last thing you want to do is...... Intercepted by Denver defense." Musgrave has to communicate with him, make sure he knows not to make stupid throws like that, but Ponder also has to know better.
    Ya, it was stupid, the defender saw him looking upfield and stepped back off his own guy and into the throwing lane of the other WR. It was a good play by the defender to be looking at the QB. It was bad to telegraph that play looking at it the whole way. Ponder thought that the front defender would follow his guy and not drop back. Oh well, there are too many teams at 4-8 to get mixed up in that bunch, the loss was good in that aspect. Nobody likes losing, I would have loved to see Ponder take the team down the field and I am trying to look at the positives in this whole situation.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    at least we don't have Caleb Hanie lol.
    There's always a bright side to any situation!

Don't get me wrong, I think he made some boneheaded throws that he should of never made. I'm not defending his poor decisions. What I am defending is his environment that the decisions have to be made in. The guy has no time to go through his reads and make a decision. QB's don't have the luxury of much time anyway, but in his case it's even less. Couple that with the fact that receivers don't get open other than Percy.

I am not defending his bad plays when he makes them, which he does but I am defending the fact that he's playing behind the worse Oline in the league and probably the worst receiving corps in the league.

I guess what I'm trying to say is he's making dumb mistakes, but also making so good throws. Our season has been done for a while now, and yes I would like to win, I would rather he learned and made the majority of his stupid mistakes this year than next year or when we are legitimate contenders.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

It's been said before, but he's a rookie quarterback. This is what a rookie quarterback on a bad team plays like. Flashes of solid play punctuated by baffling mistakes (see also Manning, Peyton, and Newton, Cameron).

Bitch all you want, but that's the fucking reality. When you put your rookie QB out there, you generally are hoping that the veterans will help carry him, like Matt Ryan or Ben Roethlisberger's teammates did. But AP's out, and apart from Harvin and Shiancoe, we've got fuck all on this offense. Certainly not an offensive line. All you can do is throw him out there to take his lumps and get some notches on his belt. No rookie quarterback can be expected to do more than show promise under these circumstances, which Ponder has done unless you want to put your blinders on and focus only on the mistakes.

The best thing about rookie quarterbacks is that one day they will become veteran quarterbacks. They become veteran quarterbacks by playing in football games. Do you really think he's going to learn anything from watching Joe Webb? Hell, do you honestly think Webb gives us a better chance to win? At this point in the season, who cares? There is no benefit whatsoever in benching Ponder.

This wasn't a good game by Ponder, but hopefully, as he learns, it will be a sign of good games to come. We know he can pass for yardage (and it wasn't all or even mostly YAC, so you can cram that counterargument up your ass). He needs to get it under control. The way to do that is for him to play more.
    Last edited by BBQ Platypus; 12-04-2011 at 09:31 PM.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

purpledoom is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    I thought the OL actually played decent today. They gave CP time to throw for 380 and somehow managed to open up holes big enough to get Toby "Slo-Mo" Gerhart 91 rushing. On the bright side, at least we don't have Caleb Hanie lol.
    Ponder got killed in the first half. And they couldn't seem to get Toby room to run. Someone must have put a boot up thier ass at half time. Because I will agree they played much better in the second.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast