Thread: Brock Lesnar

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Brock Lesnar

You people all voted for Ventura, huh?

Brock Lesnar

nothing wrong with that

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Brock Lesnar

You mean we could have drafted Brock Lesner as our punter?!?!! Shees, what was Sherman thinking?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

eelpout72 is offline Starter

Brock Lesnar

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    You mean we could have drafted Brock Lesner as our punter?!?!! Shees, what was Sherman thinking?
    I dont think that Brock Lesner punts footballs but maybe people (using a dropkick technique).

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Brock Lesnar

Los, you crack me up.. hahhaha. IMO, if he can get it done, give him a shot. SOOO, wheres, the stadium...wrong wrestler, huh?

tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

Brock Lesnar

As crazy as it may seem, some NFL insiders are starting to warm up to the idea of giving Lesnar a tryout. Perhaps it has something to do with the 4.65 seconds it took him to run the 40-yard dash during a recent workout. That may not be such a good time for a running back like Maurice Clarett, but it’s a great time for a 6-4, 290 lbs. physical specimen such as Lesnar. Of course, a fast time in the 40-yard dash is one thing, and actually playing football is another. Lesnar spent some time at an Arizona training facility last month, and is said to be working out eight hours each day. He has a long way to go, but don’t be surprised if that impressive dash time scores him a tryout or two.

tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

Brock Lesnar

A 4.65 40 is great for a D-linemen. My question is is he big enough. Possibly OLB

Blackshirtz is offline Training Camp

Brock Lesnar

Well hes quite strong(under statment), but best of all, i have seen him in the WWE, and he is light on his feet for a guy his size. I wounldnt mind giving him a shot.
    "...And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger to those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. AND YOU WILL KNOW MY NAME IS THE LORD, when i lay my vengeance upon thee."

Brock Lesnar

Someone can look up the info on this, but in the early 80's a big deal was made because a bodybuilder or a Weightlifting champ was signed by the Packers. he quit promptly, saying he didn't have anywhere near the athleticism for being an NFL player.

While I know that wrestlers do have some decent athleticism, the test will be his ability to take real-life impacts. I wish him luck, because it will only help his wrestling career if he actually could have some success in a real sport, but not placing any bets.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

My cool story...

Okay, this is long, but I will try and make it interesting.

1982, living in Green Bay, young teenage LosAngelis signs up for the "Lift Weights with the Packers" program at the YMCA. Thinking James Lofton or Eddie Lee Ivery will be the featured Packers, I am disappointed to find two backup offensive lineman, Larry Rubins and Larry Pfohl, are my instructors.

I go through the program, don't really get any stronger, and go on with life.

Fast-forward to 1988, where I am now in college and working training camp for the Bears. I run into Larry Rubins, now a backup with Chicago, and introduce myself to him. He shrugs and walks away.

Next day, (he must have thought about this...) he come up and says "Hey, I sort of remember you now. Little weenie kid, right?"

yeah.

"Hey, do you remember the guy who worked with me on that program?"

Sure. Larry Pfohl.

"You know what he's doing now?"

No.

"He's a professional wrestler. He goes by the name of Lex Luger."

So...my claim to fame...I used to lift weights with Lex Luger, the late, great professional wrestler.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast