VikingsFan4Life is offline Waterboy

Broadcaster Fires Back After Moss' Boss

Broadcaster fires back after blast from Moss' boss

By DAN CAESAR

St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Minnesota Vikings receiver Randy Moss drew heat from Fox network play-by-play broadcaster Joe Buck on Sunday, and Buck drew a scalding from Vikings owner Red McCombs on Monday.

On the telecast of the Vikings' playoff victory over the Packers, Buck took Moss to task for acting as if he was mooning the crowd in Green Bay as he preened after scoring a touchdown.

"That is a disgusting act by Randy Moss," Buck said on the telecast. "I think it's unfortunate that we had that on our air live. That is disgusting by Randy Moss."

On Monday, McCombs shot back in an interview with Tim Brando on Sporting News Radio.

"Joe Buck missed it totally," McCombs said. "In the first place, he's supposed to be reporting a game. I didn't know that he had become an analyst. I imagine there will be some others in his organization that will take a look at that. He was totally out of line."

Buck shot back, saying Monday in a telephone interview from his St. Louis County home that McCombs' anger was misdirected - that it should be toward Moss because he discredited the team.

"If I swallow my opinion and don't say something, I'd be so disappointed in myself," he said. "I wouldn't forgive myself. But I slept good (Sunday) night.

"When somebody mocks mooning a crowd at a pro football stadium, then rubs his backside against a goal post, to me that's obscene. I thought it was a disgusting act. The part nobody is talking about is rubbing his backside against the goal post - that looks like something I don't even want to think about."

Fox Sports vice president of communications Dan Bell said McCombs' suggestion that network officials might be angry with Buck is wrong.

"We would respectfully disagree with Mr. McCombs' assessment," Bell said. "Anybody who knows Joe Buck and the job he does knows he's not one to instantly jump on a soap box every time one could be put in front of him. We stand behind him 100 percent."

Buck was philosophical about McCombs' comments.

"In the end he is trying to defend his guy," Buck said. "If he chooses to do it that way, so be it."

Moss, who is expected to be fined for the incident, did not address it with the media Monday. But after the game, he said in an ESPN interview that "the celebration was more of a fun thing, and not more a hatred thing. I was just playing, just having fun."

Indianapolis coach Tony Dungy suggested the incident might have been prompted by a tradition in Green Bay, telling The Associated Press that Green Bay fans moon the visiting team's bus after Packers victories.

sandviking is offline Pro-Bowler

"When somebody mocks mooning a crowd at a pro football stadium, then rubs his backside against a goal post, to me that's obscene. I thought it was a disgusting act. -Joe Buck

What is obscene and digusting is some of the shows on the FOX network.(my opinion)

I like FOX News, but "The Littlest Groom" and "Who's My Daddy"?! Weren't they the ones who aired "Who want's to marry a millionaire"? :roll: Get a clue!!

Peace through superior firepower!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"sandviking" wrote:
    "When somebody mocks mooning a crowd at a pro football stadium, then rubs his backside against a goal post, to me that's obscene. I thought it was a disgusting act. -Joe Buck

What is obscene and digusting is some of the shows on the FOX network.(my opinion)

I like FOX News, but "The Littlest Groom" and "Who's My Daddy"?! Weren't they the ones who aired "Who want's to marry a millionaire"? :roll: Get a clue!!
    Oh, Fox the Network has to love Moss' actions.

Sports are the truest form of reality TV. The only thing is they can't script it and that is what pisses the anouncers off. All those guys have been burned by the Vikes all season. Now they all want to spurn the team.

Spurn and Burn
    or
    Burn and Spurn

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Broadcaster Fires Back After Moss' Boss

Hey Buck, go find someone who actually gives two hoots about what you see in your tunnel vision perfect world. We'll just go and enjoy ourselves and have a life :bootyshake:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

scorptile is offline Starter

it wasnt only buck it was the analys's even on espn and nfl network thought it was innapropriate and that is including the thoughts of some of the viking fans i know too
    proud fan of the SB XLI champions.

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

F*CK the ESPN and NFL analysts. They ALL predicted a GB victory. Guess what? They ALL were wrong. Analysts my butt.

Farwalker is offline Waterboy

joe buck sucks

When somebody mocks mooning a crowd at a pro football stadium, then rubs his backside against a goal post, to me that's obscene. I thought it was a disgusting act. -Joe Buck

Please show me Mr. Suck,,er buck where Randy wipes his back side against the goal post in a deliberate manner.

HE DIDN'T.

But this is an obvious attempt to slander and misconstrue by a sucky comentator

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yeah he did farwalker. He only does it once or twice before his teammates got there and hugged him, but he did do the wiping motion on the goalpost.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!